tModLoader The Lunatic

Is there a way to stop the apocalypse event once its started(without a new world/deleting mod)?

Is there a way to stop the apocalypse event once its started(without a new world/deleting mod)?
Not currently. If there eventually is, it may involve sacrificing something you won't get back (until the challenge is complete, at least), like town NPCs or something.

Currently, you can avoid having the apocalypse occur completely by defeating a progression-relevant boss (EoW/BoC or greater) before having the Lunatic move into your town (or simply start playing on a world having progressed as such).

Last edited:
What I did when the apocalypse actually started was disable the mod while this removes the npc and event it makes the world actually playable again.
But why install a mod that implements a lose condition (and only if you want it for your given world) if you don't want to lose?

But why install a mod that implements a lose condition (and only if you want it for your given world) if you don't want to lose?
To be fair and honest I only wanted to see what it did. I didn't quite want to base my actual playing of terraria off of how fast i could get each mask. I like to take my game nice and slow.

My Lunatic died from my destroyer while I was killing it and it won't spawn back.. I see that you mentioned
  • You'll need a relatively fresh world to play this. The Lunatic won't spawn if you've killed any of the main bosses.
So.. I need to get a new world?

My Lunatic died from my destroyer while I was killing it and it won't spawn back.. I see that you mentioned
  • You'll need a relatively fresh world to play this. The Lunatic won't spawn if you've killed any of the main bosses.
So.. I need to get a new world?
Send me the world file. This might be a bug.

I mean only it won't initially spawn. You'd get some kind of textual notification of this, as well.

I'm working on a way to account for existing bosses in other mods. This could end up being either relatively simple, or really daunting.
If you ever do decide/plan on adding mod support, I'm sure people on the official Discords would be happy to help with questions on mod progression and other stuff (like me!).

Me and a friend are also currently writing several mod wikis which could come useful to you.

Should be Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Worlds
Okay, I have found it and I give you the world with the .wld at the end right? Also.. Do I send you the world? And also my world has "ended" so.. It kinda pointless to continue I'll just help you with this bug. I had 12 days left and The Lunatic died when I was fighting the Destoryer and I beat all the way up to the golem in 12 days. I feel proud!

Last edited:
Okay, I have found it and I give you the world with the .wld at the end right? Also.. Do I send you the world? And also my world has "ended" so.. It kinda pointless to continue I'll just help you with this bug. I had 12 days left and The Lunatic died when I was fighting the Destoryer and I beat all the way up to the golem in 12 days. I feel proud!
The world file should also include a .twld file with it. I think the forum only allows uploading .zip files, so they'll both need to be zipped together.

Bumping this thread to say I love this mod. It's weird, the time limit stands in total contrast to every sandbox and collection element the game has, but I like the urgency and stress it brings. It's certainly a motivation to get moving, that's for sure.

I'm not playing with default settings. I've doubled the starting time limit and the time gained per mask, just so there's some leniency to go kill every boss from every other mod I have, too.

v1.1.1
  • Implemented support for custom modded bosses via. dynamic boss masks. Note: Masks for modded bosses currently do not count towards required progression, but are still accepted by the Lunatic to forestall the apocalypse.
  • Added Betsy to required boss set.
  • Fixed sky tint opacity problem.
  • Added sound for quake fx.
  • Added various useful config settings.
  • Slightly increased default time gain from hardmode boss kills.
Note for modders: Custom bosses will NOT drop masks if they do not properly define a minimap head sprite. Also, custom boss summon items are not currently recognized for the Lunatic to sell and any mask items made explicitly for them to drop (not the dynamic one that currently drops) are not recognized by the Lunatic. I may later add an API to allow custom bosses to be configured both to map them to their summon item and any custom masks, as well as implement required progression (e.g. post Moon Lord bosses).

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.1.1.zip
    291.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I'm trying to trigger the apocalypse on purpose now on a new world, but I can't seem to make it happen. Setting the "days until" setting to 2 and then waiting isn't really seeming to work, and when it was at the default ten, I seemed to pass more than that while idling and playing my 3DS without a single change to the sky and not a tremor to be seen. Is something broken, or does time start only when the first mask is turned in, or is it still trying to read my old config of 30 days I've since deleted, or what's going on, here?

I'm trying to trigger the apocalypse on purpose now on a new world, but I can't seem to make it happen. Setting the "days until" setting to 2 and then waiting isn't really seeming to work, and when it was at the default ten, I seemed to pass more than that while idling and playing my 3DS without a single change to the sky and not a tremor to be seen. Is something broken, or does time start only when the first mask is turned in, or is it still trying to read my old config of 30 days I've since deleted, or what's going on, here?
Has the lunatic NPC arrived in your town?

Yes. He's sitting in there waiting for masks I'm not giving to him. I may try to totally wipe the mod and redownload it, let it generate a new config and everything.
Don't bother. I believe there's a bug here, I'm working on a fix. Thanks for discovering it.

Edit:

v1.1.2

• Several bug fixes, including some critical ones.

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.1.2.zip
    295 KB · Views: 143
Tried a run, died against the Wall of Flesh. I used almost vanilla and had the brilliant idea to go melee. Melee, with a mod that prevents you to have time to prepare what so ever... Melee, Wall of Flesh, Expert. Enough said.

Really fun mod, even if it's not my cup of tea, not having time and always running? Tried and that did me no good... Perhaps it would be interesting to have some kind of Clock of Doom to see exactly how much time we have left. Otherwise, I'm not a pro, but I think that some more time gained when claiming a boss mask would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom