THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, for some reason the screen is like, a bright cyan/blue, it's Really hard to see
too bright! my eyes!.PNG

I remember you were considering adding items drop rates/drop location and recipe editing to the software in your 2.0 release but I suppose that didn't make the cut.

Are there any plans to adding any of these?

This patcher is very impressive, but I've encountered a very minor issue, being that if I press the "Tweak and Launch" button in the Dashboard, the program returns an error stating "TTApplicator failed to start, please diagnose". Luckily, I can still launch TTApplicator manually and have it function normally.

The Omnipatcher acts a little weird with the "Gray" rarity, which, according to the wiki, would be a rarity of -1. The omnipatcher sees this as a rarity of 1 instead. According to the wiki, that rarity of 1 is actually the "Blue" rarity. This means scanning items of either rarities will view the attibute as 1.

The Miscellaneous Tweak of Custom Max Health seems capped at 10,000. This information could potentially be added to the description of the tweak.
If I may ask, could this cap be set even higher, or would this result in instability?

The Miscellaneous Tweak of Superpowers is a little vague with the Crits section. The Superpower description makes it sound like it's multiplying the damage of a critical hit, but the way the critical boosters aren't in the "factors" category suggests it increases critical hit chance. I'd suggest changing the name of the modification from "Boost Crits by ____" to something a little more specific.

Even then, this is an amazing patcher. Keep up the good work!

The current path of Terraria Tweaker 2 along with TTApplicator is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Terraria Tweaker 2\TTApplicator.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Terraria Tweaker 2\Terraria Tweaker 2.exe

I can reproduce this issue at will.
I've attached the debug log as requested. The name of the user within was modified to Roflcopter6k due to the user being named within the paths. This shouldn't be a problem, though.

I've noticed that while most of the log is in english, the error itself is partially written in french. This is likely because it's the current language of my operating system. My apologies for any trouble that may cause.

Attachments

• tt2debug.log
    3.6 KB · Views: 182
Awesome, I no longer encounter errors when trying to launch TTApplicator using Terraria Tweaker 2.

The miscellaneous tweak "superpower" has a typo with the "maxmium breathing time" tweak. That should probably be changed to "maximum".

I looked at the Accessory Tweak "Social Armor Visual effect", trying to find what the effects were and what their sources were. Naming the general appearance of the effect and the source might help clarify what the effects are without testing them to see.
"Shadow EoC Shield" and "Shadow Basilisk", as noted in the tweaker already, seemingly have no effect. I wonder why these remain available if they don't do anything. Perhaps I'm just not seeing the difference?
"Outlines" appears to be the same pulsing effect visible when wearing a set of Adamantite, Nebula or Solar Flare Armor.
"Outlines Forbidden" appears to be the same pulsing effect visible when wearing a set of Forbidden armor.
"Shadow" appears to be the same afterimage effect visible when wearing a set of Shadow or Necro armor. Not too surprising, considering the name.
"Shadow Loki's" causes TTApplicator to say that the Tweak ID:1103 failed to patch successfully (the Tweak list used for this was blank, aside from the visual tweak). As far as I know, it cannot be used.
"Shadow Subtle" causes a very subtle effect that seems similar to the pulsing of "outlines", but it's smaller and extremely transparent. I don't know what could use this effect.

Would it be possible to disable the visual effects from specific armor sets? I appreciate the designs of the armors in the game, but I wish I could stop some of them from having their visual effects.
For example: Being able to wear the entire Solar Flare armor set without the pulsing effect it usually has, due to it being disabled by a tweak.

The damage factors in the "superpower" tweak made me wonder if they could potentially allow the player to reduce the damage dealt. Dealing less damage could make a playthrough of the game extra challenging.

I've encountered a problem that I think might be due to my computer being relatively weak. I'm curious as to whether or not it's just on my end.

Here how I can replicate my problem.
- Created a new Tweak List, only having the "Add Two Extra Accessory Slots" tweak.
- Opened a Steam window, I've tried this with the friends list and the library.
- Launched the Tweak list, everything working normally.
- Selected a character, entered a world and picked up a block before going to the main menu.
PS: If you do try this, I'd recommend not using important characters or worlds, purely for the sake of avoiding any possible character or world losses.
- Select the same character again, enter the world again, pick up a block, save to the menu again.
- Selecting the character can cause the game to freeze for roughly a second, then the game will close with no messages.
- Now that Terraria crashed, trying to interact with the Steam window reveals that Steam has entirely ceased responding. At this point, Steam needs to be closed and restarted.

Terraria generally crashes on the 2nd or 3rd time I select the character. TTApplicator sees the crash as the game closing normally. Not sure why Steam crashes along with Terraria, though.

I'm unfortunately unable to access a more powerful device, but this problem only seems to manifest if I start saving and loading a lot after being ingame. Gameplay remains completely stable, so I'm still able to use tweaks without problems.

The Miscellaneous Tweak "Faster Respawn" states "Durations are in 1/60s of a second, meaning 600 frames = 1 second". It's a minor typo, since it's stated in other tweaks that there are 60 frames in a second.

i don't mean anything rude by this, but can you make a version without all the fancy graphics, because, they don't work on my notebook and i can't find the reason anywhere, so i'm kinda' stuck with a bright blue for everything, making it a pain in the arse to try and read anything >~>'

Hello, TiberiumFusion i think someone encountered this problem before, my Terraria is muted, last year i had Terraria on my PC and i have my Terraria Tweaker working on it, that version of Terraria had sound, but right now it isn't working, perhaps there maybe a solution to it? and for odd reasons i checked my settings and went to volume my music volume was at 0, i tried dragging it but it just sets to zero everytime i try to change it.

****Solved****

Hello Pal,
I have a specific problem wich i can't solve whatsoever...
Since im from Germany i can just send you the error it gives me in my native language but i hope describing my problem and showing you the error might help you to help me :)
Jd5ADDpET__39vxeZCwpDQ.png

So i did everything step by step. (Even checked if .NET 4.5.2 and 2015 VC REDISTS is properly installed both said i already have said programms installed so thats checked)
Now i downloaded your "Terraria Tweaker 2 Installer" and moved it from my "Download Folder" to my desktop and run the exe as administrator.
Next the error window you can see above appears....
Now i check for different compatibility modes, start the exe again and get the same error again.
So since im done with the Installer i try to download the "Terraria Tweaker 2 Standalone ZIP".
Next thing i do is create a folder on my desktop and unpack the zip in there, checking if i missed something.
Now i try to start the exe (Terraria Tweaker 2) there or the other exe (TTAplicator), both gave me the same error, even when run as aministrator.

After i've done all that i simply tried to delete and download it again, nothing changed... im realy frustrated and clueless, im begging you please help!!
(If i missed a step on the post even then, please tell me but i double checked everything and couldnt figure out whats wrong... so you would help me a ton!)

Thanks in advance and hope to test out that beauty.

Solution:
******I got Avast, and the antivirus automaticly blocked the application without notifiying, so allowing the programm solved the problem******

Maybe add check for antivirus programm if it is blocked? :b

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom