Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Confection: The Desserted Land- An Alternate Hallow

What is the Confection's most iconic creature?

• Birdnana

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • Cherry Bomber

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Cherry Bug

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Chocofrog

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Crazy Cone

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Crunchy Camel

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dainty Donkey

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Gummy Worm

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Icecream Gal

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Iscreamer

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Krispy Kitty

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Meowzer

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • Parfait Slime/Sherbet Slime

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • Pip

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Prickster

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Rollercookie

Votes: 229 32.0%
  • Rootbeer Floater

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sprinkler/Sprinkling

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Sweety Gummy

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • The Unfirm

Votes: 76 10.6%

• Total voters
Total support from me. You've certainly done an astounding job in putting this together, Snicker.

The sprites are great, the names of everything are quite creative, and the concept is very unique. I will definitely include the banner in my signature... when I get the damn thing completed, that is. ;_; Great job with this and I look forward to seeing more amazing suggestions from you in the future!

Wow. All the puns are so good (Possible? Apparently) and the sprites are better! The ideas themselves are original, well thought out, and in great quantity. Also reminds me of the cyber for some odd reason
Support.jpg

Awesome sprites and intelligent ideas! The only things I have a problem with is that this is a counterpart to the Crimson. I would definitely prefer this as a counterpart to a new alternate Corruption, possibly the Parasite (Parasite is all about eating other things, this is all about being eaten etc.) or as a unique biome which must be spread using the Clentaminator. I also love the name, Confection is perfect in so many ways. In a straight up choice between this and Cyber as the counter-Crimson, I'd choose the Cyber, but I still love this one and would love to see it ingame.

One of the things I love about this suggestion is how much "Confection" sounds like "Infection".

And of course, absolutely everything else, and I do mean everything. I admit that I got impatient while reading it because I couldn't stand leaving that like button unclicked, but I promise I will read the entire thing in detail later! This level of creativity is what we need in Terraria, let's put it that way.

One tiny, tiny detail, almost not even worth mentioning, is that the Rocket Pop Launcher needs a mana cost.
I'm SO glad this word exists, as this project was called "The Creamery" for quite some time.. it was definitely a placeholder name, and I was really happy when I read the word "Confectionery" somewhere!

As for the lack of mana costs for all magic weapons, I went off of Zoomo's Cyber a lot, which also excluded them :p Mana cost is kind of hard to balance but I'll try to think of some costs, as well as try balancing the weapons more as I did kind of just take numbers out of no where.

WHAT!? THE SALAD WAS NOT THE ALT? THEN IT MUST BE THE ENEMY OF THIS!

Anyway, I've read through it all, and its quite well done and well planned. I just wish I hadn't have predicted this being the biome theme from the moment you announced it, I was expecting a surprise :(

Bonus: I read it all while listening to Sonic Colour's Sweet Mountain themes.
How did you know? I mean, I spoiled only things that wouldn't make it obvious, like the cherry seeds and glistering wings. Those could have been crystal wings and red pebbles!

Sweet! But Y U NO birdnana?
I completely forgot about that.. *puts on list of things to maybe do*

I have to say, in all honesty, I'm not looking forward to a food biome (the idea seems too weird for me, even for a weird game like Terraria), but my gawd, all your sprites look absolutely delicious! :)
Food is too weird, but Dr. Seuss Trees, evil Unicorns, and teleporting pink baldies aren't? :p Thanks!

Total support on this, it's a very well put and made biome. The only thing I don't like about it is the music you suggested, I'm sure there are better examples out there that you could have found.
Really? Huh. It's from a game I played as a little kid and kind of just oozes nostalgia for me, and it's kind of a happy upbeat song. Of course, this wouldn't be the track used, I just put it there to give an idea.

I googled Cookie cutter shark...
Cookie-Cutter-Shark.jpg
AGHHH CANNOT UNSEE IT'S HORRIFYING!

Nice name! And very funny. First page as well!

EDIT: I just read the whole thing. I love all the puns, especially the Rollercookie, which has the best sprite ever BTW. I also added the banner into my signature.
The Rollercookie is probably one of my favorite enemies :dryadhappy: Thanks!

I looooove this! :dryadgrin:
YAAAAY!

Ok, i just got on my better ipad and can now see the sprites. This is amazing! Youre really good at making sprites!
Thanks, this means a lot to me!

This is amazing. The pun-o-meter is off the charts. 11/10 "Like Skyrim with Candy"
Awww yeah!

I'm tempted to change my avatar to a Rollercookie...
Go ahead, I could make a nonstop version if you'd like!

Total support from me. You've certainly done an astounding job in putting this together, Snicker.

The sprites are great, the names of everything are quite creative, and the concept is very unique. I will definitely include the banner in my signature... when I get the damn thing completed, that is. ;_; Great job with this and I look forward to seeing more amazing suggestions from you in the future!
Thanks a lot! It must've taken over 20 hours to put this together, not counting distraction time. It'll be awhile before my next project as this one took a long time!

WOW. Just... wow. Haha, I remember that old furniture set, making an entire biome around that is not only crazy, but crazy well-done! Seriously, some of those sprites just make me hungry. Great job!
I remembered it and re-used it to save some time, haha! Crazy is good! I remember getting hungry a few times working on this.. actually it's making me a little hungry right now! :p Thank you so much!

This biome gave me diabeetus...

Welp, time to work on Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.
Don't look at it too long, you might catch some cavities :dryadtongue:

I have not said these two words as urgently as right now since the Covert came out.
RED PLS!
I agree, Red pls!

(Should have commented when I saw this this morning to get my spot on first page. Oh well)
This is a great suggestion, I think there are a lot of alt hallow threads out there, but this is one of the best.
Thanks! I think most alt Hallows could be interesting if enough effort is put into them.. I think I've seen some about candy worlds with almost nothing and they didn't do well.

I would totally buy "All Boss" Oreo cookies. :dryadwink:
I was wondering when someone would mention that! We need All Cookies!

Wow. All the puns are so good (Possible? Apparently) and the sprites are better! The ideas themselves are original, well thought out, and in great quantity. Also reminds me of the cyber for some odd reason
Support.jpg
Well, it is an alternate Hallow just like the Cyber which are both paired up against the Crimson (for now). Thanks for the support!

Awesome sprites and intelligent ideas! The only things I have a problem with is that this is a counterpart to the Crimson. I would definitely prefer this as a counterpart to a new alternate Corruption, possibly the Parasite (Parasite is all about eating other things, this is all about being eaten etc.) or as a unique biome which must be spread using the Clentaminator. I also love the name, Confection is perfect in so many ways. In a straight up choice between this and Cyber as the counter-Crimson, I'd choose the Cyber, but I still love this one and would love to see it ingame.
Yeah, I might some day create a new Corruption alternate to put this up against, but this alone was a lot of work, so for now, it's up against the Crimson, and at least to me, it makes some sense up against it. No offense to Zoomo, but I don't really see the Chaos vs Order thing.. I wouldn't call the Crimson a Chaos biome, but a Bloody or Meaty one. I do like the Cyber a lot, though! Anyway.. yeah, some day there might be an anti-Confection. :dryadwink:

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Yeah, I might some day create a new Corruption alternate to put this up against, but this alone was a lot of work, so for now, it's up against the Crimson, and at least to me, it makes some sense up against it. No offense to Zoomo, but I don't really see the Chaos vs Order thing.. I wouldn't call the Crimson a Chaos biome, but a Bloody or Meaty one. I do like the Cyber a lot, though! Anyway.. yeah, some day there might be an anti-Confection. :dryadwink:
I'd certainly be willing to help with sprites and/or ideas for this Anti-Confection. But for now, I'm sure you plan to rest on your hard-earned laurels and I've got other stuff to do. Also, I think Chaos vs. Order might be stretch for Crimson/Cyber, but Flesh vs. Machine is definitely valid.

I'd certainly be willing to help with sprites and/or ideas for this Anti-Confection. But for now, I'm sure you plan to rest on your hard-earned laurels and I've got other stuff to do. Also, I think Chaos vs. Order might be stretch for Crimson/Cyber, but Flesh vs. Machine is definitely valid.
For now, yes, I'm probably not going to make anything big in the very near future, however, I will have some more big projects!

Does it rain chocolate in The Confection? :p

Loving it, absolutely loving it. And not just because it features a new minion type, awesome minion armor bonus thing, and a fun spear.
Wow.. I was just away for a bit and looked outside, watching it rain.. then I thought about chocolate rain, then came back to this! I think I will add it, yes! :p

Back
Top Bottom