The Last Post Wins!

Fair.
Why do I struggle to really see the issues with modern games though...
The main problem I have with them is one: the gimmicks being used by NPCs far too early (Dynamax in the first gym battle, Terastal in the second rival battle), and the devs wanting to try new things that clearly don't work out (Open world is not done very well in gen 9, IMO). Also, the new games feel less alive to me because in the old games, you could enter almost every house and building you saw, find NPCs with fun dialogue or an item to give. The new games, you can basically only enter shops and important locations, and most NPCs have stock dialogue.

The main problem I have with them is one: the gimmicks being used by NPCs far too early (Dynamax in the first gym battle, Terastal in the second rival battle), and the devs wanting to try new things that clearly don't work out (Open world is not done very well in gen 9, IMO). Also, the new games feel less alive to me because in the old games, you could enter almost every house and building you saw, find NPCs with fun dialogue or an item to give. The new games, you can basically only enter shops and important locations, and most NPCs have stock dialogue.
...Interesting.
Graphics barely matter to me, though. My brain's rather simple, in fact, so I'm not too concerned with things like immersion. I barely think about stuff like that, for some reason. If it's challenging, good. If it's interesting, cool. My brain hardly goes further than that.

...Interesting.
Graphics barely matter to me, though. My brain's rather simple, in fact, so I'm not too concerned with things like immersion. I barely think about stuff like that, for some reason. If it's challenging, good. If it's interesting, cool. My brain hardly goes further than that.
for me two things really matter other than being something I actually have interest in: Graphics (I like sprite-based a lot more) and immersion (the more random dialogue that was actually thought out, the better). And not removing random moves for no goddamn reason gimme my Hidden Power back Game Freak istg-

for me two things really matter other than being something I actually have interest in: Graphics (I like sprite-based a lot more) and immersion (the more random dialogue that was actually thought out, the better). And not removing random moves for no goddamn reason gimme my Hidden Power back Game Freak istg-
I find myself drawn to roguelikes in general, meanwhile.
The name of the game literally is challenge, and learning to overcome it.

I find myself drawn to roguelikes in general, meanwhile.
The name of the game literally is challenge, and learning to overcome it.
My main genres seem to be Terraria (idc that that's not a genre it is now) and Mystery Dungeon. Idk, something about the randomly generated floors is just really fun for me, as well as the challenges there are.
Also RPGs. Enough said.

My main genres seem to be Terraria (idc that that's not a genre it is now) and Mystery Dungeon. Idk, something about the randomly generated floors is just really fun for me, as well as the challenges there are.
Also RPGs. Enough said.
RPG's are pretty good for me too.
Even though I don't play much of them.

I agree with the open world and the thing about the buildings

I agree with the open world and the thing about the buildings
yey
Just
the stock dialogue is so lame and most NPCs just ignore you while in older games, you could talk to basically anyone and get something funny, or an item you didn't realize you could get from them, or just some neat tip

yey
Just
the stock dialogue is so lame and most NPCs just ignore you while in older games, you could talk to basically anyone and get something funny, or an item you didn't realize you could get from them, or just some neat tip
yeah
TBH I hope they make the next Region map size like Aloha's so they have more time for lil fun details like that, while keeping how good the story is with like how Gen 5 and S&V did it

Could I perhaps reccommend Enter the Gungeon?
I have tried it.
I suppose I have to mention I don't exactly like 'em all though. Enter the Gungeon's cool and stuff, but it's not one I particularly like, even if I don't see anything really wrong with it.
Risk of rain 2 and Dead Cells though...

Have both an actual deck and play Master Duel
Mkay. But not official games then?

I have tried it.
I suppose I have to mention I don't exactly like 'em all though. Enter the Gungeon's cool and stuff, but it's not one I particularly like, even if I don't see anything really wrong with it.
Risk of rain 2 and Dead Cells though...

Mkay. But not official games then?
Another fun one (in my opinion), is Dicey Dungeons. Leans into the RNG of it all and it's great

If you mean something like tournament games, then no. But I do duel my friends (and tend to get rolled)

Back
Top Bottom