Wyvernil

Terrarian
Stopped Clock

Crafted With:

1 Fast Clock
10 Luminite Bars
10 Nebula Fragments
10 Vortex Fragments

Stops time, freezing all enemies and projectiles in place. All colors on screen change to a negative effect. Any projectiles you throw or shoot also freeze in place until the effect ends, after which they resume their normal trajectory.

Drains mana at a rate of 20/sec. The effect ends when you run out of mana or you use the Clock again.

While time is frozen, you gain the "Time Stop" debuff until time is unfrozen. You cannot use Mana Potions while the "Time Stop" debuff is active.

After time is unfrozen, you gain the "Paradox" debuff for 10 seconds. The Stopped Clock does not work while the "Paradox" debuff is active.

In multiplayer, this item does not work on other players. This item also does not work on bosses.

The "Time Stop" and "Paradox" debuffs are there to prevent indefinite spamming of the Stopped Clock through use of Mana Flower or Potions. Similar to the Rod of Discord, I can see how this item can get out of hand without some checks and balances to it.

So, what do you think?

Stopped Clock

Crafted With:

1 Fast Clock
10 Luminite Bars
10 Nebula Fragments
10 Vortex Fragments

Stops time, freezing all enemies and projectiles in place. All colors on screen change to a negative effect. Any projectiles you throw or shoot also freeze in place until the effect ends, after which they resume their normal trajectory.

Drains mana at a rate of 20/sec. The effect ends when you run out of mana or you use the Clock again.

While time is frozen, you gain the "Time Stop" debuff until time is unfrozen. You cannot use Mana Potions while the "Time Stop" debuff is active.

After time is unfrozen, you gain the "Paradox" debuff for 10 seconds. The Stopped Clock does not work while the "Paradox" debuff is active.

In multiplayer, this item does not work on other players. This item also does not work on bosses.

The "Time Stop" and "Paradox" debuffs are there to prevent indefinite spamming of the Stopped Clock through use of Mana Flower or Potions. Similar to the Rod of Discord, I can see how this item can get out of hand without some checks and balances to it.

So, what do you think?
This Is Pretty Cool! Quick Thing, Though, As Much As The Fast Clock Makes Sense, Would The Gold/Platinum Watch Be Better To Use, Seeing As It's Easier To Obtain? ( I Mean, The Rest Of The Crafting Materials Are Literally End-Game, So It'd Probably Work )

Sorry if you have already covered this, but why not make it take 10 of each fragment instead of just vortex and nebula?

This would be a great addition to terraria! It's extremely balanced not to mention if use correctly it would be devastating. (Also I would be able to beat quick man!)

I like the concept of stopping time in Terraria but even with those crafting materials, I still think it may be just a little bit too OP, especially for people with full Nebula Armour. I would like to know the sell price of this item because that is not stated.

How about instead of Stopped Clock, it could be called Lunar Dial.
Best part about this is we finally get an item that references Touhou!

Reactions: Bry
Apart from just stopping time, you should also add more versions that, for example, cause time to go backwards, speed up, or slow down, and which would be able to be obtained earlier on.

Back
Top Bottom