Attachments

• Instructions-README.txt
    320 bytes · Views: 29
  • Player-SwapWORLD.wld
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
  • Player-Swap.plr
    3.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Those pies are really good, thanks for getting em.
The map might not be 100% accurate, as the last guy didn't include a map file so i had to use day 7 instead
I made a few more houses, goblin tinker hasn't spawned yet, idk if we found em.
Found a bee hive, not :red:ing with that.
those pumpkin pies are way stronger than i thought, them and a swiftness allowed me to defeat the eye.
*Badass shield acquired*

Attachments

• Player-Swap Day 9.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Those pies are really good, thanks for getting em.
The map might not be 100% accurate, as the last guy didn't include a map file so i had to use day 7 instead
I made a few more houses, goblin tinker hasn't spawned yet, idk if we found em.
Found a bee hive, not :red:ing with that.
those pumpkin pies are way stronger than i thought, them and a swiftness allowed me to defeat the eye.
*Badass shield acquired*
what map file
I suppose you meant the world map, and yeah I couldn't set it up myself
Anyway, I have to redo it then?
Though what I remember that there's an easy dead man's chest at the top minecart track. It has 2 grav potions and by going to the left you can find a starfury, if you had one starfury and one gravitation potion then all good
Done, day 10:
Sorry, I can't port folders for some reason so no .map again

Attachments

• Player-Swap.plr
    3.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Player-SwapWORLD.wld
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
what map file
I suppose you meant the world map, and yeah I couldn't set it up myself
Sorry, I can't port folders for some reason so no .map again
My bad, I should explain it better.
Every player's data for what they know on the map is stored in a different file, so for example if you take a raw .plr file and play it on a different computer it remembers the inventory, the health, the mana, the shimmer upgrades, but not the map.
In order to include the map as well, and sorry if I did not explain this in the .txt file with the rest of the ZIP, you have to move the folder named 'player_swap' into the players folder along with everything else.

It looks like everything has been handled fine and the map files are being included again, so no action needs to be taken. Thanks for playing by the way! I have not been fully keeping up with the map because I want to know as little as possible going back in soon, but it is really funny that someone left goblins on the next player :D

My bad, I should explain it better.
Every player's data for what they know on the map is stored in a different file, so for example if you take a raw .plr file and play it on a different computer it remembers the inventory, the health, the mana, the shimmer upgrades, but not the map.
In order to include the map as well, and sorry if I did not explain this in the .txt file with the rest of the ZIP, you have to move the folder named 'player_swap' into the players folder along with everything else.

It looks like everything has been handled fine and the map files are being included again, so no action needs to be taken. Thanks for playing by the way! I have not been fully keeping up with the map because I want to know as little as possible going back in soon, but it is really funny that someone left goblins on the next player :D
I think it's just them spawning by themselves as one heart was broken but it was immediately and if I remember around 2 minutes before the morning
so I don't know

Anyway, what do yall think of another communication method?
So for example we can stream it on a server to
1. Keep things fair
2. Make it fun
Or just make a raw YT video, but that's not accessible to everyone

-Bought stuff from the Dryad to keep the ever-approaching Crimson away... Thanks to whoever designed our housing system for making those purification powders cost a FORTUNE.
-Died at the Shimmer from invisible enemies.
-Placed Sunflowers (FINALLY).
-Obtained Depth Meter and Lifeform Analyzer.
-Obtained Stardrop.
-Found Snake Charmer's Flute and Bast Statue.
-
Turned our bombs into sticky bombs.
-Obtained Crimson Rod.
-Defeated BoC with ease.
-Crafted Crimtane pickaxe and armor.
-Found Goblin Tinkerer.
-Used Arcane Crystal and shimmered all of our platinum armor.
-Had to expand one of the poorly made houses because it didn't actually work as a room.
-Crafted Spectre Boots.
Again, computer does not allow me to rename the file for some reason. Just remember that this is day 12.

Attachments

• Terraria Player-Swap day 11.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
I really hope its not dead, We gotta beat this as a team :D
Explored some of the dungeon, acquired a shield/shadow key/magic missile
After that i spent of the rest of the time in the underworld building the bridge and getting loot, but nothing of note in the chests so far

Attachments

• Player-Swap Day 15.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
I didn't do a whole lot, mostly just organization. Our house was a mess. I mean, it still is, but I þink it's a little better now. After I organized all our chests I got a hell forge, split our armor and accessories into 3 loadouts for every class but summoner, and ðen just fished underground for a while in ðe hope of finding more running shoes in a crate so all ðe loadouts could have a pair of spectre boots. I also upgraded our hammer and axe, and sold some old obsolete tools.

Attachments

• Player-Swap Day 16.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Let's play a game of Terraria together. And anyone* can join!
*not everyone because pc only, sorry it won't work otherwise
What is going on? I am sure we have all had issues in the past where not everybody in a Terraria game can play at the same time.
So what if we only played one at a time?
Welcome to Player-Swap!

How does it work?
One player will start by creating a player and a world, any type of player and world will do. And give themselves a gold watch to keep the time.
After that, they play on the world for exactly one in-game day, until 4:30AM.
Finally, after playing on the world for that time, they pass the world on in this thread by posting the player and world files!
The next person who wants to play the world downloads the last uploaded player and world data, adds it to their game and plays for another 1 in-game day.
And the cycle continues...

Do you think we can beat Terraria if someone else gets control of the game each new day? Join us and find out!

Before I start with this tutorial, I have never made something like this before. If you have any ideas for ways to format this better, or you know how to do this on a non-windows OS, please let me know and I will edit this to be more helpful.

In summary, Terraria's save data (on Windows) is located in Documents>My games
View attachment 433597
From there you will find two files, worlds and players.
Move the .plr file Player-Swap.plr to the players file
Move the folder named Player-Swap into the player folder as well, this is not needed but it will make sure that you have the map data that the last players had.
View attachment 433598
Finally, move the .wld file Player-SwapWORLD.wld into the worlds folder.
View attachment 433599

After doing all this, your Terraria game should have a new player and world. Have fun!

I'll begin, here is the world and player file on day 1.
If you want, you can write a log of what you did on that day, or you could keep it a mystery...
The world is small and has crimson in it, the difficulty is set to expert and no secret world seeds are active.
Day 1 started at around 8am instead of 4:30, so I had less time to start collecting items.
I grabbed some wood and stone and created a small house for the guide.
I traveled to the left and found a small desert, it looks like the underground desert is just below it.
Further left I found the crimson, and turned back.
I went to the right, but it was also crimson, well that sucks, but there was a cave that I could quickly escape down, but I died to a dart trap.
After that I spent the rest of the day digging down for ores and building up the house.
I found 20 fallen stars but did not use them yet.
Attached is a zip file containing the world, player and map data.

To play, download the files from the zip that I have attached. I can not be sure if people on operating systems other than Windows can do this so try at your own risk, sorry.
When it becomes 4:30AM you are done, save and exit then send the files back in this thread, then the next player will take that world and continue with day 3.
If you miss the exact time of 4:30 it is okay, the player has a golden clock to keep the time with. If you are off by a minute just save and exit there, if you are already very far into the next day just keep playing until the next 4:30, but I personally draw the line at two days, after that you should just download the world again and do it all over.
You can play the world more than once, but I want a variety of people to be playing the world instead of the same 2 people, I might return to do another day after a few others.
Do you want to explore? mine ores? fight bosses? fish for the entire day? the choice is yours. You could even place boulders everywhere... I guess.
Oh man I can see a youtube trend pop up from this!

Like you could kinda play death swap with this mod, but you would have to make the day night cycle like 5x faster which I hope there is a mod for.

But this seems like a really cool mod! I should try this out with my friends at some point

Oh man I can see a youtube trend pop up from this!

Like you could kinda play death swap with this mod, but you would have to make the day night cycle like 5x faster which I hope there is a mod for.

But this seems like a really cool mod! I should try this out with my friends at some point
This isn't a mod, it's an active forum game where you download the world, play for 24hr, and then provide the necessary files for the next person. The next person does the same and repeat.

This isn't a mod, it's an active forum game where you download the world, play for 24hr, and then provide the necessary files for the next person. The next person does the same and repeat.
Hi, back from the dead to clarify that it is 24 in game hours not 24 real life hours, otherwise the world would already be finished.
I do not have any plans for this world right now, truth be told I have not looked at it since my last time playing back at day 4. If the world lives on slowly or ends soon enough I am okay with it, it looks like some people had fun with it and that is all that matters to me.
I might have a look at where the world is at/play another day at some point. You all are awesome, thanks for doing my silly idea.

Sorry for being so lazy... I keep wanting to get to this, but I'm always preoccupied...
It's possible I might have a good chance today though.

Hey uh, I’m pretty interested in this but I want to contribute something unique. What kind of wiring contraptions would be helpful? i can make several advanced wiring things like a way to have two spawn points.
If not I have an infinite money exploit as long as the Shimmer has been located.
And if all else fails I could just fish for a day :D

Hey uh, I’m pretty interested in this but I want to contribute something unique. What kind of wiring contraptions would be helpful? i can make several advanced wiring things like a way to have two spawn points.
If not I have an infinite money exploit as long as the Shimmer has been located.
And if all else fails I could just fish for a day :D
I think pretty much anything would be useful. The only significant structure anyone built was a rudimentary glowing mushroom farm, and it's also way too close to spawn anyway.

Back
Top Bottom