tModLoader TerraScape

4. Mithril and Adamantite armour. To go the extra mile, trimmed versions of Mith, Addy and Runeite.
There is a problem, in vanila Terraria is already a Adamantite armor, There isn't Mithril but could very and very easily mistaken for Mythril amor, an another vanilla Terraria armor. Sorry, this isn't a good idea.

There is a problem, in vanila Terraria is already a Adamantite armor, There isn't Mithril but could very and very easily mistaken for Mythril amor, an another vanilla Terraria armor. Sorry, this isn't a good idea.
I just checked and the Runescape version is called Adamant armour so it's fine and while Mithril and Adamant are close to the Terraria versions this mod is for people who have played Runescape and will be able to tell the difference.

I just checked and the Runescape version is called Adamant armour so it's fine and while Mithril and Adamant are close to the Terraria versions this mod is for people who have played Runescape and will be able to tell the difference.
Still mot acceptable no matter what, ore in Runescape is named Adamantite like in Terraria.

Absolutely love the mod! Have spent ~10 hours just enjoying the pre-hardmode content. My major gripe is the rareness of Rune ore. By the time you've collected enough of it, it's barely useful. It's much easier to just get the Molten set. Thanks so much for making this mod btw!

Absolutely love the mod! Have spent ~10 hours just enjoying the pre-hardmode content. My major gripe is the rareness of Rune ore. By the time you've collected enough of it, it's barely useful. It's much easier to just get the Molten set. Thanks so much for making this mod btw!
get a reaver shark from fishing and some spelunker potipns and youll get so much runite ore

Just how incredibly rare are lucky implings? Or is there a trick to finding them alongside the low spawn rate? I've found around 50 dragon/ninja implings total and am trying to get 3a cause I am stuck on Olm/Moon Lord.

Loving this mod! Nothing made me happier than using the ancient staff and hearing that sweet, sweet ice barrage sound.

I came here to report an issue: while playing on multiplayer, the Spirit of Barrows boss isn't dropping the Barrows chest (Or, didn't drop the chest after three kills). I killed him three times, but he still didn't drop it. Additionally, the Barrows brothers sometimes don't drop their cryptic stones during that fight, making it a little irritating to spam spades until you get the last stone to fight the spirit of barrows again.

Loving this mod! Nothing made me happier than using the ancient staff and hearing that sweet, sweet ice barrage sound.

I came here to report an issue: while playing on multiplayer, the Spirit of Barrows boss isn't dropping the Barrows chest (Or, didn't drop the chest after three kills). I killed him three times, but he still didn't drop it. Additionally, the Barrows brothers sometimes don't drop their cryptic stones during that fight, making it a little irritating to spam spades until you get the last stone to fight the spirit of barrows again.

Thank you for the report, it has been fixed in the newest update. I tried replicating the cryptic stones bug but had no luck, I have no idea what might be causing that.

This mod is really really good, the items are just a bit unbalanced.
I got an abyssal whip at the beginning of hardmore and it carried me through completly until the lunar events.
A thing that pisses me off super hard are the demonic gorillas, dont get me wrong they are awesome but if i want to go mine for chlorophyte ore i cant even mine 20 ore before a gorilla spawns and kills me, and its impossible to fight them in such a tiny space like a cave.

So I'm doing a magic playthrough right now with this mod on and I have some balancing / progression feedback, I know testing balancing is one of the hardest things so this should help. Again, so far I am playing through with magic and have not explicitly tested anything else like runite.

-the dragons seem to start spawning fairly late into progression. I would make the green ones spawn earlier, they aren't that difficult to kill. By the time I got the Crandor map and some mystic armor, it wasn't worth abandoning the armor I had to put it on.

-The chaos elemental seems available too late. It's filling the same slot that the barrows brothers do as a post-mech boss but pre-plantera boss. I would weaken it up a bit and make it a pre-mech boss, adjusting the dps of the drops if necessary.

-Nature implings have a chance to spawn very early and drop tons of gems. personally I got a ruby hook before I even had a piece of metal armor. Nature implings should perhaps start spawning after the queen bee is dead?

-The current droprate/obtainability of runes makes creating the beginner/apprentice/teacher/master wands very VERY difficult. Getting enough elemental runes in particular is very hard, death and blood runes as well. It makes it almost impossible to obtain them unless you go out of your way to fly around looking for essence implings for a very long time. (Or do what I did and crank the global spawn rate of enemies up to 3000% so you don't have to do that for an hour)

-Per that note, the elemental spells are a bit confusing. Fire spells are setting enemies on fire, but wind, earth, and water aren't doing anything that I've noticed. Currently there is no reason to use anything but fire. I know in OSRS fire always does the most damage, but in the Terraria environment it seems out of place.

-And my biggest issue: I don't know when I should be expecting to tackle each boss. If you could get your mod listed in the boss progression mod here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/boss-checklist-in-game-progression-checklist.50668/ that would be tremendous.

By the way, because I think you deserve a cookie and a half: The bossfights are FANTASTICALLY scripted, and ALL of the particle and projectile work is beautiful. Some of the best I've seen in ANY mod.

Thank you for the feedback! You have a lot of great points, especially those relating to balance, since it is a hard thing to maintain. I'll definitely check out the impling drops and maybe gate them behind some bosses, as you said. I made getting runes a bit easier in an earlier update, but it might need some further tweaking. The elemental spells have only slight differences at the moment, I'll change them around a bit in the next update. As for the bosses, Boss Checklist is a good idea, although the point of game when to fight them is mentioned in the "Bosses" section in the original post. I'll look into implementing Boss Checklist support.

And thank you very much for the kind words. Creating bosses is a lengthy progress, and I'm happy someone acknowledges the effort!

So I'm doing a magic playthrough right now with this mod on and I have some balancing / progression feedback, I know testing balancing is one of the hardest things so this should help. Again, so far I am playing through with magic and have not explicitly tested anything else like runite.

-the dragons seem to start spawning fairly late into progression. I would make the green ones spawn earlier, they aren't that difficult to kill. By the time I got the Crandor map and some mystic armor, it wasn't worth abandoning the armor I had to put it on.

-The chaos elemental seems available too late. It's filling the same slot that the barrows brothers do as a post-mech boss but pre-plantera boss. I would weaken it up a bit and make it a pre-mech boss, adjusting the dps of the drops if necessary.

-Nature implings have a chance to spawn very early and drop tons of gems. personally I got a ruby hook before I even had a piece of metal armor. Nature implings should perhaps start spawning after the queen bee is dead?

-The current droprate/obtainability of runes makes creating the beginner/apprentice/teacher/master wands very VERY difficult. Getting enough elemental runes in particular is very hard, death and blood runes as well. It makes it almost impossible to obtain them unless you go out of your way to fly around looking for essence implings for a very long time. (Or do what I did and crank the global spawn rate of enemies up to 3000% so you don't have to do that for an hour)

-Per that note, the elemental spells are a bit confusing. Fire spells are setting enemies on fire, but wind, earth, and water aren't doing anything that I've noticed. Currently there is no reason to use anything but fire. I know in OSRS fire always does the most damage, but in the Terraria environment it seems out of place.

-And my biggest issue: I don't know when I should be expecting to tackle each boss. If you could get your mod listed in the boss progression mod here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/boss-checklist-in-game-progression-checklist.50668/ that would be tremendous.

By the way, because I think you deserve a cookie and a half: The bossfights are FANTASTICALLY scripted, and ALL of the particle and projectile work is beautiful. Some of the best I've seen in ANY mod.

id like to make some notes on this
Dragons
elvarg is ridiculously easy to fight as long as you can dodge him
and green dragons probably should start spawning after EoW / BoC as elvarg can be fought after them and have no issues at all
Implings
magpie implings spawn in pre hardmode (could've been fixed) and allow you to obtain a chaos ele spawn before hardmode
nature implings i have no problem with and they are fine as they are
dragon implings are rare but ive gotten some and ended up getting celestial sigils way before moon lord and lunar fragments i suggest making dragon implings only spawn post golem as that would make more sense as lunar events are directly after and add the life fruit drop to a different impling thats post mech bosses
Runes and Spells
no issues at all with the runes except for a few droprate is actually quite high and throughout an entire pre hardmode playthrough after obtaining the apprentice wand i mostly trashed all my runes and essence as i got them frequently death and blood runes just require a little time farming the corruption/crimson at the right time so farm souls of night while you are at it
Soul runes... they drop in the jungle and are listed as dropping somewhere else
the spells are not confusing but only fire actually has an effect, however you could change the other spells and effectiveness like water spells doing 2x the damage to fire enemies and wind spells doing 0.5x the damage to them
Chaos Ele and Progression
for the start of hardmode you don't have wings (unless you were smart and saved up 1 plat killed queen bee and moved the witch doctor to the jungle for the easy leaf wings) and no wings = difficult fight as he teleports you around what could be changed is that this is where you could split the progression of the mod off chaos ele Post mech bosses then barrows being more difficult than that etc and increasing stats on items that seem underpowered for when you could get them personally solo Olm is actually more difficult than the moonlord already as the moonlord is a huge joke
how the progression should go imo is
Demon From Demon Slayer Before Eye Of Cthulu (forgot its name)
Elvarg after EoW/BoC
then move on to hardmode for the rest of the bosses starting with
Jungle Demon at the start of hardmode (queen bee required to be killed)
Jungle demon can have a chance to drop the dragon scimitar (as it seems mostly useless)
and more i would go into detail of in the soon to come PM (expect it)

Got 30 hours into modded Terraria (with TerraScape), have a couple suggestions. First, get way too many runes, have stacks of every type, just shift click em at this point, would be sweet if there were further uses for them. Two, dunno if you've said anything about this but there doesn't seem to be banners, would be awesome if we could have banners for mobs like gargs, its hard making mob farms and dealing with their 40-70 damage attacks at 44 armor pre-hard mode, and they spawn very frequently. Three would be sweet if there was npcs like slayer masters and such.
Anyways thanks for the great mod dude, my pal and I are having a great time

I encountered a typo when trying to figure out how to make a Strength Amulet.
http://imgur.com/a/ydl66

EDIT: Ignore the IMG thing, I tried getting rid of it.
ydl66

Just wondering about implings, do battle potions and water candle increase there spawn rates? Also do they have better spawn rates depending on the time? There seems to be more from 12-4pm than any other time from my findings. And are all the olm drops same droprate? Twisted bow seems to illude me.

What weapon set would be best to go aster Elvarg?
I've tried the minishark, shotgun, and a few other hard hitting weapons but can't really survive past a certain hp level on it.
Also would wings help during the fight?

Back
Top Bottom