Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Thanks a lot for picking this up, currently enjoying a hardcore expert modified run with more bountiful chests & bonuses to player as well as more traps, I must really be careful where I land my feets xD

superb !
one thing of note though, increasing the "enchanted sword" option made the land kind of flat & uninteresting so I put that back to normal.
it's not the fault of your tool I believe. Just wanted to leave that comment in case it interested someone.

Thanks a lot for picking this up, currently enjoying a hardcore expert modified run with more bountiful chests & bonuses to player as well as more traps, I must really be careful where I land my feets xD

superb !
one thing of note though, increasing the "enchanted sword" option made the land kind of flat & uninteresting so I put that back to normal.
it's not the fault of your tool I believe. Just wanted to leave that comment in case it interested someone.

I did this with traps cranked up to max.

... that character lasted about 10 minutes.

ha there's a trick to it, be careful destroy the first trap you come accross then use a pressure plate or better a dart trap in your toolbar with a number easily accessible (so you can go in & out all the time)
that way you'll see all the little wires at the press of a button xD

that said, mine isn't maxed, that would be a chore cause it would slow yourself to a crawl while you disarm everything, even with my setting of doubled (or is it quadrupled, don't remember) there's already plenty of traps with some locations having upward of 10 traps !!

superb !
Thanks, I think the enchanted sword spawn making the world flat for you is just randomness, but I'll check it out just to be sure.

Thanks jopojelly for picking up the torch! Terraria is so much more enjoyable with tools like these.

Some requests:
- can you make it so if a world is set to spawn both Corruption and Crimson:
+ both the Corruption and the Crimson biome chests are put in the dungeon?

- could you possibly fix sky lakes usually spawning below the required height for sky fishing (by making them spawn higher, or lowering the sky layer)

- control over the amount of corruption/crimson zones in a new world

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for larger maps and settings for multiple dungeons (or just one really big, multi-colored dungeon).

edit: seems corruption&crimson worlds do get both their ores now, sweet!
You know that all 5 biome chests spawn as well when you choose that option, right?
I'm not sure about sky lakes, I'd hate to break something since that part of the code isn't very forgiving.
I'll see what I can do about corruption crimson amounts, it has been requested for a while but I haven't gotten around to it.

How does the percentage of ore interact with having both ores of one tier? For example if I have it set to generate both gold and platinum and I set the slider to 200% do I have twice as much gold and twice as much platinum or is that percentage split between both so I have as much gold as a world with gold set to 100% and as much platinum as a world with platinum set to 100%?

How does the percentage of ore interact with having both ores of one tier? For example if I have it set to generate both gold and platinum and I set the slider to 200% do I have twice as much gold and twice as much platinum or is that percentage split between both so I have as much gold as a world with gold set to 100% and as much platinum as a world with platinum set to 100%?
If you set the slider to 200% and both, it will generate 100% of gold and 100% of platinum (on average).

Hello, I am trying to use this mod but keep getting stuck on the world generation at where it says "generating hardmode ores". I've tried making a world with a few settings changed and none changed at all, and it still fails. If someone could give me some advice, I would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I am trying to use this mod but keep getting stuck on the world generation at where it says "generating hardmode ores". I've tried making a world with a few settings changed and none changed at all, and it still fails. If someone could give me some advice, I would be greatly appreciated.
Someone else mentioned that, and then their problem went away on it's own if I remember correctly. Although if it stops their it might be the OS preventing the program from saving a file to disk. Sometimes files are "blocked" by the OS when downloaded and you need to rightclick, properties, click the unblock button. Just an idea.

Is it possible to add more stuff like amount of living trees, pyramids etc.?
And Rich Mahogany living trees, it would be great! :)

Well, i really like this mod because i was using similar one for 1.1.3 and later 1.2.41. However, i can't figure out if you can actually generate both crimson and corruption altars? if so, then if you break them would both ores generate? If no, then i kindly ask you to add this feature :D. Also, can i get both the eater of the worlds and brain of ctulchu? Now i also have 2 suggestions for you. Firstly, is it possible to make worlds even bigger than the large one? if so, then it would be really cool to get bigger worlds, maybe not deeper but longer. Another idea is to do a pre-generated portal on both sides of the ocean to teleport from one end to other? I'm sure that's impossible but would be very happy if that was possible.

Question: when 1.3.1 releases, will this tool still function properly, or will you have to update it for 1.3.1?

Question: when 1.3.1 releases, will this tool still function properly, or will you have to update it for 1.3.1?
The tool will likely stop working as it requires terraria's code to work (hence why in needs to be placed in the installation folder).

The tool will likely stop working as it requires terraria's code to work (hence why in needs to be placed in the installation folder).
No, it'll work fine, it just won't generate new worlds yet. I'll update to the new generation code ASAP since there is likely to be some new stuff in world generation
from the spoilers I've seen.
Is it possible to add more stuff like amount of living trees, pyramids etc.?
And Rich Mahogany living trees, it would be great! :)
Yeah, I'm working on those but they are not as easily increased.

Well, i really like this mod because i was using similar one for 1.1.3 and later 1.2.41. However, i can't figure out if you can actually generate both crimson and corruption altars? if so, then if you break them would both ores generate? If no, then i kindly ask you to add this feature :D. Also, can i get both the eater of the worlds and brain of ctulchu? Now i also have 2 suggestions for you. Firstly, is it possible to make worlds even bigger than the large one? if so, then it would be really cool to get bigger worlds, maybe not deeper but longer. Another idea is to do a pre-generated portal on both sides of the ocean to teleport from one end to other? I'm sure that's impossible but would be very happy if that was possible.
I think it might generate both altars sometimes(with the right options), but it is purely cosmetic anyway, so it doesn't really matter. They type of altar has nothing to do with the ores that generate, what you want is impossible, you'll need to prespawn the alternate ores if you want both. Bigger than large worlds are possible but they won't load in unmodded Terraria, so I'm not sure what I want to do with that. A pregenerated teleporter would be possible, but I don't know when I'll get to that.

I can make my world have a pyramid with this?
The pyramid option greatly increases the chance of pyramid, so basically, yeah.

No, false positive. The code is 99% original Terraria, and all I add is some menus and if statements.

You can see the code here as well, but I assure you I've done nothing nefarious in the code. https://github.com/JavidPack/TerraCustom

Also, big news, PinkPlum, the creator of the original TerraCustom has messaged me and given their approval of this iteration and suggested I get rid of the unofficial designation and just go by TerraCustom, as in official, not unofficial. I'll do that.

Also, if anyone is interested in helping out, I have spent a bit of time reorganizing and cleaning up code, and it is now on Github, so if there is a feature you'd like right away and you feel programming-savvy, feel free to contribute code. I'll be happy to walk you through the specifics and help you get familiar with what code to add (Most things require only a few well-placed lines of code). The more help the better this tool can be!

All the TerraCustom code is here: https://github.com/JavidPack/TerraCustom

Back
Top Bottom