Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

Just noticed something.. Cybernetic and Titanium pretty much use the same colors. Not too problematic but they're right next to each other on the tier list and all other armors use their own unique color palette. It makes the armor less unique and not stand out as much.

index.php
Titanium_armor.png
Titanium_armor_female.png

They both use gray with cyan highlights.

Wait a minute.. greater healing potions made out of beam reactors? :dryadwhat:
I'm not the best at solving problems like these but...
It could possibly be solved if titanium armor be a bit darker and grainier... (doesn't the bars have like speckles of different colors in it?)

I was actually considering making the metal darker with higher contrast but it resembled crimson's metal a bit too much, I may try making it brighter and whiter when I have time. :)

Just noticed something.. Cybernetic and Titanium pretty much use the same colors. Not too problematic but they're right next to each other on the tier list and all other armors use their own unique color palette. It makes the armor less unique and not stand out as much.

index.php
Titanium_armor.png
Titanium_armor_female.png

They both use gray with cyan highlights.
This could also be solved by inverting the palette. That is to say, make it cyan with grey highlights.

I was actually considering making the metal darker with higher contrast but it resembled crimson's metal a bit too much, I may try making it brighter and whiter when I have time. :)
That could work well, but I kinda enjoy the grey and Cyan combo, it's just pleasant to stare at...

I agree but upping the lightness would stop people from whining about it being "Not good enough" in comparison to how good the hallow is.

Not you, I understand and appreciate what your saying. I'm referring to some people who call the Cyber a more "evil" biome than the Hallow. The idea behind the Cyber wasn't so much a scrapyard like some have seem to have taken it but more as a orderly utopia.

What I was saying about the color was that it could kind of kill two birds with one stone by differentiating it from Titanium and Lightening the possibly too dark color scheme.

The cores sprites could use some improvement. It is really hard to distinguish between core of fright and sight and all of the other ones. Great suggestion.

Canadian Approved:
canflagsolo24 1.png

I love this biome idea, but at the same time I just don't think it should be a hallow alternative ( I think the Veridian works better as a Crimson counterpart). Maybe it could be its own tier of progression? Like, making the Steampunker spawn when hardmode starts, with the clentaminator already available. Then you combine souls of light and night (or equivalents) with green solution to make gray solution. Spray it and you get the cyber. Then, certain mobs drop a new material for creating mechanical boss spawns (who no longer randomly spawn during night time). It would make sense to spawn an artificial biome artificially, and it still explains the presence of the mechanical bosses. Also, it would add more uniqueness to this biome [which, at the moment, is just another alternative (a well made one might I add)]. But all in all, this is an excellent suggestion.

I think this sounds a lot more complicated and unnecessary than just having it be a Hallow alt, personally.

With that said, I'm a big fan of the Viridian as a counter-Crimson, but I don't think this fits as a flat addition, it was designed to be a Hallow alt.

Amazing concept. Fills a science go void too by letting players get cybernetic loot and armor etc.

My crit is the graphics work. The sprites are wonderful but biome background etc needs work. The sci fi world you inspire is not well portrayed in the biome background. I'd replace trees with clean machinery and buildings. After all, we are emphasizing the battle between chaos and CONTROL, and the trees in the big are too natural and clash with your idea.
Naturally, I'd make the grass all the exact same height to again imply a sense of order.

How you described the music is really provocative. I liked the word you chose 'hum'.

Btw, everything is chrome in the future.

I'd like for a friendly mob (similar to bunny) that consists of a van that shows up whenever a normal flower blooms in the grass. A dude gets out of the van and sprays the flower chrome. (Sponge bob reference)

Back
Top Bottom