Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

Huh, nifty idea, I have to admit, I like this a lot, as much as I'm tired of seeing the ridiculous number of "Hey look guys! Another corruption/hallow alt!" instead of something actually new, this is actually pretty decent and something that would legitimately add to the game.

On a slightly different note, you might want to clean up your Opening Post, there's quite a few typos left in there.

I support this idea, it is simply amazing. After playing a handful of Terraria I started thinking about Hallow alternative and a Crimson counterpart(I played since 1.1, so I always considered Corruption as a Hallow counterpart) I was thinking what is the opposite of flesh, and I'm surprised I didn't think about cybernetic organisms. This idea was explored in many games, say System Shock 2(meat vs cyborgs and robots). This counterpart is perfect.

I do have some suggestions.

I think seeds should be pointy and should be called something like "nanites", so it will suggest that nanomachines help spreading the cyber.
Backgrounds should have more cybernetic mountains, with some cyber trees, maybe mountain shapes should be geometrically correct.

Speaking about alignments in D&D setting(especially Planescape one), I think that Crimson is Chaotic Evil - the evil force that has no rules, just the spreading of the flesh. Cyber on the other hand is Lawful Neutral, it does not care about good or evil, it is the biome of order and perfection, like a precise clockwork (similar to Mechanus plane in Planescape)

Becuase their ego is too high and constantly refuse to take ideas from the community (come on devs point me wrong please). It is just a pitty. Other games just keep adding suggestions. It looks like this forum section is pointless. All they are doing is hurting the game by not adding this epic awesomeness.

Supposedly the next patch is the last one then they gonna do terraria 2 so they wont add more to terraria 1 than the stuff they wanted for 1.3 but got rused.

I heard they were still gonna support Terraria until 1.5, even as they prepare Terraria: Otherworld.
Now sorry to be harsh on you but what are you like 12 years old? I've heard... Yeah whatever we only hear what devs say and they do not say much if you are going to make stuff up please make so elsewhere. I've heard lol. Do you think that 3 people are enough workforce to produce another 1.x? Some people just amaze me.

Now sorry to be harsh on you but what are you like 12 years old? I've heard... Yeah whatever we only hear what devs say and they do not say much if you are going to make stuff up please make so elsewhere. I've heard lol. Do you think that 3 people are enough workforce to produce another 1.x? Some people just amaze me.

Just because someone makes a false assumption about something does not give you the go ahead to assault them and their intelligence on these forums. If you have nothing productive or respectful to say, you should refrain from posting anywhere on these forums at all.

Read the Rules and Culture of the TCF community to get a better understanding of what we expect out of our members here. Thanks.

I said I HEARD ABOUT, doesn't mean that I'm assuming it is the truth.

Well, I slapped my opinion on his answer on my status, anyway.

Modding biomes takes a ton of work, though. However, It's possible that since this is such a good biome suggestion, it might be modded.
Keep in mind this was originally posted almost 2 years ago, with discussion of the possibility of it being made into a mod starting soon afterwards. There has been a lot of time for a mod project to start, it just hasn't. It would be surprising to see something happen this late in the game.

There are a couple of technical and item changes I'm a bit iffy about (nothing inparticular at the moment though) but I love the suggestion as a whole. I like the idea of it being an alternate to the chaos that is the crimson. Corruption and Purity, Chaos and Order.

Back
Top Bottom