Console Terraria Console Holiday 2015 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those pirate maps can be helpful for trying to get key mo!ds if you still need to get them, I was working on a frost key mold when someone dug a hellavaor in my ocean

Speaking of wasted hours, when I had first made my snow biome, I didn't know I didn't have enough snow, and sat there for hours waiting for a mold that could never possibly appear

Now to figure out how to solo frost moon past wave 16...

Because mathematically, you need to kill around 150 ice queens at wave 15 to have a 50% chance of getting the reindeer bells

Last edited:
Those pirate maps can be helpful for trying to get key mo!ds if you still need to get them, I was working on a frost key mold when someone dug a hellavaor in my ocean

Speaking of wasted hours, when I had first made my snow biome, I didn't know I didn't have enough snow, and sat there for hours waiting for a mold that could never possibly appear

Now to figure out how to solo frost moon past wave 16...

Because mathematically, you need to kill around 150 ice queens at wave 15 to have a 50% chance of getting the reindeer bells
I've been working on the very same problem. That's why I needed a coin gun. I sure hope reindeer bells are actually in the game.

As for the key molds, I used a special method myself to get all of those. I constructed myself some turtle armor, and build a spawn in the biome of my choice. Then I gathered up a bunch of meteorite and placed it around my spawn. Then just sat there as tons of meteor heads came crashing into me, getting themselves killed by my armor effect in the process. Then I just left as science took it's course.

Hope I solved at least one of your problems.

Wow I was sure that the meteor heads no longer dropped key molds. I wonder when well bhe waye getting that change, yeah but those bells dang they take a lot of grinding. I was making it to wave 16 using 1 raven and a razorpine with spectre armor ( heals soon magic damage) and have been able to get as far without dying, so I'm hoping fishron items will give me an edge.

The updates lists 1.2.3 as meteor heads not dropping loot once in hardmode, but I'm not sure if this has been changed in console

Last edited:
I got my Razorblade Typhoon. It's best to build an asphalt arena for Duke Fishron. if you can run fast enough he won't be able to keep up with you and you'll win. especially if you're running a mage setup.

I did what ignis installing about to grind just remember to have a good set of wings because those sharknado can tear up a mage very fast. My first fight with duke I killed him but just after I did a sharknado killed me. He dropped the flairon and duke fishron mask

something you could do is make a statue farm with an open top high enough to where mobs won't get out and place the crimson or Nimbus Rod's clouds right over the opening...free health right there. also you could use heart and mana statues being activated by button press OR timers. This will help you maintain a steady rate of regeneration.

As far as minecarts it would've been cool to make different types like a Pumpkin Minecart or something but it's cool. I know the feature will come sooner or later.

Good call, making sure you have all of the bugs (that people don't want) fixed. :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1451236558,1451236244][/DOUBLEPOST]I Yoloed it, and I won :D. Got the flairon too, so when ever I fight anything it gets destroyed. I've gone insane with power!!! :pumpking:
[DOUBLEPOST=1451236761][/DOUBLEPOST]I've gotten nearly every weapon, now i just need that dam trophy! :mad:

Wow I was sure that the meteor heads no longer dropped key molds. I wonder when well bhe waye getting that change, yeah but those bells dang they take a lot of grinding. I was making it to wave 16 using 1 raven and a razorpine with spectre armor ( heals soon magic damage) and have been able to get as far without dying, so I'm hoping fishron items will give me an edge.

The updates lists 1.2.3 as meteor heads not dropping loot once in hardmode, but I'm not sure if this has been changed in console
You can easily afk farm key molds from multiple biomes at once.

Just bring blocks from all the biomes you need to the ocean, and create squares (about a 100 blocks each). Separate the with a single glass block to avoid crimson/corruption/hallow spreads. Then create a spear trap(2) 15-25 spears) on a 1 second timer just above the water. Put wood platforms in rows under water to catch loot and water candles to increase spawn rate. Then just above the spear traps create a U Shaped block area that can be filled with honey. Turn on the trap, stand in the honey to make enemies go Agro, viola! Within two Terraria day cycles you can have multiple molds for every biome.

Hope this helps! Message me if you have any questions :)

Hey guys, holidays have been uber busy so I haven't kept up with y'all but I'll do my best to address your questions and issues. Firstly if you're having a bug issue please post about it here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-console-bugs-issues-status.38291/
This will be the primary discussion thread for all bugs and issues on the Sony and Xbox platforms. (3DS go here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3ds-known-issues.37772/) Please do a quick search in the thread to try and make sure you're not just repeating someone else's commentary, feel free to state that you suffer from the same issues though.
Any news for Terraria: XBOX One Edition being free to those who already own Terraria: XBOX 360 Edition?
As I understand it, that will not be happening. They ported Terraria to X1 before backwards compatibility was implemented.

The 1.2.4 update is full of glitches:
-can't use the second timer
-can't spawn the golem
-if you use the magic mirror and then quickly use the fishing rod with out bait
What platform were you playing on? Golem now requires Plantera to be defeated in that world before he can be summoned. Plantera bulbs now require all 3 mechs to be defeated before they will start spawning.

NEW BUG Gemspark blocks dont emit light but they do when you put a light source next to them
Odd occasion king slime wont spawn after the use of the boss summoner
Bait does not go in your ammo slot like it does on pc
360 VERSION
Have you tried wiring them and flipping a switch? It could be that they're bugged to default in their deactivated state.

King Slime sometimes gets stuck underground. Is the summoning item being consumed?

Bait going into the ammo slot was introduced in the 1.3 update. Consoles have not been updated that far yet.

Currently infuriated because there is no spider-related armor in the game even though it was introduced in this update, come on, really? also, no console exclusive items with this update, really? don't get me wrong, im glad the update is here, but seriously, they could have gone the little extra distance and put in what is SUPPOSED to be there by this update.
There is a list of content that will not be brought to console versions until Q1 (Jan-Mar) of next year. It is in the spoiler at the bottom of the opening post in this thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-and-mobile-updates-eta.37123/

I signed up here just to report the "crashing while saving/auto-saving" bug on the Vita version of the game.

Honestly, this is sloppy work. How come a major glitch like this does not get fixed after 6 months of waiting and 2 updates? It's either you're ignoring this glitch, or you just don't know what's causing it. And I doubt it's the latter.

Please release a seperate patch fixing this issue, because it is INCREDIBLY frustrating.
It's actually been stated several times that Engine is experiencing difficulty recreating the bug. It would make no sense for them to ignore such a major issue if they'd found the cause. But if they can't replicate it then they can't diagnose the problem and fix it.

Another possible bug. Full turtle armor, max gold hearts, and all possible def boosting items and still a one hit death from skeleton prime's spinning head attack. I used to had him beat within 2 mins with just chlorphite armor, ammo and megashark without losing too much health
Likely glitching the Skeletron Prime's spin attack for Dungeon Guardian. I'd file a report and bring it up in the discussion thread. Links to both are in my signature.

So i was playing on psvita for 3 hours without get crash ( saving the game every 10 minutes ),farming truffle worms n duke fishron then my screen freeze when i tried to check the map ( stuck in the load map screen ) i was still able to move on icons but the load map was stuck.I restarted the game closing it,loading my main world and it being corrupted :/ i get error when the load screen say "loading data world" XD fortunally i saved it on cloud and i didn t lose it,i think that this thing is a part of that random crash.Please help us pleasee;(
I am on the Xbox 360 version and also having the same problem with the palm trees growing. I planted some in the ocean biome and a desert biome and went away to build a home for the dryad out of a living wood tree. Checked both spots a few hours later when I was done and nothing has grown.

Also, has anyone on the console (xbox 360 version) found any shiverthorn yet because I haven't.
Hay un ERROR GRAVE en PS4.
No se puede jugar en pantalla dividida (2-3-4 jugadores) el juego se crashea cuando uno de los personajes quiere salir. Pasa siempre. Me fije varias veces.
Bug: Xbox 360
Lava sound effect in hell continues to loop after using the magic mirror
Shreked the duke! Score is 1 to 3.
Also a bug has been found in xbox360, bone key dosnt summon baby skeletron. I worked so hard for it too! :mad:
I love the new update. Just a couple of problems. I was streaming today and I was grinding on Duke fishron with viewers and then 2 Duke Fishrons spawn! Another glitch is one with the truffle worms. I was building my house and I was filling the walls and then out of no where everytime I placed a grey brick wall and then truffle worms spawn! I think it is very annoying and it should be fixed quick please.
So something strange happened to me today... I was making lavafall blocks to turn into walls to put up into my Wizard's room, so I went down to the cavern, and started crafting the blocks from a lava pool close by my Hellevator. After I was finished, I went back to work on my house, but I left the Crystal Ball next to the lava pool (In case I wanted more blocks, and because I'm lazy...) So a couple days passed before I needed to use my Hellevator again... And when that time finally came, I dropped down into my Hellevator, only to find the entire shaft, as well as the immediate area around it, filled completely with lava. I have no idea how it got there, as I didn't alter anything that hasn't been there since I made the world back in 1.21. Luckily I had my Lava Waders on.
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows how this could have happened? Bug, or does the Crystal Ball have magical duplicating abilities? I looked on the Wiki, but have seen no such thing.
Edit: PS4 version, by the way.
PS4 Versio. Splitscreen is crashed
damm thats some bug
[DOUBLEPOST=1450818243,1450817956][/DOUBLEPOST]I got the tarter sauce when fishing on one day and then the next it didn't work I gave to one of my sibs and it worked but i did not get it back to see if it would work again
I had the same problem with the bone key to. what i did was to put it in a chest and grab another summon IE the "cursed Sapling". and summon it, when he pops up. go get the bone key out of the chest and summon it. it work for me any how. (Xbox 360)

And i've found a truffle worm. LOL
[DOUBLEPOST=1450830029,1450829687][/DOUBLEPOST]
i had the same problem. i had some poations that was stack higher then 999. so i took them out and cast the line. it seem to fix it. any items that are higher stack then they should be may be glitching it. take them out and cast your rod.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...h-the-fishing-mechanis-rod.38107/#post-839469
What I know about the crashing is that it most likely isn't related to character items, world size and a few other mundane things.
Is it possible that it's related to tile entity data? My pre-1.2 vita world crashed only a few times compared to my post-1.2.3 worlds. So it could be possible that a tile type causes the vita to go into ogreload when saving?
It's worth noting that in one of my post-1.2 worlds where I stripped it completely bare, the crashing was rare. Could some of the newer tiles be bugged?
That's part of the frustration here. I've read a lot of posts from people complaining about the crash bug, and these go back to June. There's not a whole lot of "yep, we're working on this, and this is what we're thinking/ways to possibly avoid this" back - it makes it seem a problem that they don't care about.

I do administer a grain of salt - people in general are going to be far more outspoken with negative experiences than with positive ones - I just wanted to highlight my own experience - the TL;DR of which is it seems worse, not better.

I did submit a ticket with them, and will happily give them any and all feedback. Any way I can help, I'd be delighted.
If you use the tempest staff while a sharknado is locked into an enemy, you shoot a shark at the enemy it is locked on to and lose the mana cost for summoning the sharknado, sorry if this has been mentioned.
Gathered all fishron drops and all seem bug free apart from fishron wings and flairon.

Wings have very little forward momentum when flying and flairon makes the characters movement glitch slightly when holding down the attack button.

Xbox 360
505 and Engine aren't miracle workers, so it would be absolutely amazing if all of you could report your bugs via support tickets at http://support.505games.com/ if you haven't already. As well as post here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-console-bugs-issues-status.38291/unread

View attachment 88588
*The update is now live on Xbox systems!!*

Hello Terrarians!

We are happy to announce that update has been approved on the Sony consoles (PS3, PS4, and Vita) and the update will start to roll out today! For PS4, if you are a European user, you should have the update already and US players can expect it in the next few hours.

PS3 and Vita should arrive as the system allows/releases them over the next ~48 hours.

Microsoft users (Xbox 360 and Xbox One) we haven't forgotten about you! The update is at the end of the submission process with a couple of last minute touches pending. We hope to have some good news for you soon!
What version would that make terraria Ps4?

I got my Razorblade Typhoon. It's best to build an asphalt arena for Duke Fishron. if you can run fast enough he won't be able to keep up with you and you'll win. especially if you're running a mage setup.
ii used "razorpine, Spectre armour, and Mana flower with magic cuffs" and ran like the wind lol
[DOUBLEPOST=1451259994,1451259671][/DOUBLEPOST]
Shreked the duke! Score is 1 to 3.
Also a bug has been found in xbox360, bone key dosnt summon baby skeletron. I worked so hard for it too! :mad:
I had the same problem with the bone key to. what i did was to put it in a chest and grab another summon IE the "cursed Sapling". and summon it, when he pops up. go get the bone key out of the chest and summon it. it work for me any how. (Xbox 360)

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...holiday-2015-update.37789/page-30#post-842458
[DOUBLEPOST=1451260090][/DOUBLEPOST]got the Scaly Truffle to.

anyone got the Fishron Wings yet??(360)
[DOUBLEPOST=1451260194][/DOUBLEPOST]got the Scaly Truffle to.

anyone got the Fishron Wings yet??(360)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom