1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria 1.3.1 Now Available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One!

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by 505Games, May 6, 2019.

1. Phoenix798

Phoenix798 Skeletron Prime

A update literally came out 2 weeks ago

InstaFiz likes this.
  2. TheLavaGamer

TheLavaGamer Terrarian

so?

3. Proto Persona

Proto Persona The Destroyer

So it takes more than a couple of weeks to get a new build ready, bug tested, and then submitted to the console makers for release. You're probably looking at a couple of months before they even talk solidly about the next patch. Release of said patch probably won't happen for 3-6 months considering how big of a jump they are making this time.

InstaFiz likes this.
  4. Steelebourne

Steelebourne Terrarian

Problems with new update (I'm playing on a PS4 Pro with an SSD):

1) Items don't show anymore when trying to place them, just the grid. That means you end up placing things in the wrong spot a lot, and having to do it all over.
    2) The load times have gone from painfully slow to ungodly slow, especially when waiting for the character & world selection menus to load.
    3) Freezing during gameplay, which can only be solved by pressing the PS button to quickly exit & re-enter the game. When you do that, it teleports you far away.
    4) Freezing during world creation, also only solvable by exiting to the crossbar then re-enter.
    5) The inventory menu is STILL extremely laggy.
    6) And once again....The D-pad mapping still resets EVERY SINGLE TIME you start a game! This started when the first 1.3 update was released...How has it not been fixed after all this time?????

5. ED209

ED209 Plantera

Do you mean a patch? Or the whole of 1.3.5?

6. Proto Persona

I still have this preview showing up on my PS4 Pro. Are you certain your didn't accidently turn off item placement preview in settings?

7. TheLavaGamer

TheLavaGamer Terrarian

whole update
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 19, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 19, 2019 ---
    its been over a year since 1.3 came out?

8. Proto Persona

The last update for PS4 jumped the game to 1.3.1, and that only came out a couple of weeks or so ago.

9. TheLavaGamer

TheLavaGamer Terrarian

5 weeks or so

10. Tjdh504

Tjdh504 Terrarian

Hey sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I did post on console tech issues and haven’t got any reply yet. I was wondering if you guys are working on a fix for the glitch that shows the message “no character available for download” when I try to upload any world from the cloud. I’ve tried every suggestion I’ve seen for other people with the same problem with no results. Only reason I got the next gen version was so I could get back into my old world, so it was a bit disappointing this didn’t work. Just curious if it’s being worked on, and if so if you guys know around when it might be fixed?

11. TheLavaGamer

TheLavaGamer Terrarian

Xbox1 or PS4?

12. Tjdh504

Tjdh504 Terrarian

PS4

13. TheLavaGamer

TheLavaGamer Terrarian

ps4 and ps3 dont do that sadly

14. Tjdh504

Tjdh504 Terrarian

You mean don’t support transferring worlds?

15. ED209

ED209 Plantera

They do transfer files; I've got worlds on my PS4 from my ps3, but not vice versa.

16. Tjdh504

Tjdh504 Terrarian

Yeah, sorry if I wasn’t clear I was referring to transferring from ps3 to ps4

17. ED209

ED209 Plantera

I know, that's what I said: I've got worlds I made on PS3 that are now on my PS4.

18. Tjdh504

Tjdh504 Terrarian

Sorry wasn’t trying to correct you or anything, just wanted to clarify the problem is when I try to transfer worlds from my ps3 to ps4, oddly enough the character transfer works fine though.

19. Steelebourne

Steelebourne Terrarian

Looks like the so-called new "update" reset a bunch of my settings. That's one less headache, thanks!