1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. ThatRandomBuilderGuy

ThatRandomBuilderGuy Eye of Cthulhu

EEEEEEEE it’s finally here!! SO MUVH HYPE.
    Question: what update will it start on? 1.3? 1.2?

Quackinton likes this.
  2. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

Either 1.3.0.8 or 1.3.1.

Quackinton and Bjorn like this.
  3. NetoJON

NetoJON Terrarian

Will it be a midnight release?

Quackinton likes this.
  4. Acetheboss

Acetheboss Plantera

I hope so, but if it is, what time zone will it be?

Quackinton likes this.
  5. The Steampunk

The Steampunk Eye of Cthulhu

HYPE FOR SWITCH PLAYERS!!! ADDING ANOTHER PLATFORM TO THE PIPEWORKS FAMILY!!!

Quackinton and Acetheboss like this.
  6. cthulhu fhtagn

cthulhu fhtagn Spazmatism

I guess I missed it in the AMA but will there be a way to make adventure maps and share them?

Quackinton likes this.
  7. kennynapalm

kennynapalm Terrarian

Hey all,

Commence hype! Previous PC player here, hoping for a great Switch release. Can anyone shed light on how the multiplayer servers will work? Is it Minecraft style where you're stuck on a predefined set of servers, or will one Switch host it, or can a PC host the server for connecting to when the 'switch host' isn't online?

Thanks!

Quackinton likes this.
  8. Acetheboss

Acetheboss Plantera

They will almost certainly not be compatible with other versions, especially PC, due to them being different versions. Multiplayer servers between consoles (switch only), could be a possibility, but would probably be limited to the friends list of your nintendo account. I doubt that there would be any large servers like Pedguin's for the switch, at least at launch.

Quackinton likes this.
  9. NetoJON

NetoJON Terrarian

In today’s ama they said that we shouldn't wait awake for the release, so it wont be a midnight release :.(

10. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Skeletron

Ah, don’t be bummed! At least the port will finally come to life at long last! ~:)

Bjorn likes this.
  11. KairosDivi

KairosDivi Terrarian

Did the AMA talk about physical release date more? I'm wondering how much longer it'll take to get the physical copies out, and how long I'll have to wait if I wanna go physical. Would be nice to have a window

12. max21704

max21704 Terrarian

Anyone have any guess to when this may come available in physical form?? Like a month later?? or less then that??

L0ST5ILVER likes this.
  13. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Skeletron

I believe that physical copies are being sold tomorrow, with Walmart having copies available to pre-order! Hopefully this helped! ~:)

14. max21704

max21704 Terrarian

Okay thanks!! I saw pictures, but I just guessed that inside the case would just be a code to order it on e-shop.

15. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Skeletron

Oh, wait, I’m sorry to misdirect you, but I just found out that digital copies will be available first, and physical copies will come at a later, unknown date. Sorry about that! ~:p

16. max21704

max21704 Terrarian

Oh that's okay. Hopefully I have the patience to wait a little longer to get a hold of a physical copy.:sigh:

The Real Bryan likes this.
  17. Stonetribe

Stonetribe Terrarian

Woohoo!! Terraria on Switch!! I just have 2 questions, the first of which is probably dumb.

Will it support local multiplayer for up to four people? I'm not at all familiar with any of the console versions.

Do you think that it will be possible/practical to play with a Wii U GameCube controller and adapter?

18. Alpha The Wolf

Alpha The Wolf Terrarian

what version its it releasing?

19. Acetheboss

Acetheboss Plantera

most likely 1.3.1

20. Quackinton

Quackinton Skeletron

Hello, I’m new to the forum. How to you change your “sub name” under your username. Like, I have “Terrarian” I’m just curious.