• Yes, and new species should be added

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • I haven't joined this RP, but would with more options for species

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't joined this RP, but think the amount of species is fine as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aight cool, so I think Imma introduce him mid-RP or when the others are out of town for well, undead reasons

And looking at it I'm not sure if people missed this, but I'm going to quote it as it seems a few people didn't add the stat changes.
You can add +2 to one stat and +1 to a second stat, but you must have at least -1 from one stat. You cannot split the increase of 2 into two 1s. You can reduce more than just -1, if you want to for some reason. These stat changes are applied before changes from species.

ayo edited my thingo to have the stat changes listed and accounted for as the tag "Gameplay Rules" so should be fixed probably
I'll also suggest having that rule in the character template for redundancy

speaking of which, where will the characters start?
Most of them will start in the south end of a currently unnamed city in southeast Varanitil.
ayo edited my thingo to have the stat changes listed and accounted for as the tag "Gameplay Rules" so should be fixed probably
I'll also suggest having that rule in the character template for redundancy
And I've made that change.
ok done.

Name/Nickname/Alias: Vix (last name yet to be known)
--=ATTRIBUTES=--
Species: Northern Kobold
Appearance:

View attachment 353373

Sex & Gender: Male
Height & Weight: Yet to be known (and will probably never be known)
Alignment: Nobody.
Personality: Relaxed and careful, hesitant at first on fighting stronger foes but can get the urge to do it.
Known Languages: English (yes, he knows no other languages other than draconic and english)
Backstory: N/A
--=STATS=--
HP: 13
CURRENCY: 6
Strength: 9 (but then racial stuff kicks in.)
Agility: 10
Endurance: 11
Intellegence: 10
Charisma: 12
Abilities:

Kobold's Boost: the agility of allies increase by +2 (how it is done is up to you)

Passive Traits:

Last Stand: If health gets low, agility and endurance increases by +1 but strength drops by -2

Items/Inventory: a bag with a bit of food and water in.
Accepted.

I’ve got a few questions:
1. When a character‘s health reaches 0, do they die or are they knocked unconscious?
2. If they die, then can undead even lose a battle?
3. Would Serprus have increased charisma against undead, since he’s a necromancer?

1. When a character‘s health reaches 0, do they die or are they knocked unconscious?
3. Would Serprus have increased charisma against undead, since he’s a necromancer?
the one with undead I believe is probably gonna result in death anyways since whatever magic is sustaining them would dissipate upon defeat unless it's stated otherwise

Is there a certain time range where the rp will start..?
idk, ask DW

Well, assuming you're asking about when the IC will open, then for that I need to create a short list of starting spells, work out and balance how much stats affect the damage of attacks, decide on what exactly the different rolls are, create the location in the starting city, and make a map of Varanitil.
the one with undead I believe is probably gonna result in death anyways since whatever magic is sustaining them would dissipate upon defeat unless it's stated otherwise
Well, because Chir' was one of the people that helped make this RP, at least some of their rules about death apply, with some changes to fit this world. So in this case it depends upon the undead.
A necromancer can raise dead that lack souls, and are simply corpses being manipulated by magic. In this case when they reach 0 HP they go back to being normal corpses, but depending on how they could come back and fight again.

However, some undead do have souls, either by binding their soul to an artifact or another creature. In these cases, they're ghosts possessing dead bodies, so the only way to defeat them is to destroy what their soul is bound to. Undead like this cannot be controlled as easily however, so they won't appear as often, and will probably act more as bosses if encountered as enemies.

When a character reaches 0 HP, I currently have it so they die, but I might change that slightly however, such as making them unconscious and putting a timer until they die, at least for players. Enemies will normally die when they reach 0 HP.

And he wouldn't have any bonus on his own, but I'll probably make that a spell, unless you add it as a passive or ability.

Also, something I find kinda funny is that because of Cursed Flames’ double-type features, Undead get damaged and healed by it at the same time, so the damage they take can range from healing to minimal. Also, since 2/5 of the characters are undead, some abilities that Serprus has make amazing support since they can heal the undead and also heal the living party members.

Speaking of which, is Soul Sap allowed?

I'm unsure how this is gonna work for sentient undead that aren't just ghosts possessing a random body unless there's a different kind of necromancy that actively takes a soul from the afterlife and stitches it to its original body or something

Also, something I find kinda funny is that because of Cursed Flames’ double-type features, Undead get damaged and healed by it at the same time, so the damage they take can range from healing to minimal. Also, since 2/5 of the characters are undead, some abilities that Serprus has make amazing support since they can heal the undead and also heal the living party members.

Speaking of which, is Soul Sap allowed?
Yeah, it's allowed, but I'm thinking that maybe Serprus needs a negative passive to balance things out.
I'm unsure how this is gonna work for sentient undead that aren't just ghosts possessing a random body unless there's a different kind of necromancy that actively takes a soul from the afterlife and stitches it to its original body or something
Well pretty much all undead that don't have the ghost thing aren't sentient. The main thing is that there is a ritual where the object the soul is bound to is the body itself, which normally creates a weak point that can be attacked to kill it. The ritual does have to be done before the creature dies though.

Yeah, it's allowed, but I'm thinking that maybe Serprus needs a negative passive to balance things out.

Well pretty much all undead that don't have the ghost thing aren't sentient. The main thing is that there is a ritual where the object the soul is bound to is the body itself, which normally creates a weak point that can be attacked to kill it. The ritual does have to be done before the creature dies though.
I gave him the “Minus evasiveness on turns when he uses magic” thing, but I might add something else. A major flaw that I’ve noticed is that while he can control some undead, he can’t really damage them. At all. Not passive trait, just something I’ve noticed. A possible second negative passive could be that he also has reduced Endurance on turns he uses a spell, to make using more costly spells riskier. It’d make Concentration far more of a risk to use, which means that stronger spells can’t be used too carelessly.

Back
Top Bottom