tModLoader Tremor Remastered [discontinued]

Do you like Tremor Mod? (If "No" please tell why)

• Yes!

Votes: 1,490 86.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 241 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sooo, its been awhile... whats up with the upcoming update for this so far? Still working on it?

NSLlaN4VBN0.jpg

diverman what the hell
Didn't tremor steal content from thorium? Forgive me if I'm wrong

diverman what the hell

Well, if we're bringing THAT into this thread, know that it's an opinion many share.

Tremor is broken. Its own bosses that aim to wholesale replace a vanilla one doesn't work, it's unbalanced so badly that it's almost like nobody cares. Sprites aren't the best, and there's rumor (and for that matter, all but factual proof) that some Tremor content was taken from other mods almost shamelessly.

The fact that nearly half a year has gone by with no fixes to any of its numerous issues is also a pretty big point against it.

Point is, it doesn't matter WHAT diverman said. It's not a big drama. People can say what they want about other mods, and it's not like it's some big vendetta or two sided popularity war. Tremor is bad. It's broken. This is objective fact, it's not a very functional mod and it has many issues. People notice them, people judge it based on them, people have a bias against it compared to other, better constructed mods.

It's the truth. It's not humor, it's nothing more than an assessment about mods, on a discord where people talk about mods. That's the bottom line.

just to say,since im on the discord where he sayed that
it was more like a joke

here the full image:

View attachment 138960

i mean,make a joke if you can lol
This is a huge, huge amount of time spent on the creation of mod, a lot of drawn sprites, the constant brainstorming, and trying to do something original. I'm really sad when I hear this, because I just put in the mod part of my life.

Items that you see in Thorium and other mod differ(sometimes greatly) from such items in the Tremor. While other items were simply inspired. To accuse us of plagiarism is a stupid.
[doublepost=1473681244,1473681229][/doublepost]
Point is, it doesn't matter WHAT diverman said. It's not a big drama. People can say what they want about other mods, and it's not like it's some big vendetta or two sided popularity war. Tremor is bad. It's broken. This is objective fact, it's not a very functional mod and it has many issues. People notice them, people judge it based on them, people have a bias against it compared to other, better constructed mods.

It's the truth. It's not humor, it's nothing more than an assessment about mods, on a discord where people talk about mods. That's the bottom line.
Please, list me these very problems of our broken mod. I just need to know what you don't like, but otherwise, how are we supposed to change?

Well, if we're bringing THAT into this thread, know that it's an opinion many share.

Tremor is broken. Its own bosses that aim to wholesale replace a vanilla one doesn't work, it's unbalanced so badly that it's almost like nobody cares. Sprites aren't the best, and there's rumor (and for that matter, all but factual proof) that some Tremor content was taken from other mods almost shamelessly.

The fact that nearly half a year has gone by with no fixes to any of its numerous issues is also a pretty big point against it.
1. Making a mod balanced isn't so easy but we're trying to fix balance in every update.
2. Spriting isn't so easy too but we're getting more spriters in our team and their skills are improving too.
3. We're not taking any content from any other mods. It just sometimes happen that people have similiar ideas.
4. We released several fixes that fixed main problems.
Thank's for sharing your opinion :) We will try to make everything even better.

1. Making a mod balanced isn't so easy but we're trying to fix balance in every update.
2. Spriting isn't so easy too but we're getting more spriters in our team and their skills are improving too.
3. We're not taking any content from any other mods. It just sometimes happen that people have similiar ideas.
Thank's for sharing your opinion :) We will try to make everything even better.

i dont like point 1.
Balancing isnt is realy hard,its differences in what you are balancing (sword,bosses,armor etc)
As long its before Moonlord,its not realy hard
you just go on the Terraria wiki,look at how strong the items etc are in the time,where you would get the matierialss in the plyathrough,and balance it after that

A general reminder, please keep debate civil and criticism constructive. However, do not lob about accusations of plagiarism; if you think a mod has infringed another mod's copyrighted material, then such accusations should be made either through the report button or by sending me or another mod a Private Message.

Pleased don't bring outside drama onto the forums. What is said other places should stay in other places.

Pleased don't bring outside drama onto the forums. What is said other places should stay in other places.
Sorry, this won't happen anymore.

By the way, if we have started the critics: Feel free to say what you'd like to see fixed/changed in next updates. We will listen to you for sure (Just Reply to my comment to get answer faster) :)

I have to get this off my chest. I downloaded and gave this a looking at earlier, and I wasn't all that impressed. Balance issues ALL OVER. Stone armor just by itself intrudes on about 3 different "no's" and all the bosses are either ridiculously simple, don't work at all (this may, admittedly, be the fact I was running a 1.3.0.8 mod in 1.3.1) or are way too hard (cog lord, but I see that was fixed.)

I like the normal mobs, and the sprite work is sometimes pretty good, but from what I looked at it just doesn't have the gameplay quality to warrant my approval. Bosses are not very good, items tend to be too effective and overshadow vanilla, and a good bit of the content just feels schitzophrenic with no real theme or reason to be there. Maybe I was being unfair to it, or comparing it a little too hard to Thorium, but Tremor does feel "mod-like" if that makes sense. Content that doesn't gel well with the base game, doesn't complement vanilla at all.

Just my opinion. Fans may tear me a new :red: if they like.

Here was my original post. Some specifics are here, but they are far from the only examples. Pixie Queen is boring and doesn't seem to work right. Cog Lord is bugged bugged, and the mech brain of cthulhu just despawns the instant he's summoned.

Bosses summon too close to the player, just popping into existance. Items are unbalanced as hell, look at Carrow, look at stone armor, just look at how your items overshadow base game things. The bugs are many, the gamebreaking bugs are FAR too many (anyone want mention of the broken lightning boots recipe? How about, the fact that crimson worlds can't even fight the boss that is supposed to be INTEGRAL to progression?) and yes, you have a mod that feels barely tested. There's a LOT to criticise. There's a LOT that hasn't been fixed, there's a lot that really just isn't good content from a rational, informed position, and while yes, it's subjective in what makes content good, what isn't subjective is how content muddles with and works against the very game it's trying to enhance. What isn't subjective is that bosses that can't be beaten legitimately or indeed fought at all are bad, untested content that doesn't deserve any praise. Sure, maybe when they're fixed, they;ll be better. But they haven't been. For months.

What is up for download now, is not very well put together and designed. That's some of the criticism mod fans have with Tremor.

Here was my original post. Some specifics are here, but they are far from the only examples. Pixie Queen is boring and doesn't seem to work right. Cog Lord is bugged bugged, and the mech brain of cthulhu just despawns the instant he's summoned.

Bosses summon too close to the player, just popping into existance. Items are unbalanced as hell, look at Carrow, look at stone armor, just look at how your items overshadow base game things. The bugs are many, the gamebreaking bugs are FAR too many (anyone want mention of the broken lightning boots recipe? How about, the fact that crimson worlds can't even fight the boss that is supposed to be INTEGRAL to progression?) and yes, you have a mod that feels barely tested. There's a LOT to criticise. There's a LOT that hasn't been fixed, there's a lot that really just isn't good content from a rational, informed position, and while yes, it's subjective in what makes content good, what isn't subjective is how content muddles with and works against the very game it's trying to enhance. What isn't subjective is that bosses that can't be beaten legitimately or indeed fought at all are bad, untested content that doesn't deserve any praise. Sure, maybe when they're fixed, they;ll be better. But they haven't been. For months.

What is up for download now, is not very well put together and designed. That's some of the criticism mod fans have with Tremor.
  1. The bosses were fixed, so they now spawn upper.
  2. Carrow was fixed, it now consumes carrots that can be bought from Chief.
  3. What's with the Stone armor?
  4. Lightning Boots bug was fixed some time ago.
  5. Crimson worlds can fight Motherboard so they get Souls that can be used in recipes same with vanilla one.
We're trying to use more and more time for looking for bugs and testing everyhing but sometimes some bugs are only found after release by players (Like in any game).

1. The bosses were fixed, so they now spawn upper.
  2. Carrow was fixed, it now consumes carrots that can be bought from Chief.
  3. What's with the Stone armor?
  4. Lightning Boots bug was fixed some time ago.
  5. Crimson worlds can fight Motherboard so they get Souls that can be used in recipes same with vanilla one.
We're trying to use more and more time for looking for bugs and testing everyhing but sometimes some bugs are only found after release by players (Like in any game).

These big ones are bugs that can be found by anyone casually loading it up and trying it. Cog Lord's broken state isn't a freak accident seen by only a few people, it's a consistent, 100% of the time thing.

Sometime later I'll go confirm if most of these issues are still there, but I'm damn sure that in the version I played, Motherboard was broken and despawned instantly no matter what I tried, therefore, its souls were as good as unobtainable.

Also, an armor set with IIRC good defense and a huge increase to melee damage, made from STONE, is overpowered, stupid, and singlehandedly removes the purpose of any armor in the game up til Meteor. It's like wood armor, if wood armor was great. There's a huge balance discrepency there.

These big ones are bugs that can be found by anyone casually loading it up and trying it. Cog Lord's broken state isn't a freak accident seen by only a few people, it's a consistent, 100% of the time thing.

Sometime later I'll go confirm if most of these issues are still there, but I'm damn sure that in the version I played, Motherboard was broken and despawned instantly no matter what I tried, therefore, its souls were as good as unobtainable.

Also, an armor set with IIRC good defense and a huge increase to melee damage, made from STONE, is overpowered, stupid, and singlehandedly removes the purpose of any armor in the game up til Meteor. It's like wood armor, if wood armor was great. There's a huge balance discrepency there.
Cog Lord is nerfed too but only in 1.3. Same with Carrow and bosses spawn. Motherboard was fixed in previous updates too (Like Lightning Boots).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom