tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Bug Report:
Dunno what it is but it triggers when using gem spells (thorium) with charge attack.

Loadout:
Overhaul
Thorium
Antiaris
Cosmetic Variety
WeaponOut
Fargo's
AlcNPC
HelpfulNPC
Magic Storage
BossHPBar
BossCheckList
AutoTrash
NoFlare
WingSlot
HelpfulHotkeys
Code:
Silently Caught Exception: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: value   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Pitch(Single value)   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Pitch(Single value)
   at Terraria.Main.PlaySound(Int32 type, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 Style, Single volumeScale, Single pitchOffset)
   at TerrariaOverhaul.MethodSwapping.Main_PlaySound(Int32 type, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 Style, Single volumeScale, Single pitchOffset)
   at TerrariaOverhaul.MagicWeapon.Shoot(Boolean powerShot, Boolean alwaysSingle, Boolean fireExtra) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\ItemExtensions\MagicWeapon.cs:line 143
   at TerrariaOverhaul.MagicWeapon.Update() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\ItemExtensions\MagicWeapon.cs:line 92
   at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulPlayer.PreUpdate() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulPlayer.cs:line 1839
   at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PreUpdate(Player player)
   at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
   at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Also, something about player pos and tiles not being recognized but I can't seem to find it in my log.txt

Also, I dunno if it's weapon out, but when using the modded gem spells, the static "held" item doesn't move and the "in use" item appears, so it kinda just stacks onto each other.

Last edited:
Would base terraria guides, still apply for the Terraria overhaul, or are there guides made with the Overhaul in mind, been a while since i played vanilla terraria, or terraria in general really, and have recently started replaying it, so am looking up things to help.

Would base terraria guides, still apply for the Terraria overhaul, or are there guides made with the Overhaul in mind, been a while since i played vanilla terraria, or terraria in general really, and have recently started replaying it, so am looking up things to help.
Not using wood for the outlines and making it floodproof works for me so far:) Be careful with the impstaff:sigh:

Not using wood for the outlines and making it floodproof works for me so far:) Be careful with the impstaff:sigh:

Yeah...

I have learned to be careful with base creation...

had a house with a cactus background and stone for the structure, got hit by lightning, cactus and everything inside the house burned, by the way this was in a forest biome during a snow storm...

Yeah...

I have learned to be careful with base creation...

had a house with a cactus background and stone for the structure, got hit by lightning, cactus and everything inside the house burned, by the way this was in a forest biome during a snow storm...
Oh yeah i forgot to mention the lightningrod:rolleyes: Some iron/lead to guide, can`t remember the recipe but it`s cheap and easy to get the materials for it:happy:

Could you make the seasons into a separate mod? Would love to have the different seasons in modded playthroughs but I can't ever run Overhaul with any other mod, it crashes every time.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd another issue, now with multiplayer. Overhaul has some issues with it, that first makes the multiplayer world lag insanely, tiles specifically, but not mobs.
After that right on exit it crashes, both the client and the dedicated server. But if the server doesnt crash it reloads the mods and automatically turns Overhaul off.
I had the logs, but they were replaced with another session, and right now when i tried getting it to crash again nothing wrong happened for some reason.

Though how it worked is the world is okay for a bit, and after some time the stuff above happens. I wonder what causes that.
[doublepost=1533046951,1533046750][/doublepost]Whoops, now it did.

Silently Caught Exception: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:7777 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPAddress address, Int32 port)
at Terraria.Net.Sockets.TcpSocket.Terraria.Net.Sockets.ISocket.Connect(RemoteAddress address)
at Terraria.Netplay.TcpClientLoop(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Silently Caught Exception: The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets. at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.GetStream() at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.GetStream()
at Terraria.Net.Sockets.TcpSocket.SendCallback(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

These two are just repeating themselves.

Really frustrating error is occurring within the Crimson biome. On my server, whenever any one destroys a "CrimsonMuscle" (Flesh Tendons), it will instantly crash the majority of the players on the server, with the exception of the host timing out several minutes later.

With the lack of an actual error, I am unable to thoroughly track down the bug, however, the console provides some interesting information.
Console Snippet as follows :

[Seasons.cs, line 385] Couldn't parse string "bg" to uint // mis-spelling of unit?
[Seasons.cs, line 338] Tile Tiles__5__4 does not exist
[Seasons.cs, line 338] Tile CrimsonMuscle does not exist
[Seasons.cs, line 364] Modded tree textures should be loaded as custom textures. Put it in "Custom" folder instead.
[Seasons.cs, line 364] Modded tree textures should be loaded as custom textures. Put it in "Custom" folder instead.
[Seasons.cs, line 385] Couldn't parse string "0 - Copy" to uint // Either 0 or O, also mis-spelling of unit?
[Seasons.cs, line 385] Couldn't parse string "bg" to uint // mis-spelling of unit?

__
Mods installed :
tModLoader
TerrariaOverhaul || Gore limit set to 50, Item Overhaul disabled, Durability disabled,
Experience and Classes

I'm having a problem with my world getting corrupted with the error message "Load failed! No backup found" after using this mod. I've built a world with a few mods installed (Reduced grinding v4.31, cheat sheet v0.4.3.1, Hero's mod v0.2.1.1 and recipe browser v0.6.1.7). However, when I enable the overhaul mod it will corrupt my world save after exiting it. Thankfully I made a manual backup. I could then see the world is consistently corrupted whenever I exit it with overhaul enabled. I've tested some of my other worlds and a cleanly created one and haven't been able to replicate the problem on those.

(This is the world file before it gets corrupted)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1719aKIgzasentt0CTHtUva2DbdN7XH7f

Edit:
After doing some testing and editing the world I've found out that the item frames seemed to corrupt the world save, however it would only happen when I had the overhaul mod installed. After removing all item frames in my world save, it would stop getting corrupted. I haven't been able to replicate the bug by placing item frames in a clean world save and it might just have something to do with my world specifically.

Last edited:
Jester arrows dont seem to penetrate enemies anymore, is it caused by this mod or is it a new terraria update which changed it?

PS: I was using them with a bow from Thorium, maybe it was that, idk

After playing this mod about through easymode on expert, I can safely say that this mod has quite a few things that I don't really like much. I'll try and outline why I can't really get myself to like this mod all that much despite many cool things it adds.

First of all, let's talk about what I did like:

I like how the seasons mix up your game quite nicely and allow you to mix up the environment a little instead of it staying the same all year.

Weather is also quite nice, since it gives you something like mini-events to do things in, even if I found it rather excessive when I saw wind speeds in excess of 800 mph.

Charging shots with bows is also quite nice, although not doing so seems a bit too punishing. Since uncharged shots barely deal any damage at all, it's either go for a full charge or don't bother. At least the damage was increased to compensate the slower rate of fire.

Bosses were quite fun weith their changed sounds, animations and especially their death.

The whips were quite fun to use, athough I do have to say that being able to craft them into their flail variant without cost pretty much means free reforging, since a new modifier is added with each time you recraft it. Maybe make it cost a few appropriate bars to do so.

The new gun sounds are quite satisfying and make them feel powerful.

The enemy weaknesses are also a nice little touch.

More stars dropping from the sky was also nice, since you can actually use the Star Cannon instead of it being a 99.9% gimmick weapon that you simply won't have the ammo for.

Invulnerability from enemies that you damaged was also something you can appreciate if you're trying to kill enemies melee.

Aimed melee combat was a very nice change of pace as well.

Additional damage for melee based on movement speed also allows for the combat to have more strategy than "stand still and whack things until they're dead".

Additions to the atmosphere like ambient sounds were also pretty refreshing.

Spawning meteors after the EoW is killed. It would have also been nice if the pre-HM ore armors were also made cheaper to craft so that they are more obtainable early on, though.

What I don't like:

Fire. That seems to be a central focus of this mod for some strange reason. I didn't even bother turning fire on at all because I didn't quite feel like not being allowed to build anything of wood just because a wrongly placed torch, a lightning strike or any fire-based weapon like a bow with a flaming arrow would set it on fire and potentially destroy the entire base and/or kill me and many NPCs. And what benefit is there to it? Getting charcoal from burned trees so you don't have to deal with the tripled gel price for torches? No thanks. I'd rather use triple the gel for torches than having to deal with fire.

Being on fire. I could deal with the debuff making you run if the debuff was more avoidable, but since any enemy that is lit on fire afflicts you with it if it touches you, using any weapon that causes flames becomes a massive pain even without the possibility of burning your base down... especially looking at the imp staff here, but trying to use flaming arrows early in the game is a massive no thanks to this... and just imagine trying to use the Fiery Greatsword with that in mind... The fact that you'll have some description of a heat buff that usually increases the length of this debuff only on the player makes it even more of a pain, since you can't even use the hot seasons for more effective heat or the cold seasons for more effective cold debuffs on enemies.

Bees. If the tiny bees had any point besides getting you poisoned whenever you destroy a bit of grass, it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't see what the point of having bees spawn everywhere from grass is. I can easily avoid the bee hives in summer, but I can't avoid destroying grass, especially not if I want to farm bait for fishing where those bees will constantly destroy any bait that spawns.
The large bees aren't a big deal, but they lack any sort of drop. Some coins or a small chance to get a stinger from the big ones would already go a long way to making them not feel entirely pointless.

Aimed melee and charge attacks on tools. I use tools to mine things and the fact that my pickaxe can hit some bat that tries to pester me while mining or destroy that annoying imp's firebolt was always a massive benefit.

Dropping from ropes with melee attacks. That really shouldn't happen and can be extremely annoying when you're trying to fight off a bat on the rope.

Conductive blocks. When lightning strikes any metallic block it conducts the electricity and activates wiring, which is just another unnecessary restriction on building materials in my eyes.

Knockback and melee on minecarts. Using melee in a minecart will accelerate you in the direction you swing and enemies can knock you back as well. I could deal with the knockback, but not being able to use melee properly in a minecart is pretty annoying.

A personal pet peeve for me was also the evaporation of water in summer, since I really don't like seeing my fishing ponds start to disappear in front of my eyes.

Weapon changes I didn't like:
The changed Onyx Blaster seems like a fun weapon, but why did you need to remove a perfectly fine vanilla weapon in order to add it to the game? In the very least, it could work like the fail<->whip situation where you can craft one into the other.
The Musket feels way too weak now with the nerfed damage and accuracy and the extremely long reload on top.
The Hellwing bow, while not weak, is lacking its penetration now.
The Starfury/Star Wrath don't rain stars any more and the stars they do shoot are pathetically weak compared to the damage of the raining stars.
All projectile swords had their projectile damage nerfed to about 2/3 of what it's normal damage should be, so melee is basically even worse against most bosses than it was before, since your ranged attacks will deal little more than half damage in most cases.

Changed ammo. Jester Arrows and Unholy Arrows no longer penetrate enemies and I wonder why that needed to happen. It makes both of those arrows pretty much entirely pointless, since they're effectively just slightly stronger wooden arrows now. Flaming Arrows lighting combustible blocks on fire and potentially burning the player as well also narrows your choices down quite a bit. In the end you're basically just using Wooden Arrows, Frostburn Arrows, which luckily don't burn the player, or Hellfire arrows. So until you go to hell, you're pretty much limited to a measly two actual choices here.
Meteorite shots no longer penetrate, which is good for shotguns of course, but bad when you need the penetration.
Honestly, do you have something against ranged weapons being able to penetrate multiple enemies before HM? Because thanks to the mod's changes, none of them seem to do any penetration any more aside from the Star Cannon.

The game is... AWESOME NOW! I love it Mirsario -nothing from discord
[doublepost=1533214538,1533214446][/doublepost]I HAVE A OVERPOWERED WAEPON CAUSE ITS A DEATH SICKLE HAHA
xd

Before the April fools update I used to be able to play terraria overhaul with all the mods the I had (major mods being thorium, calamity, spirit mod etc) but after the April fools update I’m no longer able to play overhaul with other mods. My game would say my world is corrupt or the game would just freeze and crash.

When playing multiplayer with a friend of mine, most crimson ligaments turn invisible and indestructible, this made walking around crimson caves a complete pain.

EDIT: We also kept getting error messages when in game, especially when exploring underground.

The error reads:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Terraria.Modloader.Tileloader.CheckmodTile(int32 1, int32 j, int32 type) (see Logs.txt for full trace)

I tried looking in the Logs.txt file but I found nothing.

Last edited:
Before the April fools update I used to be able to play terraria overhaul with all the mods the I had (major mods being thorium, calamity, spirit mod etc) but after the April fools update I’m no longer able to play overhaul with other mods. My game would say my world is corrupt or the game would just freeze and crash.

Major mods do updates and they increase even more RAM usage by Terraria. For now i have to say you should use no more than 2 extra big mods at same time with Terraria Overhaul until tmodloader fixes its huge ram usage.

For example i'm using Thorium and since its latest update i had to turn off Spirit Mod just to be able to play Terraria so problem wasn't from Overhaul, but because Thorium mod got even bigger (ram usage) and i couldn't play anymore with additional big mod.
I suggest for you to use max. 2 mods like Thorium + Tremor and rest only small mods like GRealms etc.

What problems would there be for not using the right tmodloader version for this mod?

I ask as most of my mods use slightly outdated versions and the like.

Back
Top Bottom