tModLoader The Enigma Mod

I'm new to this mod. How do I get started with the Mystic class?
The first Mystic weapon is Hermes' Flight. Hand some Fallen Stars to the Guide to see how it's made if you don't have Recipe Browser. You should find the other weapons if you keep checking the materials you get through progression, such as boss loot, ore (specifically Obsidium) etc.

Also make sure to set the hotkey to change Mysticism! I recommend the Right Mouse Button.

Is there a possibility of maybe a little collaboration between you and Gotest to help get Mystic damage integrated into the Leveled mod? This was something that came up earlier and I think it would be a *fantastic* idea as your mod's class-system would fit Leveled absolutely perfectly, and having Mystic damage scale as well would be icing on the cake.

So I started a new character and new world to play as the Mystic class. So far from looking through things, I can only find about six Mystic weapons and two armors that are just helmets to other armor sets. Getting the first Mystic weapon, the Hermes' Flight, was a struggle due to having to find a floating island and fight some harpies. I had a Hornet Staff from a mod that gives you random items on new character creation. I ended up using that minion and hiding inside the house till it killed some harpies and I gotten their feathers. After that I played through up to I killed the EoC.

Along the way I fought King Slime, Thorium's Grand Thunder Bird, GRealm's zombie horde, Spirit Mod's Scarabeus, and Calamity's Desert Scourge. It was rough going due to the limited damage I was doing. Also I was limited to using just that one weapon. The other weapons I didn't get yet also appear to do 10 damage. How am I supposed to get stronger? So far it feels like I'm playing as a mage with a select few weapons that have multiple firing modes. The OP says Mystic weapons are supposed to do damage entirely through debuffs. Is this still a WIP thing and a lot more Mystic weapons are coming?

Edit: From an quick test on my test character, it seems the other Mystic weapons will change their damage when selected, so that the higher tier Mystic weapons actually do have a lot more damage.

Last edited:
So I started a new character and new world to play as the Mystic class. So far from looking through things, I can only find about six Mystic weapons and two armors that are just helmets to other armor sets. Getting the first Mystic weapon, the Hermes' Flight, was a struggle due to having to find a floating island and fight some harpies. I had a Hornet Staff from a mod that gives you random items on new character creation. I ended up using that minion and hiding inside the house till it killed some harpies and I gotten their feathers. After that I played through up to I killed the EoC.

Along the way I fought King Slime, Thorium's Grand Thunder Bird, GRealm's zombie horde, Spirit Mod's Scarabeus, and Calamity's Desert Scourge. It was rough going due to the limited damage I was doing. Also I was limited to using just that one weapon. The other weapons I didn't get yet also appear to do 10 damage. How am I supposed to get stronger? So far it feels like I'm playing as a mage with a select few weapons that have multiple firing modes. The OP says Mystic weapons are supposed to do damage entirely through debuffs. Is this still a WIP thing and a lot more Mystic weapons are coming?

Edit: From an quick test on my test character, it seems the other Mystic weapons will change their damage when selected, so that the higher tier Mystic weapons actually do have a lot more damage.
There are currently 6 Mystic weapons and only 2 armor sets that boost Mystic, however, there are extremely powerful Mystic accessories that you get throughout the game to compensate for the lack of armors. We will be adding much more content to the Mystic class throughout updates (That's why the mod isn't version 1.0 yet). However, you should be able to reach every Mystic weapon with only the previous weapon. I would argue that Herme's flight is easier to get than the first Summon weapon, and about as difficult to get as the first mage weapon (unless you get extremely luck and get a waterbolt, your first decent mage weapon is from Crimson Hearts/Shadow Orbs). Enigma is only balanced around itself, so unfortunately I have not tested how easy/hard it is to defeat early game modded bosses. We will be adding more Mystic weapons to compensate for this eventually, however. I believe Gaia's World is going to be made earlier in progression than it currently is, and Hades' Judgement will be made to be post-Ragnar.

The original post is extremely outdated. I am going to be updating it to match the content, as well as working on a wiki, once all Pre ML bosses are added (which is the next update to come out!) Mystic's class idea has drastically changed since the original conception. Also, the only reason the first two Mystic weapons cost Mana is because they would be much too powerful without this cost. Mystic Weapons can be resemblent of any of the other classes. The first two just happened to be resemblemt of the mage class for balancing purposes.

Hopefully this clears things up! Let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions on the discord if you'd like.

Regards,
-Laugic

I think i need help, im using this mod and i tried to craft the soul stone with anything, and it doesnt work, i even used HERO's mod and nope, its not there. I really need help.

I think i need help, im using this mod and i tried to craft the soul stone with anything, and it doesnt work, i even used HERO's mod and nope, its not there. I really need help.
What about it doesn't work?

Were you able to craft it and it just wasn't giving you bonuses?

I absolutely love the potion accessories, but is there any chance we will be able to disable and enable certain potion effects? For example I am going to want the mastery of all item, but feather fall will get annoying. and after some time it will be annoying seeing all ores and treasures...you get the idea. Anyways I love the mod keep up the great work!

I absolutely love the potion accessories, but is there any chance we will be able to disable and enable certain potion effects? For example I am going to want the mastery of all item, but feather fall will get annoying. and after some time it will be annoying seeing all ores and treasures...you get the idea. Anyways I love the mod keep up the great work!
That seems like it would require some kind of settings menu, like what Fargo's mod uses.

Hi can some one give me a confirmation on the following about the soul stone:

When ever the soul stone gets a buff that is release x when ever hit it seems those things remove the ability to hit bosses or enemies, before I was trying to kill plantera with a wall regen build, and using the summoner soul stone I noticed those eyes prevented me from actually hitting plantera with the sword, so I switched to paladin cuz meh just not going to summon minions, and after killing plantera I saw release spores when ever hit was added and sudently I was no longer able to hit plantera the spores were taking up all the hit frames. is this on purpose? so people avoid wall builds?

(A wall regen build, is what I call the immovable heal soo much defense and life regen that all dmg is negated only works up to golem from what I can tell oh and potions up the wazooooooo ye can't forget the potion)

There is a hotkey in game to do that already! :)
"Toggle Accessory Mobility"
Hope that helps!
[doublepost=1516327232,1516327166][/doublepost]
That seems like it would require some kind of settings menu, like what Fargo's mod uses.
I'll look into it!
[doublepost=1516327340][/doublepost]
Hi can some one give me a confirmation on the following about the soul stone:

When ever the soul stone gets a buff that is release x when ever hit it seems those things remove the ability to hit bosses or enemies, before I was trying to kill plantera with a wall regen build, and using the summoner soul stone I noticed those eyes prevented me from actually hitting plantera with the sword, so I switched to paladin cuz meh just not going to summon minions, and after killing plantera I saw release spores when ever hit was added and sudently I was no longer able to hit plantera the spores were taking up all the hit frames. is this on purpose? so people avoid wall builds?

(A wall regen build, is what I call the immovable heal soo much defense and life regen that all dmg is negated only works up to golem from what I can tell oh and potions up the wazooooooo ye can't forget the potion)
Hm. I have not noticed that before. Are you sure you don't have any summons out?
If not, then I'm guessing Terraria is just coded so that you can't melee attack something when it is being hit by another projectile of yours. This is most likely not the case for other classes, though, as they are not affected by the minion glitch in vanilla.

Positive I didn't have any summons at the time, except the summon X from the soul stone, I can be 100% sure since I was unable to kill plantera with it equipt but unquip it and plantera went down as if it was the first boss in the game

Positive I didn't have any summons at the time, except the summon X from the soul stone, I can be 100% sure since I was unable to kill plantera with it equipt but unquip it and plantera went down as if it was the first boss in the game
Alright. I will look into it and let you know.

There is a hotkey in game to do that already! :)
"Toggle Accessory Mobility"
Hope that helps!
[doublepost=1516327232,1516327166][/doublepost]
I'll look into it!
[doublepost=1516327340][/doublepost]
Hm. I have not noticed that before. Are you sure you don't have any summons out?
If not, then I'm guessing Terraria is just coded so that you can't melee attack something when it is being hit by another projectile of yours. This is most likely not the case for other classes, though, as they are not affected by the minion glitch in vanilla.
This is a pretty good solution right now but I highly recommend you make a menu that you can toggle each effect individually. Also I tried the visual hotkey and it didn't do anything so is that part bugged?

This is a pretty good solution right now but I highly recommend you make a menu that you can toggle each effect individually. Also I tried the visual hotkey and it didn't do anything so is that part bugged?
The visual hotkey toggles visual effects, like Spelunker, Hunter, and Inferno.

Back
Top Bottom