• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Cheshire1981

Terrarian
My grim pointer sent me to a random area of the underground that wasn't the blood chamber, but upon viewing the full map I found that I did have a Blood Chamber a good distance below where the pointer was sending me.
Same happened to me, in the picture attached you can see where the grim pointer was guiding me to (green circle - nervermind that I died there) and where the blood chamber actually was...
Thankfully I was able to find it, would have been a shame to miss out on Viscount

AdipemDragon

Steampunker
-=NyanDiamond=- Vonkun teethewicked Cheshire1981
It is a currently known problem regarding worlds generated with both Thorium and Calamity at once, in which, due to an assumed recent internal change in how Calamity handles its vanilla worldgen modifications, the coordinates the Grim Pointer saves in order to reference when pointing to the Blood Chamber get dragged along with the extended world space they add for hwhatever their biome above Space is. I don't really have any actual thing to say about how this whole disaster might get fixed but at least I'm putting the source of the issue out there for others to hopefully see.

Cheshire1981

Terrarian
Thanks, that explains alot... at least we can safely assume that, if the grim pointer points to a specific point, the blood chamber is about 100 blocks below the location the pointer points to...
if a mod could check if another mod is active (thorium checking for calamity) it would be easy to fix the grim pointer by just adjusting the y-coordinate... but for now it's sufficient to know where to look for the blood chamber :)

Xemiel

Terrarian
I'm curious, has there been any thought [or rejection thereof ^_^] to making additional Celestial Pillars? Having new pillars would actually be very interesting, since there's at least two new sets of fragments. I'd love to see what kinds of monsters would spawn at the bard and healer pillars, too.

Proxiehunter

Terrarian
I'm curious, has there been any thought [or rejection thereof ^_^] to making additional Celestial Pillars? Having new pillars would actually be very interesting, since there's at least two new sets of fragments. I'd love to see what kinds of monsters would spawn at the bard and healer pillars, too.
Since Thorium is considered to be completed I don't think anything that big is likely to be added.

Xemiel

Terrarian
Ah well, was worth a shot. I still think it'd be a beautiful addition to the mod, but I'm sure everybody and their grandmother's got suggestions. Still, a guy can dream ;)

JimboTex

Spazmatism
Ah well, was worth a shot. I still think it'd be a beautiful addition to the mod, but I'm sure everybody and their grandmother's got suggestions. Still, a guy can dream ;)
As interesting an idea as it might be to add Celestial Pillars to a mod, I doubt any mod developer is going to seriously consider it. Tremor has tried it, but the results... well... left a lot to be desired, from what I understand from reading comments by people who've played Tremor. (Then again, Tremor had a lot of problems to begin with, so maybe it's not the best example...)

The biggest obstacle to adding Celestial Pillars to a mod is the logistics. The vanilla pillars are typically spread pretty evenly throughout the world, so you'd be hard pressed to squeeze in a fifth pillar (or, heaven forbid, a sixth pillar) without seriously complicating the code behind the Lunar Events. Just for starters, the most likely spot for a fifth pillar to spawn with minimal disruption to the spawn points of the other pillars would be right above world spawn, where most players put their bases.

So it's a nice idea, but getting it to work properly would likely be horrendously infeasible.

Xemiel

Terrarian
... sometimes I forget people play on Small worlds. For a moment I was very confused about the idea of the pillars being too close to one another, but I haven't played on anything but a Large world in years ^_^;;;;;

I'm curious what went wrong with Tremor's pillar, but I didn't much care for Tremor the one time I tried it, so *shrugs* Oh well.

Sasha Drakovi

Steampunker
I appear to be experiencing a Bug where the mod specific Biome Keys aren't dropping. Dunno if its a mod conflict or if the latest update broke key drops. after some testing the mods that could be causing the conflict are Calamity or one of Fargo's mods.

Last edited:

Dragonwep

Terrarian
I appear to be experiencing a Bug where the mod specific Biome Keys aren't dropping. Dunno if its a mod conflict or if the latest update broke key drops. after some testing the mods that could be causing the conflict are Calamity or one of Fargo's mods.
I'm having the same problem. I've been farming for them the lava/desert key and still haven't found one.

Sasha Drakovi

Steampunker
I'm having the same problem. I've been farming for them the lava/desert key and still haven't found one.
After a bit of experimenting, using multiple mods and different ammounts of spawn rate boosting it seems to be that one of the latest updates broke the drop rate for the keys. only mods i had on this time were thorium and Cheat sheet. last time it was Fargo mutant, Fargo souls, and Calamity, with and without music.

Dragonwep

Terrarian
After a bit of experimenting, using multiple mods and different ammounts of spawn rate boosting it seems to be that one of the latest updates broke the drop rate for the keys. only mods i had on this time were thorium and Cheat sheet. last time it was Fargo mutant, Fargo souls, and Calamity, with and without music.
Rip. o7 Thank you for your service now I guess I would need to sacrifice items and spawn it in. I really don't like cheating ._.

Spazzle Weed

Terrarian
Hey guys, have been getting an interesting crash. Will upload the images and log here. In the log it says something to do with Thorium?
[doublepost=1548543241,1548543078][/doublepost]Whelp, I can't add a file. How best to do that?

Edit - I'll just post the text.

[22:54:40] [14/INFO] [Terraria]: Entering world with player: Ollie, IsCloud=False
[22:55:17] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at ThoriumMod.Items.BardResourceDisplay.ModifyTooltips(Item item, List`1 list)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.ModifyTooltips(Item item, Int32& numTooltips, String[] names, String[]& text, Boolean[]& modifier, Boolean[]& badModifier, Int32& oneDropLogo, Nullable`1[]& overrideColor)
at Terraria.Main.MouseText_DrawItemTooltip(Int32 rare, Byte diff, Int32 X, Int32 Y)
at Terraria.Main.MouseText(String cursorText, Int32 rare, Byte diff, Int32 hackedMouseX, Int32 hackedMouseY, Int32 hackedScreenWidth, Int32 hackedScreenHeight)
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface_33_MouseText()
at Terraria.Main.<SetupDrawInterfaceLayers>b__1626_29()
at Terraria.UI.LegacyGameInterfaceLayer.DrawSelf()
at Terraria.UI.GameInterfaceLayer.Draw()
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix)
[22:55:17] [1/ERROR] [Terraria]: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix)
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
[22:55:17] [1/FATAL] [Terraria]: Main engine crash

Xemiel

Terrarian
Found a small bug, but I happened to be mining up a meteorite crash site when a blood moon rose, and I started getting all of the Thorium-specific blood moon enemies. Meteor biomes are supposed to override all other spawns, so technically none of those other mobs should be spawning.

ETA: Found a second small bug. I just replaced one of my house's beds with a Yew Wood Bed, and it's no longer valid housing.

Last edited:

Psyclonic

Terrarian
Anyone have experience with creating artificial Aquatic Depth Biome? Having trouble getting it to turn even though I feel like I've got plenty of blocks...

Edit:

Looks like you need >700 blocks to make the biome. Sheesh... Way more than most other biomes. Good to know =)

Last edited:

charlee

Terrarian
I love the Conduit Armor and would like to use a martian weapon that would benefit from its +martian weapon stat. Any idea what weapons fall under that?

Top Bottom