Console Terraria Console Holiday 2015 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The update is very nice and has many good features added in it, some favourites being the new stack limit for platinum coins, Duke Fishron, and fishing in general. I do have yet to see a solution to the most annoying problems on Console as of now.

Problem 1: the Blizzard Staff still is limited in range.
This is a problem for anyone who- like me- farm fast bosses like the Dungeon Guardian. It requires a dangerously close proximity to him to be effective.

Problem 2: The only Console exclusive thing (only console, no PC or mobile version) is a mediocre vanity set.
This is wound is salted more when Mobile gets Frost Moon while we sit here with our Horned God vanity set locked away never to be worn by most players. It is a nice set I shall admit, but Mobile has 2 extra bosses and many exclusive pets and weapons, and PC gets early access to many features. Console should have one major thing that is different. Maybe a boss or some weapons and armour? Even a biome? Anything besides a SINGLE vanity set.
You do realize that Mobile has those exclusives because they're missing things like watches, gps, and depth meter. Not to mention MUCH smaller worlds. How is mobile having Frost Moon (console had it first) salt in the wound exactly?

The Google translation:
I am a China game player, hoping to join the multi language selection in the PSV version, so I can choose Chinese (my mother tongue) game. I want to play a game with the dictionary now.
I am your loyal fans!

Im brazilian and i would make a requeste to the developers of the game. I really want the terraria for XBOX have in this next update the PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE. PLEASE, I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR THAT.
please, please;(;(:(

Some content was delayed and should be released in the next month, you can see that list in the spoiler at the bottom of the original post http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-and-mobile-updates-eta.37123/
You got a lot more than fishing, the only mounts that are missing are the Bee mount and Slime. Here's the changelog for the last update. http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-holiday-update-changelog.40687/
As you can see, it's MUCH longer than the list of missing content.
i think this is a bug everytime when i kill duke fishron all it gives me is Flairons,bubble gun,and razor typhoon but no bow or summoner weapon is it in the game or in working progress or its just a rare drop

This should be in the game, duke fishron will always give one of his five drops when killed. The wings and trophy drops are done separately.

i think this is a bug everytime when i kill duke fishron all it gives me is Flairons,bubble gun,and razor typhoon but no bow or summoner weapon is it in the game or in working progress or its just a rare drop
They're in the game but it's always random which one you get. Sometimes you have bad luck.

They're in the game but it's always random which one you get. Sometimes you have bad luck.
Oh i killed 7 dukes and all i got was flairons not even a tempest staff nor a Bow but thanks
[DOUBLEPOST=1456865970,1456865627][/DOUBLEPOST]also there's a bug where you cant use weapons while your own a mount.

We consider the 3DS to be a console device - its sole purpose is to play games. Mobile devices such as phones and tablets are multipurpose devices that can play games.

However, the 3DS hardware isn't beefy enough to handle the console codebase, so Codeglue was assigned to do the 3DS development using a modified mobile codebase. It has features from the mobile versions (like the exclusive mobs and items), but also has additional features not found in the mobile versions.

For the purpose of forum organization, we consider both the 3DS and the PS Vita to be consoles, not mobile devices.

Oh i killed 7 dukes and all i got was flairons not even a tempest staff nor a Bow but thanks
[DOUBLEPOST=1456865970,1456865627][/DOUBLEPOST]also there's a bug where you cant use weapons while your own a mount.
That's not a bug really. Using weapons and tools while mounted didn't happen until 1.3 on PC.

I hope in the next update they fix weapon drop chances like the axe and the slime staff so I dont have to spend 2 days trying to get the axe which I still haven't gotten

You do realize that Mobile has those exclusives because they're missing things like watches, gps, and depth meter. Not to mention MUCH smaller worlds. How is mobile having Frost Moon (console had it first) salt in the wound exactly?
While Mobile is limited in size and in some items they still do have most of the items and have many exclusive items as well. They have arrows that can immobilise and kill the Dungeon Guardian. Not to mention that they also have 2 exclusive bosses and have recently gotten the Frost Moon added. Console literally only has a vanity set for its own exclusive content. At least a weapon would be useful at some point or maybe some armour.

It salts the wound in that now we have literally no expirence to call our own on Console excluding that ONE vanity set. We used to be able to say how we could kill Ocram whilst using a Blizzard staff with its terrible range or with the Snowman Cannon, and when we lost that we could have at least gotten a new Console weapon. They deserve the Frost Moon, but we deserve our own boss or actually useful item to call ours and ours alone.
No one can deny that the Blizzard staff's console reach is terrible. It is a serious problem. When 1.3 eventually hits the marketplaces for the Console version, then we will have the Lunar Flare item drop from the Moon Lord. Assuming that, due to being almost identical in control style to the Blizzard Staff, then it too will be limited in range. On PC it is known for its damage and high rate of fire along with the ability to pass through ceilings from far away. We would be missing out on the best feature of the weapon due to a possibly corrected mistake. That is why the Blizzard Staff should have its range in creased to the whole screen. (Also it would be godsend for the events).

Last edited:
Console may not have seasonal content like that turkey boss or Lepus but when it comes to worlds it's bigger and better. I don't like the controls on mobile. The 3DS version has even more than the mobile version as they have the Zapinator now and I'm not sure what else but the controls are boss. By the way the range of the Blizzard staff actually is the same if you use manual cursor. It justlacks the accuracy of a mouse and keyboard

Last edited:
%-_-well its almost the end of the 1st quarter of the year and still haven't seen the new update for xbox one or playstation 4. Please don't do what you did last year and postpone the update to later of the year.%-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom