Suweekarts

My friends and I play using Roll20. No need for dice to screw you over with constant natural 1's when you can have a computer screw everyone up with natural 1's!

Jokes aside, the ability to generate macros and automate many things in exchange for the traditional feel of playing dnd in person sort of gives it an edge for me. Rolling hundreds of dice takes a jiffy, you literally can't lose your character sheet, your character sheet can automate most of the filling up processes, including unnecessary ones (such as placing that dex modifier on that stealth bonus), and you can generate macros that pretty much make casting spells, using abilities, and other shenanigans near instantaneous. Plus, being able to apply actual dynamic lighting, integrating invisible things, and controlling the visibility of things is pretty damn great, and that's sort of something you'd normally struggle to do traditionally.

That being said, I do crave for the old-fashioned dnd every once in a while. I do wish to hone my improv skills, but chatting via text doesn't do it justice. Also, some of my players aren't willing to do that, so it's a bummer for me. Regardless, I'm pretty content with what I have, and what my players provide to the 'table'.

Last edited:
My friends and I play using Roll20. No need for dice to screw you over with constant natural 1's when you can have a computer screw everyone up with natural 1's!

Jokes aside, the ability to generate macros and automate many things in exchange for the traditional feel of playing dnd in person sort of gives it an edge for me. Rolling hundreds of dice takes a jiffy, you literally can't lose your character sheet, your character sheet can automate most of the filling up processes, including unnecessary ones (such as placing that dex modifier on that stealth bonus), and you can generate macros that pretty much make casting spells, using abilities, and other shenanigans near instantaneous. Plus, being able to apply actual dynamic lighting, integrating invisible things, and controlling the visibility of things is pretty damn great, and that's sort of something you'd normally struggle to do traditionally.

That being said, I do crave for the old-fashioned dnd every once in a while. I do wish to hone my improv skills, but chatting via text doesn't do it justice. Also, some of my players aren't willing to do that, so it's a bummer for me. Regardless, I'm pretty content with what I have, and what my players provide to the 'table'.

CN is the best isn't it? Some could call it a hack but I see things differently. You aren't bound by the restrictions that a realm can strangle you with. It also makes campaigning against a much more difficult task. At times I forget what that was like.

It sounds like you've got a nifty setup there and are enjoying things. That's really the most important thing of all. What's the point of playing a game if it isn't fun right? I bet ya'lls games are a whoot.

Wtf i didnt even know those things are possible and i've been using roll20 for a while now... Impressive. Im not sure on the dynamic light on normal terrain (our GM just places blocks of black on stuff we're not supposed to see) but coupled with this dark cloud thing its awesome.

... Is it possible that each player is presented with his own characters view of the field, rather than a combination of everyones view in the party?

Im not sure on the dynamic light on normal terrain (our GM just places blocks of black on stuff we're not supposed to see) but coupled with this dark cloud thing its awesome.
It's a paid feature, so your GM might not have access to it.

Is it possible that each player is presented with his own characters view of the field, rather than a combination of everyones view in the party?
Yep, that's how it works; everyone sees from their own character. The GM can see everything or can opt to look through a particular person's eyes if the need should arise (checking line of sight and stuff.) Though having multiple sources of vision (familiars, animal companions, eidolons, etc.) can break things a bit.

(Hear)t(br)oken Dump because Matsu got roasted

Not my DnD characters:
Maria Heartshorn (@Matsu)
CB35ubu.png

CMY-1000 stuffs:

Left to Right: Silver Ears?, Miriam Silwette, Logo Errathil, Kuroshi Ryuuzouji, Reizei Hiroyoshi, Matsukura no Tsushiko, Dire Shibu, Father Sharp, A Shining Child, Another Shining Child, Yet Another Shining Child, Zen (who totally isn't Matthew Mercer), Crow's ?th manifestation
1aqk4pZ.png
KCuWgHb.png
UKzg0Xk.png
gl0XEVE.png
TZ2PBoT.png
qa9uz1v.png
sv6C1bs.png
kaSS54g.png
0Jiz7Hk.png
4UIaiES.png
PPhNCxu.png
lBJUD5E.png
LQlFB5Q.png

Not-my-campaign Stuffs:
Dungeons&Dragons (Someone's Bizarre Adventure), Hebe (@W1K ; The Land of Ablia), Sese (And her POWER LEVELS; The Land of Ablia), Not-Nitori (They belong only in my Discord avatar)
Lksnvko.png
xQrcRrV.png
FRqtA9u.png
HVNtpGU.png
yQFcY3Q.png
rssnSaj.png

And some bigger tokens for bigger enemies:

NinjaPirateZombieRobotJiang-Shi (Kukris as Forearms)
MMaDrxl.png

Grimoire of Phoebe
GFDwiOx.png

Last edited:
Can't tell if all those characters are getting progressively cuter or just improvements in your style make them look so.

Do you still do drawings per request?
If so would you be able to draw for me my avatar. Spectre armor but with a blindfold for a head piece.

Last edited:
I've been replaying Terraria (with mods) lately. I'm currently working with @W1K on the W1K's Mod Redux and I'm creating new and/or reworking on existing sprites.

Right now I've made a few things I'm totally not showing until it's 80% coded and then best guy:

c66fa0ec77.gif

Jeohnne Pierre is gonna be on the mod's next update so I'm pretty hypexcite

Terraria-related work here? Wow thats new

I've been replaying Terraria (with mods) lately. I'm currently working with @W1K on the W1K's Mod Redux and I'm creating new and/or reworking on existing sprites.

Right now I've made a few things I'm totally not showing until it's 80% coded and then best guy:

c66fa0ec77.gif

Jeohnne Pierre is gonna be on the mod's next update so I'm pretty hypexcite

Terraria-related work here? Wow thats new
Holy Cow

Back
Top Bottom