This joke is unavailable...Guess ya people will switch to the Switch version of Terraria, huh?
Anyways... Great news hearing that Terraria Switch is gonna come out! This year has been a great bundle of joy for Terrarians, I guess... (E3 - Journey's End and now this!)
Since I see the pricing stuff that tends to come up (PC is $10, <insert console> is more), I'll say what I always do:
- Pricing on consoles is not like it is on, say, Steam... where you can just list a price that you want
- Pricing on consoles is most often done in a "analog" format (what are similar games priced on the same platform) - for Terraria, this is almost always seen to be Minecraft
- Re-Logic has purposely not followed the model of slowly raising the price on PC (as MC did), creating a price discrepancy for Terraria vs MC on PC.
Take all of that together and you get the end result:
- Terraria priced to parity with MC ($29.99)
- However, RL is forcing the price on PC to not match MC... and that creates a discrepancy between Terraria PC and Terraria on any console as much as it does with MC on PC.
- Terraria is a tremendous value - even at $30. Even at more, if you think about it. When you look at the sheer amount of content, gameplay, and hours people pour in... its a good value regardless. Just because we at Re-Logic choose to keep the PC price at such a low point doesn't change that calculation taken on its own.
Hope that helps at least a bit. I know this comes up nearly every time a console version comes out... and I totally get the issue on the face, but when you dive a layer deeper, its a bit more understandable.
Please be FREE PipeworksYES ! EYS YES Q8WEFUIWE4HFW4UIGHWHGUIWR YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! I LOVE YOU, DEV TEAM ! I LOVE YOU, PIPEWORK ! I LOVE YOU RELOGIC ! I LOVE EVERYONE ON THIS D*** FORUMS !!!!!!! THJANKS OYU OMGOMG
Still not on the Eshop for pre-order though...
I have a question though. Is the online gonna require Nintendo Online or will it be free ?
If you mean like 1.3.1 then no. They will come out a little bit laterAwesome! Follow up - Do we know currently if it will be updated to more modern versions of 1.3 or not?