1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

Terraria State of the Game - August 2019

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Charlie Lemanski

Charlie Lemanski Terrarian

Will spawn rates be adjusted to match those on pc? I know chaos elementals are much rarer on mobile than on pc, so will that be fixed?

2. Doggo24

Doggo24 Terrarian

What’s a chaos elemental? I’m a mobile player BTY.

3. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Skeletron

Aw, nuts! Thank you for telling me how to get it! ~:)

4. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, spawn rates and drops should match PC 1.3.0.7

5. Yui the Summoner

Yui the Summoner Terrarian

At least two new minions to play with AND we can dye our minions? Y'all are gonna spoil us summoners rotten this patch, and I love it.

6. Acetheboss

Acetheboss Plantera

true, but they better spoil all of us. If this really is the final patch, then all the classes, bosses, enemies, etc should all be balanced.

7. Gryffyn

Gryffyn Terrarian

Chaos Elemental is a really rare enemy found in the underground hallow. It has rare drops of rod of discord (used for teleporting), blessed apple (unicorn mount), and rainbow red (the same as the craftable one)

8. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

Spit screen for switch, does that mean you spit on the screen and then theres a second player on that area?
    (you made a typo :))
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 18, 2019, Original Post Date: Aug 18, 2019 ---
    1.3.5 has almost no content. It was mainly stuff like 4k support which is already on console versions, plus a few insignifant items and some other device specific stuff.

9. BattleDragon45

BattleDragon45 Slime Collector

"spit-Screen"
    for reals im ready for the bug- I mean content Thats coming soon for ps4!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  10. LapLasagna

LapLasagna Spazmatism

No content? I guess you could consider a few furniture sets and dev vanity sets as no content, but I believe it could've still gotten shoved into the next update. Just my opinion.

11. Ilmarinen

Ilmarinen Santa-NK1

The guys that look like purple luchadors.

12. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

I wouldn't exactly call them rare... I get dozens of the annoying things when I'm in the Underground Hallow. I've gotten the rod of discord from them, along with more blessed apples than I can count, but what is "rainbow red"? I've never seen that as a drop.

Edit: Oh. You mean rainbow rod. And it's a mobile-specific drop; no wonder I had no clue what you were talking about. And just found out they're much rarer in mobile than they are on console. Now you make more sense

Gasterix likes this.
  13. Charlie Lemanski

Charlie Lemanski Terrarian

Ye I built a huge farm for the rod of Discord on mobile, and it totally failed because chaos Elementals have super weird and rare spawn mechanics there.

14. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

Whereas on console I need multiple minions to avoid being pestered by them whenever I need to do stuff in the underground Hallow (which is fairly often, considering how much Hallow there is in my world...)

15. Ethacon

Ethacon Golem

I would say that it would. However they might as well call the update 1.3.5 then. Maybe there are some other technical things they are waiting for that update to implement? Another possibility is that while they have it caught up with 1.3.4 content, the update will still be called 1.3.5

LapLasagna likes this.
  16. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

I don't think that any of the minions really qualify as critters, so maybe critter shampoo is a red herring? I don't see why they'd put it there and not just show the hotbar if that was what was dyeing the minions... Anyway, as someone who usually plays summoner, I am quite ecstatic for this!

17. Squirtle_Leaf

Squirtle_Leaf Terrarian

Can you hit enemies with a Slimy Saddle in Switch Patch 1.3.1?

18. True Excalibur

True Excalibur Eye of Cthulhu

oh. my. God. The release date actually happened. BDJEBEJEJSJEJEOWWJWNSJXUDHISPWPWKWBDUHXDHICRKEJWPJEDUDUDHEHSIUJDJEOE

19. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

I don't know about you, but my kids' Switch is almost always got some form of.... spit... or something.... on the screen. :eek:

(seriously, thanks for the note)

The VAST majority of the in-game content between 1.3.2-1.3.5 is contained within the 1.3.2-1.3.4 updates. 1.3.5 was mostly focused on localization, 4K support, and some UI QOL. So, it makes sense to at least have QA/RL start looking over all of that content stuff now. Heck, even if 1.3.4 were the next update, that would get Console like right up next to parity.

To give one example.... 1.3.4's total item count was 3883.... 1.3.5 tops out at 3929 (just based on item IDs).

Not familiar with that one - but will add it to things to check in on.

Yes - spawn rates, boss stats, weapon dynamics, all = PC now.

20. FROSTBYTE7PH

FROSTBYTE7PH Terrarian

I had a bad feeling that i can update terraria on august 28 not 27 because of the place or location or region