The Goblin Tinkerer's AMA

Er, Changing, wrong pony, their name is Doctor Whooves, not Twili. Anyway, can you make me one?
If you're asking me to make a device that amplifies draconic power, it may take me some time, but I'll get to back to you on that as soon as I can.

I see. Well, guess that I'm not at risk of Goblins suddenly overpowering me with all the researches. *chuckle* Anyway, between grass and goblins, what do you choose?
I'd personally choose grass, just because there are very few goblins who are as advanced as me, and conversations can get quite dull:
Me: Have you guys seen my latest formula for the rocket launch tomorrow
Other Goblin: UGH, CHICKEN
Me: Well I've actually invented a device that transmogrifies beetles into chickens so that could help
Other Goblin: [pulls two beetles out of his nose] SHUT UP TRANSMOGIRIL! GIMME A CHICKENS!
Me: Ok I have an appointment, I'm just going to leave now [sprints out of the room and back to my lab]

Can you create a invisible armor so i can cross space without Wyerns And Harpys
It will be tricky to do this and I'm pretty sure most sky creatures have a ruined sense of sight from living so close to the sun. This means they rely on smell a lot more than other creatures so invisible armour probably won't help you avoid them. As far as I know, there has been no invisible materials invented yet in the world of terraria, but I guess you could try plating your armour with mirrors and then if you were high enough in the sky, you would just look like another part of the blue expanse

What's your opinion on the cyborg?
I think the cyborg is pretty cool, and I'm very proud of my favourite woman for making him so seamlessly. (though once again, I'm sure I could've done better myself, or at least me and the mechanic rather than the mechanic and the steampunker would've produced a much better result)

What do you know about Souls (of Light, Might etc.)? I'm curious about what I might learn about them from an intelligent goblins' perspective, especially considering how much of a rarity they are.

Well with souls, you really get just what it says on the package: they are the essence of whatever they say they are. All creatures in terraria have souls, whether they are pure or corrupted souls really depends on that certain creature and their values in life. Most creatures's souls are miscroscopic and intangible but there are a few exceptions.

My genius explanations:
The two world evils (corruption and crimson) are two of the most powerful and irrestible things in all of terraria. All the creatures that have been created by the pure evil of the corruption or crimson (such as eaters of souls and face monsters) have corrupted souls which makes these creatures evil too. Some creatures (mostly the oldest ones) have grown so powerful over time that their souls control them and grow into something tangible and visible to the naked eye. If you can defeat these creatures, their souls are released from their body, and you can pick them up and use them for whatever means you want.
The world evils also corrupt the souls of every creature that ventures into the underground corruption/crimson. This is why enemies like granite golems can also drop souls of night, because they have been corrupted just by walking too close to these incredible evils.
Souls of light work in a similar way, except the hallow purifies the souls of all it's occupants so they are good rather than evil. The oldest and most powerful hallow creatures can then drop their souls when they die, and these are souls of light.
Souls of flight are what flying creatures need to fly. It is not just their wings that lift them off the ground, but the very essence of their souls and how much willpower they have to fly. All flying creatures have these souls but once again, the oldest and most powerful flying creatures (all of which are wyverns) drop their souls as tangible items when they are slain.
These souls are the most powerful of all the tangible souls in terraria. The destroyer, the twins and skeletron prime all originally had souls of night inside them, but as they grew stronger and angrier, these souls manifested themselves into something even more evil. The mech bosses are such powerful forces in terraria that they have created their own brand of evil, but this mean that if you are brave and skilled enough to rob the mech bosses if their souls, you can make powerful tools and weapons with these incredible materials.

It appears we have another know-it-all in this room.

Greetings, mortal being. I am Scratch Lunin, Interdimensional Warrior and Know-It-All of the Multiverse (though like you mortals, I can still learn more). I'm sure you have quite a bit of knowledge in your brain, but here's where I come in. Do you happen to know about other sciences besides rocket science, such as quantum physics or chemistry? I happen to know a few things about aforementioned quantum physics, it is one of my quarks. (Seriously, I know a lot about atom.)

Anyway, one of my pals
@ModdedTerrarian might be interested in looking into you and your knowledge, as well as your species as a whole. Let me know what you think.

If you need me, I'll be in my realm in Superquadrant #7, in the Reality Half of the Multiverse.

What do you think about the clothier
I think he's a nice dude, though it makes my heart burn to think about the awful things he did to my mechanic in the dungeon.
But anyway, I make rocket boots, he makes clothes, I think that's all I need to say about that.
How will you use rocket science to get your gear better than wings again
They gave you boots, I gave you rocket boots. They gave you wings, I give you... umm, rocket wings I guess. I'm working on it.
how come your a goblin but also a tinkerer?
Well as I've said previously: I'm a very special case and I feel like the only explanation for my talents are my curiousity, hard work and of course, destiny.

It appears we have another know-it-all in this room.
Do you happen to know about other sciences besides rocket science, such as quantum physics or chemistry?
Well it's not everyday you meet a fellow genius! :)
As a full time genius, I do dabble in other disciplines and realms of science, though I am primarily an inventor and rocket scientist. If you had a question or a conversation topic, I'd be happy to give it my best shot.

one of my pals @ModdedTerrarian might be interested in looking into you and your knowledge, as well as your species as a whole. Let me know what you think.
I don't see anything wrong with that. I'd be happy to share my knowledge, but in my opinion, my species as a whole would be a waste of time to research. Asides from me, the goblin race is still struggling to discover fully functioning clothes, so I wouldn't suggest putting any effort into finding out more about them. You always could if you really really wanted to though.

I'm sure you have quite a bit of knowledge in your brain
I'm sure I do!
(love ya puns btw)

What do you think of Master Mode
I'm always up for a new challenge, and the better the rewards the better the inventions so I'm all for it.
What special food do goblins eat (recipes please).
Most goblins don't eat anything special. I haven't visited my tribe for ages but as far as I can remember, on friday nights we had the special meal of soggy shoe.
I know you asked for recipes but you can probably figure that one out on your own. They also like chicken.
No recipe for this except the most sophisticated goblins who use this recipe:
Ingredients:
One live chicken
Blood to season

Method:
Take the live chicken and kill it. Rip off it's leg and drench in blood.
Enjoy!

I'm always up for a new challenge, and the better the rewards the better the inventions so I'm all for it.

Most goblins don't eat anything special. I haven't visited my tribe for ages but as far as I can remember, on friday nights we had the special meal of soggy shoe.
I know you asked for recipes but you can probably figure that one out on your own. They also like chicken.
No recipe for this except the most sophisticated goblins who use this recipe:
Ingredients:
One live chicken
Blood to season

Method:
Take the live chicken and kill it. Rip off it's leg and drench in blood.
Enjoy!
I'm afraid to break it out, but Master mode is all foe stats+ no increased rewards.

Well, most dragons don't even need this recipe, they just eat the chicken whole if they're big enough. Anyway, if you found yourself in dragon body, defying 'your' logic, what would be your reaction?

I'm afraid to break it out, but Master mode is all foe stats+ no increased rewards.
Oh well, I did reply in the pretence that I'd actually played master mode before but you're probably right since it's what everyone on these forums seems to be saying.
Well, most dragons don't even need this recipe, they just eat the chicken whole if they're big enough. Anyway, if you found yourself in dragon body, defying 'your' logic, what would be your reaction?
I would make the most of the situation and probably collect resources I would never be able to in goblin form. (such as mist from the tops of mountains)

Well it's not everyday you meet a fellow genius! :)
As a full time genius, I do dabble in other disciplines and realms of science, though I am primarily an inventor and rocket scientist. If you had a question or a conversation topic, I'd be happy to give it my best shot.
If anything, you'd probably be asking me about whatever comes to your mind, but I suppose a conversation with someone such as yourself would prove to be... useful.
I don't see anything wrong with that. I'd be happy to share my knowledge, but in my opinion, my species as a whole would be a waste of time to research. Asides from me, the goblin race is still struggling to discover fully functioning clothes, so I wouldn't suggest putting any effort into finding out more about them. You always could if you really really wanted to though.
Oh believe me, there's more to your race then meets the eye. I should know (since I already do).
I'm sure I do!
(love ya puns btw)
I'm glad you appreciate them, I've got a pro-ton of them somewhere in my brain. I am the jo-king of puns after all.

Oh believe me, there's more to your race then meets the eye. I should know (since I already do).
I would love to hear some of these things since they really don't come across as all that important or interesting.

I'm glad you appreciate them, I've got a pro-ton of them somewhere in my brain. I am the jo-king of puns after all.
EDIT: I LOVED your puns (please note the past-tense)

Back
Top Bottom