OOC The Corruption's Wrath

Razor_Typhoon

Living Tree
The corruption starts to spread further and further on everybody, from the city folk, to the futuristic folk and to the fantasy folk.

City Folk and Futuristic Folk: You woke up one morning, you (And any relative/friend who might be with you) decided to check the news.

``This is a urgent warning, a strange corruption is infecting people and making them aggressive, if you notice something suspicious on you or anyone else, be careful and isolate.``

You hear screams outside so you get some water, food and whatever will get you ready to survive before you head out.

Fantasy Folk: You were suddenly woken up by screams, you at first decide to stay inside but eventually you look outside and find people getting attacked by black demonic creatures,
a few of them might be recognizable as someone you know or seen, some people got the black stuff on their hands, faces, hair, clothes or legs and it looks like it might be spreading further.
You, not wanting to be one of them quickly got dressed and then got some supplies and maybe a weapon before you head out...

You ran into the forest so thats where you start.

Link to IC: Here

City Folks (aka modern era people): They have access to firearms and a bit of technology/magic
Fantasy Folks (aka fantasy era people): They have access to spells and most armor although lacking in technology
Futuristic Folks (Aka sci-fi era people): They have access to alot of technology and firearms although cant use spells

stages of the wrath.png

1. Uncorrupted
2. Phase 1 (Although no effects show up in this phase, its still best to avoid skin contact with anyone in this phase)
3. Phase 2 (At this phase, you may feel a bit numb and weak.)
4. Phase 3 (Around this phase, you might temporary lose control of your body, this is the last phase before you are fully corrupted)
5. Corrupted (You no longer have control of your body, the corruption is very aggressive and will relentlessly do its best to further spread itself onto people or animals)

Extra Notes: as of now, the corruption has no known cure but it's spread can be slowed down by staying determined and mentally fighting it, if you are lucky and can stay focused, you can slow down the spread to weeks or maybe even a month, the corruption could possibly be temporary reversed to a previous stage but how is it done is unknown (as of now)

The corruption is called The Wrath.

The Wrath can convert people with other corruptions and may even have a side effect from it.

Although varying from person to person, each stage of the Wrath's spread last 4 hours and a half for the average person (more likely to be the case with the elderly and ill.)

No being overpowered
No using spells as a futuristic
no using technology with ease as a fantasy
no friendly corruptions (unless you are infected with a corruption that isnt the wrath)
other corruptions are fine as long as they don't provide a immunity from the wrath.
be fair and have fun

Name:
Species:
Era (City, Fantasy, Futuristic):
Personality:
Appearance:
Weapon:
Other Equipment:
Text Color:
Extra:

CorruptionWrath Map.png

Feel free on asking questions and I try and answer them.

Last edited:
hey wouldnt it be really wacky and funny if i ported carrey over to this? hee hee hoo hoo good because i am

if you dont wanna be spoiled then dont worry, ill leave the Actual Spoilers:tm: inside of inline spoilers. dont click the blurs and you should be fine

Name: Carrey
Species: Rikkor
Subspecies: Ricole
Era (City, Fantasy, Futuristic): Futuristic
Personality: still as outgoing as they were at the start of BoL. what? Carrey has had time to mentally recover and recooperate from the trauma of having their own :red:ing gunblade gouge their eyes out. the concept of PvP still scares the :red: out of them, though
Appearance: "how the hell can THIS be a spoiler?" i hear you ask. well, see....Carrey's limbtips are now a darker red, their body is a dark-ish gray now, the color shift between the two colors is bordered by black, and the markings (which were not there at the start of BoL) are now also black. still undecided if its just black or like, vantablack. oh and we cant forget the heterochromatic eyes. left (their right) eye is blue, right (their left) eye is yellow. "why is it different now wtf?" you may ask. the answer is "because i could :)", to which you ask "but what about lore-wise?" to which i answer "oh yea thats because carrey did a little bit of some cosmetic body modding. its not illegal or anything so why not? ...or at least i dont think it is"
oh yea, and the robe now has a holster on the inside side. for the gunblade.

Weapon: Blast Dagger: an energy gunblade with one blade at the top of its barrel, and two blades on the bottom, spreading out slightly. the energy color of the gunblade is yellowish blue. oh yea, the name of the weapon is a spoiler because holy :red:, they actually named the weapon!
the weapon's ability is hourglass, which slows time for up to 2 posts.
Other Equipment: just basic leather armor lmao
Text Color: guess what :)
#54ACD2 and #F7DA64
Extra:

Last edited:
hey wouldnt it be really wacky and funny if i ported carrey over to this? hee hee hoo hoo good because i am

if you dont wanna be spoiled then dont worry, ill leave the Actual Spoilers:tm: inside of inline spoilers. dont click the blurs and you should be fine

Personality: still as outgoing as they were at the start of BoL. what? Carrey has had time to mentally recover and recooperate from the trauma of having their own :red:ing gunblade gouge their eyes out. the concept of PvP still scares the :red: out of them, though
Appearance: "how the hell can THIS be a spoiler?" i hear you ask. well, see....Carrey's limbtips are now a darker red, their body is a dark-ish gray now, the color shift between the two colors is bordered by black, and the markings (which were not there at the start of BoL) are now also black. still undecided if its just black or like, vantablack. oh and we cant forget the heterochromatic eyes. left (their right) eye is blue, right (their left) eye is yellow. "why is it different now wtf?" you may ask. the answer is "because i could :)", to which you ask "but what about lore-wise?" to which i answer "oh yea thats because carrey did a little bit of some cosmetic body modding. its not illegal or anything so why not? ...or at least i dont think it is"
Weapon: Blast Dagger: an energy gunblade with one blade at the top of its barrel, and two blades on the bottom, spreading out slightly. the energy color of the gunblade is yellowish blue. oh yea, the name of the weapon is a spoiler because holy :red:, they actually named the weapon!
#54ACD2 and #F7DA64
Extra:
Accepted👍

also should I make a rules list..?

ok done, also hopefully soon will add a character

in the meanwhile, just gonna be waiting on questions and application submissions

the caveat about spells made me remember i need to add the gunblade's spell uh... i mean.... uh... ability! yea. ability that everyone calls a spell for some reason but its techno stuff so does it really count as a spell?
it starts off as level one stats despite carrey probably having gotten a few levels by now. idk maybe the corruption's sheer presence is enough to jam whatever the canonical reason is for protosteel leveling

....actually, @Layn why and how does protosteel level up?

the caveat about spells made me remember i need to add the gunblade's spell uh... i mean.... uh... ability! yea. ability that everyone calls a spell for some reason but its techno stuff so does it really count as a spell?
it starts off as level one stats despite carrey probably having gotten a few levels by now. idk maybe the corruption's sheer presence is enough to jam whatever the canonical reason is for protosteel leveling

....actually, @Layn why and how does protosteel level up?
Dunnoh
Maybe it adjusts to it's form or something like that
oR It haRVestS tHe SoULS of thE fALLeN!! oooh!!!

Name: Mal
Species: Human
Era (City, Fantasy, Futuristic): Fantasy
Personality: Kind and caring
Appearance: she has a purple robe and medium length hair (not short but not really long)
Weapon: a tome that can use a variety of spells

Text Color: #612380

Name: Mal
Species: Human
Era (City, Fantasy, Futuristic): Fantasy
Personality: Kind and caring
Appearance: she has a purple robe and medium length hair (not short but not really long)
Weapon: a tome that can use a variety of spells

Text Color: #612380
Accepted.

Fun fact: characters from other media are cool as long as you list them in the right era (if its something like Terraria, make sure its the era based off their equipment)

Accepted.

Fun fact: characters from other media are cool as long as you list them in the right era (if its something like Terraria, make sure its the era based off their equipment)
Is there an era that has Magic and technology but no firearms?
I mean probably not but if it does that would be nice

oh yea, and the robe now has a holster on the inside side. for the gunblade.

the weapon's ability is hourglass, which slows time for up to 2 posts.
#54ACD2 and #F7DA64
Extra:
I REALLY wanna read this but I'm in BoE and I don't wanna be spoiled

Well, the only part it I'd really consider to be spoilery myself is with personality, but if you're worried, the application's got inline spoilering like this for any parts that could possibly be perceived as spoilery.

Well, the only part it I'd really consider to be spoilery myself is with personality, but if you're worried, the application's got inline spoilering like this for any parts that could possibly be perceived as spoilery.
I read everything that doesn't have inline spoilers and the last three "spoilers"

Back
Top Bottom