Single Thread RP The Last ROLEPLAY Post Wins

(Due to current troubles with willingness to participate in combat scenarios in roleplays we'll be putting our characters in a sort of stasis until the battle is over. There is permission to force a character of ours into the battle by specifically targeting them, but don't expect much in terms of quality if that happens.
Sorry for the inconvenience!)
 
One of the fans would proceed to explode, sending out fragments which would stop the other fans enough for Jack to start moving down.
Meanwhile, he would be able to vaguely make out some sort of spider-like entity approaching, however it would proceed to stop just beyond the range of his light as soon as he turns to face it.
He contemplates shutting off his light for a second.. before thinking better of it, leaping into the now opened shaft and activating the small thruster on his back, his jumpkit allowing him to slide down the wall with ease.
And the door... is locked. It may take some cutting to get through...
The front machine steps back as the other two begin to work on using their melee weapons to melt it apart along its frame. (2 posts until the door is ready to be kicked in.)

About halfway through the first hallway, a pair of discs would extend from the ceiling, revealing low-profile turrets which proceed to open fire on the heavy unit with what appears to be Coral beams... (D20: 5, 13)
(3, 7) And the heavy until is damaged pretty significantly by these before retreating from the room, now sparking and riddled with massive burning wounds.

It peeks around the corner, attempting to dispatch both turrets with a shoulder mounted single small yield missile. (12)

The other units wait around the corner as well, prepared to rush in.

Three vehicles launched from the moon's surface immediately move to intercept, a railgun slug being fired ahead of Xylith to force him to slow down and confront the units.
They appear to be somewhat missile-like in design, but slightly more angular, and with three wing-like radiators projecting out from them.
He comes to a dead stop with a massive counterfire of his thrusters before assessing these vehicles.

He deploys his axe in his offhand while charging his railgun, hovering in place as he attempts to figure out their projected flight paths..
 
Tempor growls in pain, still trying to claw off the...marks. (D20: 12)
(19 - 5 = 14) And while he makes some progress, it still seems to be eating away at his face..
Eve cries out, surprised.
"SERAPH!"
The machine is lying silent and dark on his side against a tree, steaming and sparking.
Pol, caught with the blast of heat, hisses, the pain alien to her. Her left eye flickers purple though, and she, with a quick burst of magic, Stops the air nearby to counteract the blazing heat, fortunately managing to protect Eve, who seems to be preparing something with the pendant on her cloak. (D20: Yes.)
Pol levels her guns, firing off two quick shots at the Iudex (D20: 15, 14).
(19, 1) The Iudex blocks one of the shots with a wing, but the second nails the eye on his hand, shattering it, and causing his draconic arm to explode from just below the elbow downwards, spewing black flames everywhere. (12)

With a screeching from the injured abomination, the air immediately cools, all of the spread fire immediately dying.

The Iudex stumbles backwards as his big arm slowly begins to regenerate, a skeletal version of it's previous splendor slowly taking shape.

His skin is notably growing pale.


Garundel sees an opportunity, first swinging at the Iudex's head with his huge stone whip, and then quickly swapping back to his own sword, raining down the huge rocks at the Iudex afterwards. (19, 7)

(10, 16) The Iudex is slammed across the head on the draconic side, most of the morphed black mass sluffing off, leaving just the horn and some of the jagged teeth on the side, the rest a flattened mass of black which quickly morphs back into its rotted state. He blocks the stones with his huge wings, which are torn to shreds on account of how thin they are, quickly vanishing from his back in puffs of black mist.

He staggers back, letting out a much more human groaning noise as his white pupils flicker for a moment, his huge tail swaying a bit.


"Such opposition was not part of my Duty.."

His tail sluffs off entirely, returning to a black mist which fades into his body, the spikes along his back all but disappearing as well.

His current wounds quickly knit themselves shut, with his sword arm fully regenerating with ease, his rapier already back in his grip, coated in black flames.

His huge arm also finishes regenerating, that and his slightly malformed face the only twisted parts of his body remaining.

His posture seems to regain its powerful stature, bolstered by lowering his outgoing usage of the strange black fire..
 
(19 - 5 = 14) And while he makes some progress, it still seems to be eating away at his face..
Tempor continues trying to claw it off carefully now.
(D20: 15)

The machine is lying silent and dark on his side against a tree, steaming and sparking.

(19, 1) The Iudex blocks one of the shots with a wing, but the second nails the eye on his hand, shattering it, and causing his draconic arm to explode from just below the elbow downwards, spewing black flames everywhere. (12)

With a screeching from the injured abomination, the air immediately cools, all of the spread fire immediately dying.

The Iudex stumbles backwards as his big arm slowly begins to regenerate, a skeletal version of it's previous splendor slowly taking shape.

His skin is notably growing pale.


Garundel sees an opportunity, first swinging at the Iudex's head with his huge stone whip, and then quickly swapping back to his own sword, raining down the huge rocks at the Iudex afterwards. (19, 7)

(10, 16) The Iudex is slammed across the head on the draconic side, most of the morphed black mass sluffing off, leaving just the horn and some of the jagged teeth on the side, the rest a flattened mass of black which quickly morphs back into its rotted state. He blocks the stones with his huge wings, which are torn to shreds on account of how thin they are, quickly vanishing from his back in puffs of black mist.

He staggers back, letting out a much more human groaning noise as his white pupils flicker for a moment, his huge tail swaying a bit.


"Such opposition was not part of my Duty.."

His tail sluffs off entirely, returning to a black mist which fades into his body, the spikes along his back all but disappearing as well.

His current wounds quickly knit themselves shut, with his sword arm fully regenerating with ease, his rapier already back in his grip, coated in black flames.

His huge arm also finishes regenerating, that and his slightly malformed face the only twisted parts of his body remaining.

His posture seems to regain its powerful stature, bolstered by lowering his outgoing usage of the strange black fire..
Pol coughs out a bit of Davk, immediately feeling a bit sick and...paralysed as she falls onto her wings, left eye flickering purple weakly.

Draucon, coughing once too upon noticing he's no longer on fire, gets back up. Eve is focusing on her Vision, still building up..magic.
Draucon clenches his burnt right fist, before, with his axe over his left shoulder, dashing up to the Iudex to go for another swing at his neck. Which is...obviously telegraphed. (D20: 2)

However, the lightning bolt shot at the Iudex right after is not. (D20: 20)
 
Tempor continues trying to claw it off carefully now.
(D20: 15)
(12 - 10 = 2) And it finally comes off, sputtering out.
Pol coughs out a bit of Davk, immediately feeling a bit sick and...paralysed as she falls onto her wings, left eye flickering purple weakly.

Draucon, coughing once too upon noticing he's no longer on fire, gets back up. Eve is focusing on her Vision, still building up..magic.
Draucon clenches his burnt right fist, before, with his axe over his left shoulder, dashing up to the Iudex to go for another swing at his neck. Which is...obviously telegraphed. (D20: 2)
In response, the Iudex swings his head at the blade, slamming it into the axe as it makes contact with his head, the raw strength behind the headbutt likely disarming Draucon again.

He prepares to thrust his rapier at him, but-

However, the lightning bolt shot at the Iudex right after is not. (D20: 20)
Has to block instead, his draconic arm being blown apart in the forearm area, but quickly beginning to reform, the hand hanging limply on. (14)

In this time, the Iudex does go through with his attack on Draucon, lunging at him, first attempting a slash at his legs before an elbow strike aimed at the head. (8, 19)
 
(12 - 10 = 2) And it finally comes off, sputtering out.

In response, the Iudex swings his head at the blade, slamming it into the axe as it makes contact with his head, the raw strength behind the headbutt likely disarming Draucon again.
Indeed it does, since it's not his dominant hand.

He prepares to thrust his rapier at him, but-

Has to block instead, his draconic arm being blown apart in the forearm area, but quickly beginning to reform, the hand hanging limply on. (14)

In this time, the Iudex does go through with his attack on Draucon, lunging at him, first attempting a slash at his legs before an elbow strike aimed at the head. (8, 19)
The slashes cut into his legs a bit, but his scales deflect most of the blow as Draucon shifts himself enough out of the way. The elbow strike nails him dead on in the face though, and Draucon is knocked right out from the blow, sent flying a bit away. (D20: 6, 7)

"DRAUCON!"
"POL!"

Eve dashes over to Pol's side to...try and put herself between the Iudex and Pol, who's currently shuddering on the ground, barely able to move, but apparently beginning to recover.

Tempor, meanwhile, finally recovered, steps forward to stomp on the ground, sending a massive earth spike tower stabbing up from the ground at the Iudex from below (D20: 11).
 
The slashes cut into his legs a bit, but his scales deflect most of the blow as Draucon shifts himself enough out of the way. The elbow strike nails him dead on in the face though, and Draucon is knocked right out from the blow, sent flying a bit away. (D20: 6, 7)

"DRAUCON!"
"POL!"

Eve dashes over to Pol's side to...try and put herself between the Iudex and Pol, who's currently shuddering on the ground, barely able to move, but apparently beginning to recover.

Tempor, meanwhile, finally recovered, steps forward to stomp on the ground, sending a massive earth spike tower stabbing up from the ground at the Iudex from below (D20: 11).
He seems to at least partially anticipate it, heaving himself into the air with his huge hand.. the earth spike impaling and destroying his enlarged arm entirely.. (2)

It vanishes in a black mist, the stump of his arm already forming back into its previous limb as he lands on the ground.

His still slightly misshapen face is now the only thing that remains, the horn and crooked smile nothing more than aesthetics at this point.

He grasps his blade in both hands now.


"It would seem only one of us here is fully able to withstand the might of the-" (6)


A low and droning hum fills the air as the Iudex's sword is torn from his grasp, (15) suddenly shattering as if torn apart.

Seraph, now outside of his mech, stands at the edge of the clearing, bleeding from a wound in his side as the augmentation on the back of his head glows brightly green, a loud droning filling the air.

The shards are then fired back at their user, speeding like bullets. (7)


The Iudex, still in shock, is shredded like cheese. (2)

He stumbles back, bleeding profusely from dozens of small holes all across his body now..


Father Garundel accentuates this attack by firing forward his own sword in a slash, aiming at the Iudex's right shoulder. (3)

However, the Iudex is able to react in time, grasping the blade in his palm, and sliding back as it cuts deeply into his hand, the flames incredibly slow on the uptake.

His remaining body morphing fades away.. his eyes beginning to dim.


"... No.. surely my duty did not-.."
 
He seems to at least partially anticipate it, heaving himself into the air with his huge hand.. the earth spike impaling and destroying his enlarged arm entirely.. (2)

It vanishes in a black mist, the stump of his arm already forming back into its previous limb as he lands on the ground.

His still slightly misshapen face is now the only thing that remains, the horn and crooked smile nothing more than aesthetics at this point.

He grasps his blade in both hands now.


"It would seem only one of us here is fully able to withstand the might of the-" (6)


A low and droning hum fills the air as the Iudex's sword is torn from his grasp, (15) suddenly shattering as if torn apart.

Seraph, now outside of his mech, stands at the edge of the clearing, bleeding from a wound in his side as the augmentation on the back of his head glows brightly green, a loud droning filling the air.

The shards are then fired back at their user, speeding like bullets. (7)


The Iudex, still in shock, is shredded like cheese. (2)

He stumbles back, bleeding profusely from dozens of small holes all across his body now..


Father Garundel accentuates this attack by firing forward his own sword in a slash, aiming at the Iudex's right shoulder. (3)

However, the Iudex is able to react in time, grasping the blade in his palm, and sliding back as it cuts deeply into his hand, the flames incredibly slow on the uptake.

His remaining body morphing fades away.. his eyes beginning to dim.


"... No.. surely my duty did not-.."
With a loud roar, Tempor dashes forward to bend down and breathe a powerful jet of flame onto the Iudex (D20: 18).
 
With a loud roar, Tempor dashes forward to bend down and breathe a powerful jet of flame onto the Iudex (D20: 18).
He raises an arm to block.. (15) subsequently melting the entire arm in a matter of moments, and leaving huge burns all across his body.

He seems to be near unable to regenerate now, only little curls of black wisps tracing slowly and lazily across his gaping wounds.

Staggering a bit.. he sees his bracelet along the ground dashing to it and scooping it up before clasping his fist around it.


"Forgive me, Darkness.. for I have been unable to fulfill my Duty."

He seems to.. glitch? His outline wavers for a second before he suddenly vanishes, there one moment, entirely gone the next.

And then he is gone.

A thin trail of blood leads off into the woods.


Father Garundel lets out a loud, exhausted sigh.

Seraph's head augmentation shuts off, the ringing ending as he looks wide eyed at the carnage left by the Iudex.

Holding his side as his wound still trickles blood, he walks over towards the injured Pol and Draucon, visibly worried.
 
He raises an arm to block.. (15) subsequently melting the entire arm in a matter of moments, and leaving huge burns all across his body.

He seems to be near unable to regenerate now, only little curls of black wisps tracing slowly and lazily across his gaping wounds.

Staggering a bit.. he sees his bracelet along the ground dashing to it and scooping it up before clasping his fist around it.


"Forgive me, Darkness.. for I have been unable to fulfill my Duty."

He seems to.. glitch? His outline wavers for a second before he suddenly vanishes, there one moment, entirely gone the next.

And then he is gone.

A thin trail of blood leads off into the woods.
Tempor, after the big move, just falls to the ground with a thud, awake still but visibly exhausted.

Father Garundel lets out a loud, exhausted sigh.

Seraph's head augmentation shuts off, the ringing ending as he looks wide eyed at the carnage left by the Iudex.

Holding his side as his wound still trickles blood, he walks over towards the injured Pol and Draucon, visibly worried.
Pol fortunately, gets up and back on her small, stubby feet, panting, then wincing as she puts a wing to her head.
"...o-ow..."
Eve picks Pol up to set the bat on her shoulder.

Draucon, meanwhile, starts to stir, groaning.
 
Omega, expecting this, does manage to barrel roll his ship out of the way - still taking a serious hit along the side, which fortunately the ship is shielded against. Except, now the shield's completely down. (D20: 2)

In response, Omega's ship turns invisible.
<What a waste of a ship...>
It tails Xylith...
<I wonder if it has the means to detect our ship now...>
(What exactly is meant by invisible here?
As in, merely invisible to light?
As if so that... is near useless but okay.
Or do you mean some additional countermeasures?)
 
(But then doesn’t that just.. show a giant signal well on their radars..? 💀)
(Radar detects things by having the signal bounce back from whatever it hits, so considering this is in space, not getting a return would actually probably be expected, although I guess if Omega's ship is in front of something that does normally give a return then that's a whole other thing.)
 
(Radar detects things by having the signal bounce back from whatever it hits, so considering this is in space, not getting a return would actually probably be expected, although I guess if Omega's ship is in front of something that does normally give a return then that's a whole other thing.)
(Said thing being Fluxxation’s several mile long ship… even though it’s very far off..)

(I might just be stupid..)
 
Tempor, after the big move, just falls to the ground with a thud, awake still but visibly exhausted.
Garundel slowly moves over to him, a look of mild concern on his old and weathered face.

“Well done Tempor.. are you alright?”

He then turns his head to the blood trail, his brow furrowing slightly.

Pol fortunately, gets up and back on her small, stubby feet, panting, then wincing as she puts a wing to her head.
"...o-ow..."
Eve picks Pol up to set the bat on her shoulder.

Draucon, meanwhile, starts to stir, groaning.
Seraph jogs over, a bit crooked due to the gripping of his bleeding side.

“Draucon?!”
 
Garundel slowly moves over to him, a look of mild concern on his old and weathered face.

“Well done Tempor.. are you alright?”

He then turns his head to the blood trail, his brow furrowing slightly.
Tempor's eyes weakly turn to them.
<<...I will be fine...>>
<<i am just tired.>>

Seraph jogs over, a bit crooked due to the gripping of his bleeding side.

“Draucon?!”
Draucon manages to sit up, good hand on his burnt arm already.
"...what."
Eve walks over.
"...Are you..alright?"
"...I'm fine."
 
Back
Top Bottom