tModLoader Simple endgame boss request

General Milky

Terrarian
Coding is hard. Yeah, I get it, it's effort and following the whims of the internet is tough, but during my last few tmodloader playthroughs I feel that one specific feature is just plain missing, and that is something to do after getting the strongest stuff.

Short version; I want, at minimum, cut and paste bosses with boosted stats, for endgame characters to battle.

Long version; I've HATED, for the as long as Terraria's been updating, how there's always an ultimate toy/set of toys at the end of the game, with nothing to USE them on. What good is Solar Armor if my only use for it is to defeat the thing I'd already beaten? Why should I care about an SDMG when all I have to shoot at is the same thing I'd been shooting to get it? I want just SOMETHING at the end, that doesn't drop anything helpful to perpetuate the cycle, to validate grabbing those final goodies.

The idea I had in my head to avoid going to crazy with it, was simply adding pallete swaps of the old bosses with inflated stats, and with no reward outside of some trophy or something else cosmetic(for proof of overcoming them.) Not all bosses would work of course, for instance most prehardmode bosses just simply can't keep up with a player using wings, but it might be cool to refight the mechs or Lunatic Cultist or something where they aren't instantly annihilated.

It seems a lot of mods have a huge, broad focus on adding biomes and a ton of bosses within their own vision of an expansion, but I'd love something simple to fill a hole in the terraria experience I always felt has been there. I want to use the luminite stuff for a real purpose. I want to get ahold of a Last Prism for a REASON. I want a "bonus boss," or bosses, to test my maximized character without continuing the trend of they themselves in turn dropping something I have no reason to use. No big weapons, no progression changes, no spawned ores, just big monsters with big health pools I need to bring my A-game to fully equipped as an endgame Terrarian. Something small, but effective.

Now that I've begged people with more talent than me to patch my game to my liking, I'm off to start a new game from the beginning AGAIN and see what this throwing damage stuff is all about.

This is interesting idea. I have not read all, but i have also this problem, when i finish my game, i drop overpower stuff for destroy boss who have drop that, this is strange. Boss who have not loot except a trophy or cosmetic, this is fun, if we have best stuff.

If person can, i can always test. (But, i have not experience with that, so need a small time)

Last edited:
Coding is hard. Yeah, I get it, it's effort and following the whims of the internet is tough, but during my last few tmodloader playthroughs I feel that one specific feature is just plain missing, and that is something to do after getting the strongest stuff.

Short version; I want, at minimum, cut and paste bosses with boosted stats, for endgame characters to battle.

Long version; I've HATED, for the as long as Terraria's been updating, how there's always an ultimate toy/set of toys at the end of the game, with nothing to USE them on. What good is Solar Armor if my only use for it is to defeat the thing I'd already beaten? Why should I care about an SDMG when all I have to shoot at is the same thing I'd been shooting to get it? I want just SOMETHING at the end, that doesn't drop anything helpful to perpetuate the cycle, to validate grabbing those final goodies.

The idea I had in my head to avoid going to crazy with it, was simply adding pallete swaps of the old bosses with inflated stats, and with no reward outside of some trophy or something else cosmetic(for proof of overcoming them.) Not all bosses would work of course, for instance most prehardmode bosses just simply can't keep up with a player using wings, but it might be cool to refight the mechs or Lunatic Cultist or something where they aren't instantly annihilated.

It seems a lot of mods have a huge, broad focus on adding biomes and a ton of bosses within their own vision of an expansion, but I'd love something simple to fill a hole in the terraria experience I always felt has been there. I want to use the luminite stuff for a real purpose. I want to get ahold of a Last Prism for a REASON. I want a "bonus boss," or bosses, to test my maximized character without continuing the trend of they themselves in turn dropping something I have no reason to use. No big weapons, no progression changes, no spawned ores, just big monsters with big health pools I need to bring my A-game to fully equipped as an endgame Terrarian. Something small, but effective.

Now that I've begged people with more talent than me to patch my game to my liking, I'm off to start a new game from the beginning AGAIN and see what this throwing damage stuff is all about.

I'm trying to copy and paste bosses but make different sprites for them. And instead of using an aiStyle for their AI I copy the whole AI programming and change certain variables to make the bosses stronger, faster, and trickier to deal with (different attack patterns and such).

Gonna make one such boss (similar to the Lunatic Cultist) as the final boss of my mod. Hopefully that's good enough.

This was always been the annoying part of progressing and getting stronger, bosses you've faced earlier are getting weaker.
I am really annoyed by that you get so much stronger during the lunar events, except that you will actually never need those items outside the lunar events.

It's a bit difficult to think about, because I also would still like it to fight the Eye of Cthulhu with shurikens without the need to make a new world for it.

DarkBee
A small boss for example, if you want than i continue of try. (Recipe : 1 hallowed bar / 10 honey bottle), a boss after a mechanical boss. (Sprite and trophy are not worked, just swap color :D)
A bit more difficult in expert, also.
edit: my second boss is brain, like boss brain, but a small different... (I take easy then hard!)

Last edited:
DarkBee
A small boss for example, if you want than i continue of try. (Recipe : 1 hallowed bar / 10 honey bottle), a boss after a mechanical boss. (Sprite and trophy are not worked, just swap color :D)
A bit more difficult in expert, also.
edit: my second boss is brain, like boss brain, but a small different... (I take easy then hard!)
I'll give these a spin soon! Downloaded, updated, just gotta actually get this far in my current world, now.

Kuf kuf, download last version in Mod brower or HuntToBoss
Hum, wait, this is maybe same link. Download for be sure. I have upgrade Bee. (Who is now, after last boss)

For the moment, i need know if correct/ can be kill. (DarkBee normal: I kill; DarkBee Expert, i dead because i am bad for keep shoot(and a nightfight is bad idea!) (DarkBrain:Normal : This is a train for mode expert, he can kill you with three shoot. Mode expert, no more damage ou life(except phase 2 like real brain, not finish), just more hard. You win a different trophy if you kill a normal boss or a expert boss. Luminite is need for recipe for know.

EDIT/Update: you have time, i work for the Dark Eye.

Last edited:
''just big monsters with big health pools''

Yeah it's the same exact stuff i want, i always wished to fight mobs with over 20k health, mobs that you dont kill instantly, im a lover of machinegun, on the vanilla i couldn't wait to use the last prism but afterwards i was thinking about the chlo bullets and i went back to the sd

So far i couldn't find any mods that would either allow you to change the health of mobs OR make the mobs extremely strong and a sh*t ton of health !

Only the devs can change that apparently and or play on a game like Terraria leveled but the mod is very op i mean you could have 4k health and a mob could one shot you......

Im looking for challenge, something we've never seen yet, i like fighting bosses but i wanna fight mobs with over 20-30k health !

Don't worry, in my mod we already have really tough bosses, summons drop from ML, and defeating them is the key to progression there. Some spoiler : 120k health, over 100 dmg on hit

I see everyone is pointing out they've got some 'tough' bosses coming, but what about reliving the nostalgia? We all remember the first time beating, heck even fighting, the EoC, or brain... and wasn't it amazing? By actually being able to fight these same bosses, but just a heck of a lot tougher, you could relive this nostalgia. This is quite a good concept. If you don't mind, could I add this to a list of ideas within my project server which we can then build upon?

My mod is that, fight vanilla boss with same pattern but different. Problem is the multi, here. I try fix that, you can already test this mod with modbrower, HuntToBoss, three boss for the moment, not other than i have not fix multi and fix problem when they died(no died corpse) and finish visual effect, ah ah.

The other thing is, mods that have bosses in them are cool, but it'd be nice to have a mod that is JUST bossed. Snrasha has the right idea, no rewards but a trophy, no fluff or stuff to come with it, just a couple postgame bosses to fight after the end and still feels vanilla.

I still haven't fought them yet, but I did see the items in cheat engine.

Yes, you have very reason, and i follow your idea, a mod bosses where you can loot stuff is stupid if the but of the mod is just for kill boss. If you want stuff, download others mods(So many good mods).

After, this is maybe the best stupid idea ever for me, to create a mod and release that before be sure than this boss is correctly balanced, but, i am just stupid :D. So, yes, you can fight bosses just after mechanical bosses(but you need luminite for spawn boss, BEST IDEA EVER), so if you can say me if you want than i up life, damage or change cooldown of a boss. Oh yes, for the multi, next version, i blocked that, i cannot fix that for the moment.

And more, i need fix gores and visual effect >.<

EDIT: Fine, i have tested with last armor , so, yes, i one shoot my boss, ah ah xD
EDIT2: Fine, new update, now normal boss is better with 100k+ life. For Expert, hum, good luck, no tested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom