PC The Axe V.S. The Luminite Hamaxe

Buckybomb

Terrarian
I just recently got the axe after ages of grinding plantera, but soon questioned if it was even worth getting it; my Luminite Hamaxe seemed to keep up just as much.

Let's do a comparison.

zBgPTyJ.png

The Axe
  • 175% Hammer power
  • 100% Axe power (I didn't test axe speed, but i'll still leave this here.)
  • +1 Range
  • It's use speed is 22 (Lower is better!)
  • Best Modifier is Light
V.S.

CAEBwZy.png
h1KCLSh.png
qA0Cw2e.png
exMrziN.png

Luminite Hamaxes
  • All 4 share the same stats.
  • 150% Hammer Power
  • 100% Axe power
  • +4 Range(!)
  • It's use speed is 27
  • Best Modifier is Light

Now that we can compare the stats, it looks like The Axe is the clear cut winner. Higher speed and a Higher hammer power, however, I wanted to test this.

1. I placed down a small square (the maximum range I can place from one block) of Lizahrd Temple Wall. I just assumed because it's so lategame, it'll be the hardest to hammer. (Unverified?)
2. I reforged both tools to be Light. Legendary results in the same speed boost, but I didn't even bother.

Now with that said and done, I recorded me hammering out the same size, and...

They're the exact same speed.

Down to the exact frame. (There's a visual bug on The Axe. The wall is still there, however, it's not hammerable and quickly dissapears the next frame.) So... Which is better? The Luminite Hamaxes. Not only does it tie for the fastest hammer in the game, it also has a +4 range.

Hope this has been educational.

Lord Garak said:
I find your reasoning extremely flawed. The Axe is still the best hammer because, despite a range bonus, the Hamaxe is not a guitar and does not make an annoying, entertaining noise.

Damn it, forgot to account for the wonderful guitar sounds. Time to toss my research out the window.

I personally feel its not worth going too far out of the way to get the Axe due to it being a very rare drop. I usually stick with the Molten Hamaxe until I can upgrade it to the Spectre Hamaxe and then later any of the Luminite Hamaxes. Its much easier saving the extra inventory slot by not having a separate Axe and Hammer tool.

Ultimately it does come down to personal preference. I value the higher ranges of the other Hamaxe tools and they overall feel fast enough when it comes down to speed.

Back
Top Bottom