• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

tModLoader The Thorium Mod

AdipemDragon

Steampunker
Where did you guys Even Get that the next content update is the last? The last content update will involve a huge rework of the Ragnarök, and we haven't even touched on that yet! All I can say is that this upcoming update is a pretty big one and that it'll focus on enriching the world.

RadioctiveTaco

Terrarian
DivermanSam say time ago that thorium will reach its end on his final update..... and his post on the first thread says the content of it in "final update features" section.
actually, now that I think about it, maybe that's just a list of things he wants done before the mod is complete. It might not mean that the next update is the last.

Donald Duck

Terrarian
So how do you get Celestial Fragments and Shooting Star Fragments? Do they have their own pillars? Probably been answered before, but forgive me for not searching through 500 pages.

So how do you get Celestial Fragments and Shooting Star Fragments? Do they have their own pillars? Probably been answered before, but forgive me for not searching through 500 pages.
They either drop from the four existing Pillars or are made of their Fragments. I can’t remember which.

Edit: How does autocorrect see ‘made’ as ‘Kandance’.

Donald Duck

Terrarian
They either drop from the four existing Pillars or are made of their Fragments. I can’t remember which.

Edit: How does autocorrect see ‘made’ as ‘Kandance’.
You know, that's a great question. Anywho, thanks. On the wiki, it says that they "drop from the Celestial Pillars", so it's most likely your first option.

Would it be difficult to add two other pillars for both classes? Is there any other reason why it hasn't happened? Just wondering if anyone can tell me.

Turkeybacon

Terrarian
You know, that's a great question. Anywho, thanks. On the wiki, it says that they "drop from the Celestial Pillars", so it's most likely your first option.

Would it be difficult to add two other pillars for both classes? Is there any other reason why it hasn't happened? Just wondering if anyone can tell me.
They originally intended to but it wasn’t implemented. Perhaps it was too buggy or didn’t work right.

ÐarkŁight

Steampunker
There are several problems with adding new celestial towers:
  • Where do you put them on the map?
  • How do you properly make them work with the other towers?
  • What if another mod adds another tower?
These and many more are may be the reasons why celestial towers for the new classes haven't been added.

Turkeybacon

Terrarian
These and many more are may be the reasons why celestial towers for the new classes haven't been added.
I just realized I was thinking of spirit mod not thorium. So yeah I could see some conflicting problems of every mod did implement towers.

Audrina2k

Terrarian
Hey, Diver!! It's been awhile since I've stopped by, but Oh my gosh, that Ancient Drachma is SO cute. I also like that those scythes are now in chests. GREAT job.

KBitegp

Skeletron
I just realized I was thinking of spirit mod not thorium. So yeah I could see some conflicting problems of every mod did implement towers.
well Tremor DID add a celetial pillar to the mix, and it ended up being more than irrelevant. so I guess it's best if we don't touch the vanilla events code-wise

Smelly

Terrarian
Does the mage hand, Ogre Sandals, or crash boots work on other players in PVP or otherwise?

Last edited:

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
Hey, Diver!! It's been awhile since I've stopped by, but Oh my gosh, that Ancient Drachma is SO cute. I also like that those scythes are now in chests. GREAT job.
It seems the pets are always cuter compared to their sources, like those based off of enemies. Come to think of it, I ended up using that particular pet quite a bit.

I had mixed results with the dungeon items being put in chests. There's always a chance none will spawn at all. In that case, you have to create fishing hole in the dungeon which has a rather high spawn rate, than there's a small chance of actually getting a dungeon crate. There's even a smaller chance of it containing a lockbox and even still smaller chance to give a Thorium dungeon item. Various mods, including one I made that makes dungeon crates always contain at least one lockbox, makes this process so much easier.

Audrina2k

Terrarian
It seems the pets are always cuter compared to their sources, like those based off of enemies. Come to think of it, I ended up using that particular pet quite a bit.

I had mixed results with the dungeon items being put in chests. There's always a chance none will spawn at all. In that case, you have to create fishing hole in the dungeon which has a rather high spawn rate, than there's a small chance of actually getting a dungeon crate. There's even a smaller chance of it containing a lockbox and even still smaller chance to give a Thorium dungeon item. Various mods, including one I made that makes dungeon crates always contain at least one lockbox, makes this process so much easier.
Those scythes were cluttering up my inventory. I like to praise, and felt bad asking someone how to turn something off the other day- which I never do. I know how much work goes into what they do, so I REALLY appreciate everything. Diver has been, next to Grox, my favorite modder in this community. He always is full of surprises how he's constantly making his mod just that much more balanced. True, the scythe might not spawn. Before, however, I would have a ton of them.

Rgmemo

Terrarian
I cannot wait to see what they are going to do about the Bard class. I love this class but in my opinion it needs a bit of work still. Like I know its a support class but the damage output pre hardmode seems a bit low.
Classes shouldn't be "intended for multiplayer". All it does is lock people out of content if they aren't constantly playing with other people because the classes (healer in particular) are objectively worse than the vanilla classes in singleplayer. I don't see the point in advertising 2 new classes (3 if you count Throwing since it was made semi viable) and then leaving them with half the efficiency outside of a select game-type.

Turkeybacon

Terrarian
Classes shouldn't be "intended for multiplayer". All it does is lock people out of content if they aren't constantly playing with other people because the classes (healer in particular) are objectively worse than the vanilla classes in singleplayer. I don't see the point in advertising 2 new classes (3 if you count Throwing since it was made semi viable) and then leaving them with half the efficiency outside of a select game-type.
I think the added classes are really fun and have some identity to them because they’re focused around multiplayer. Support by design means to help out other players, so naturally they wouldn’t be as strong as pure dps classes.

However, perhaps for single player the player should be able to be disable healer and bard items if they only want single player viable items to drop. (Though bard is honestly alright for solo imo)

Last edited:

KBitegp

Skeletron
I think the added classes are really fun and have some identity to them because they’re focused around multiplayer. Support by design means to help out other players, so naturally they wouldn’t be as strong as pure dps classes.

However, perhaps for single player the player should be able to be disable healer and bard items if they only want single player viable items to drop. (Though bard is honestly alright for solo imo)
to be honest, the simple fact that they are not meant for dps makes them a fun class to solo due to the challenge that ensues. but yeah, Bard is alright for singleplayer

NKSHV

Terrarian
Hello. I found an item "loot-a-rang" in chest from thorium mod and it deals infinite damage (like 7 000 000) to every mob. Also reported in discord bugs thread

Top Bottom