Respawn with full (500) HP after death with a simple hoik machine

Veyhedis

Terrarian
When you are killed then revived, you only respawn with half of your health, which can be annoying since you'll probably have to spend some time to regen your HP (or even use a potion). In some situations like a moon, (and even in multiplayer if you host a server) you will want to jump back directly in the action without waiting to regen your life. This small machine will help you by reviving your character with all it's life every time it dies.

Capture 2017-08-11 15_31_51.png
Capture 2017-08-11 15_32_30.png

The machine is easy to build and to use. It must be wired to a house / spawn point / arena in the world.

When you are outside of it, the hoik teeth above the bed must be deactuated so that you can use the bed to respawn inside (else it will be blocked, preventing you to do so). As soon as you respawn, the sensor will actuate the blocks and send your character across the hoik track to collect hearts from statues. After collecting everything, you are teleported to the spawn point you wired.

I use 13 statues for 13 hearts (260 HP) and star statues for mages (in case they die they respawn with full mana too). Stars are optionnal. Try to use the same spacing than me (for statues, hoik and pressure plates), else you may miss some hearts (due to the speed of the hoik) which will just sit there without being collected. Also, notice that the 2 last blocks are hammered downwards to make you step on the teleporter.

Several machines of this type can be used for different spawn points / arenas. As a bonus, you can teleport to it while fighting the Destroyer and the Moon Lord for a quick healing and re-engage right after.

Be sure that less than 6-7 hearts are spread across the world else the machine will be crippled / stopped, due to spawn limits when using statues.

Last edited:
Wow, outstanding. Thanks! Now I can get right back into action without having to wait for my HP to regen.
(I know this thread is pretty old but it helped me nontheless and I should give thanks) :happy::dryadhappy::merchanthappy::nursehappy:~:happy:`:happy:

To get 13 heart statues more easily, you can generate many worlds and mine the underground desert, which contains a lot of underground cabins in it, so many statues. It also helps to have the experimental features enabled, you generate a world and if you find a heart statue you leave the world, copy the seed, generate the same world again and repeat.

Using this trick saves your money instead of using the nurse every time you die or get low life against the destroyer or the moon lord. You also don't risk her being killed by those bosses and you can also move her to another arena or place where you need her better.

When you say less than 6-7 hearts spread across the world, do you mean heart statues or the heart item drop?

Back
Top Bottom