Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

The oasis above my underground desert had a water chest with water walking boots, which made my day. However it cursed me to not get a lava charm for months. I also once had an enchanted sword shrine generate in a living tree, which was nice.

When I was super new to the game, I realized I could craft a fishing rod. I went to the nearest puddle (it was nowhere big enough to be effective for fishing) and proceeded to get a crate first try. This led me to the misconception that fishing was fun, and I proceeded to spend another 30 minutes getting nothing but junk before giving up.
My friend (new to terraria) decided to explore to underground hallow to see what the new biome was. About 5 minutes in he asked me what the rod of discord was.. I was actually shocked. He got the rod of discord SECOND try. I've never been more excited and angry at the same time..

When I was super new to the game, I realized I could craft a fishing rod. I went to the nearest puddle (it was nowhere big enough to be effective for fishing) and proceeded to get a crate first try. This led me to the misconception that fishing was fun, and I proceeded to spend another 30 minutes getting nothing but junk before giving up.
My friend (new to terraria) decided to explore to underground hallow to see what the new biome was. About 5 minutes in he asked me what the rod of discord was.. I was actually shocked. He got the rod of discord SECOND try. I've never been more excited and angry at the same time..
me getting coin gun from a random pirate from the first invasion and first monster in the event 💀

Ooh, that reminds me of the most unlucky night I've ever had in terraria. I was in the middle of a pirate invasion, and it hit night. The blood moon is rising..
Truly evil. But it gets worse. I felt vibrations from deep below. Pirate invasion, blood moon, and destroyer in one night. I have no idea how, but I managed to beat all 3 with the help of the black spot mount. I didn't even know you could have a blood moon and natural boss spawn in the same night.

Truly evil. But it gets worse. I felt vibrations from deep below. Pirate invasion, blood moon, and destroyer in one night. I have no idea how, but I managed to beat all 3 with the help of the black spot mount. I didn't even know you could have a blood moon and natural boss spawn in the same night.
pre 1.4.1?

My horrible luck with blood moons:
1. The second (or maybe third) night i got hardmode on my world, i was mining underground and i got a blood moon. When i returned to the surface, it not just ended up with my 4th death on my character and on my world (via a Wandering Eye), but also the death (or """"leaving"""") of my beloved town cat via a Clown Bomb, which was really sad. Rest in piece, Blaze, you will be missed... :( I now have no mercy for those horrible enemies who cares if they have like 800 HP which is twice of which my character has i will avenge Blaze one day
2. Made a terraria beta world, on the second night there was a blood moon. Sure, this was beta, but i had 100 HP.

Last edited:
I've fight the brain of Cthulhu exactly 50 times, and I still have not gotten the bone rattle. I get that it's a 5% drop but come on. I even got the binoculars from the eye of Cthulhu which is a 3.33% chance. Like WHY?!?!

I've fight the brain of Cthulhu exactly 50 times, and I still have not gotten the bone rattle. I get that it's a 5% drop but come on. I even got the binoculars from the eye of Cthulhu which is a 3.33% chance. Like WHY?!?!
If you're already complaining at that, I can only imagine how you'll feel about Rod of Discord.

I was trying to get a Golden Key in the Post-Plantera Dungeon
1688657285459.png

This is a for-fun thread. Idea: post anything about when you were super lucky (or unlucky) from RNG, or even something that happened that was really lucky, unlucky, or just funny. Have fun!

My luckiest RNG moment: I went into the jungle to explore around. I killed 5 hornets and 2 of them gave me a bezoar. Wow.

On my 7th Demon kill ever: Mythical demon scythe
I wish I'd screenshotted it, but right after defeating WoF i got a slime staff and a mechanical worm from the same slime.

Back
Top Bottom