tModLoader Gates of Agartha: Huzbubber Finally Makes a Mod

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
Welcome to the
Gates of Agartha
[Fancy mod banner coming soon]

(Note: This mod is still work in progress and has not been released yet, I will post an update when I finish everything meant for the initial release. The thread is also heavily in progress at the moment, so expect a lot of additions/changes soon.)

This mod essentially serves as a side project of mine to implement various suggestions I have made here over the years, as well as ideas that I've kept in my head for way too long now. Gates of Agartha is currently planned to mainly be a content mod that adds various items, weapons, enemies, and NPCs that bring more variety to the game, as well as a few new bosses to add additional challenges to playthroughs (as well as some eventual Post-Moon Lord challenges).

(Basically this meme lmao) ->
ModdingMoment.gif

Since this is a side project and I have other things going on in life, updates will likely not be on a consistent schedule and may change depending on what I am able to implement. However, they should stick generally to the roadmap below and the initial release will happen when I add everything I have planned for it (although I can be somewhat impulsive when it comes to what I feel like adding sometimes lmao).

Current Update Roadmap Plan
(Note: These updates are very rough and are very likely to change since this is a side project of mine.)

Initial Release
-~7 item tiers + various other items [1 complete, 4 in progress, 2 unimplemented]
-3 bosses (2 Pre-hardmode, 1 Hardmode) [1 in progress, 2 unimplemented]
-1 Biome (Mountains) [Unimplemented]
-1 Structure (Gates of Agartha) [Unimplemented)
-Enemies for added biomes + a few extra) [In Progress]
-1-2 NPCs & Items (NPCs Unimplemented) [Items in progress]

Update 1

-4 Bosses (1 Hardmode, 3 Post-ML Event Bosses)
-1 Event (Post-ML)
-1 Biome (Cliffs)
-1 Structure (Oceanic Stronghold)
-Enemies for added biomes + a few extra
-1-2 NPCs & Items

Update 2
-1-2 Bosses (Hardmode)
-1 Biome (Plague)
-Enemies for added biomes + a few extra
-1-2 NPCs & Items

Update 3
-3-4 Bosses (Post-ML)

Kraken Loot
KrakenItems.png

An assortment of items obtained from the Kraken that provide a bridge between Skeletron and Wall of Flesh.

Agarium
Agarium Stuff 2.png

[More updated sprites coming soon]
A revered material used by the Agarthans to create technology far ahead of their time"

Agarium is a material dropped by the Keeper of Agartha and generated throughout the Underworld after the Keeper's defeat. The tools and weapons crafted from this material all have unique use styles that can make them extremely useful if utilized correctly.

Alpine Spiritstone
SpiritstoneItems.png

"Mystic voices from the heart of the mountain itself echo from this stone"

Alpine Spiritstone is a late-Hardmode material that can be obtained from the core of the Mountains. Tools and weapons crafted from this material channel the power of the mountains themselves, becoming stronger with the more Spiritstone that exists in the world. However, mining too much Spiritstone diminishes the power of the mountains and therefore weakens anything made form it. Perhaps one day a being will come to defend this precious resource and make those who desire it prove they are worthy...

The Essence Cleaver and Essence
Essence Cleaver BG.png

[More Sprites Coming Soon]
"An enigmatic artifact of the Great Old Ones used to draw the vital essence from certain enemies upon death"

The Essence Cleaver is an accessory that can be crafted directly after the Moon Lord is defeated. When it is equipped, some enemies can drop special Essence items, which can be used to craft a variety of incredibly useful items. The Essence Cleaver also utilizes Essence to grant scaling buffs depending on how much of each Essence is in the inventory. Be careful though, as dying with the Essence Cleaver equipped will cause all Essence in the inventory to vanish.

Essence Weapons
[Sprites Coming Soon]

Essence Weapons utilize Essence as ammunition to provide a variety of powerful attack types depending on the type of Essence used.

ItemCompilation.png

A compilation of various other items that have been implemented
Moss Cave Expansion
With permission from @Terraricanth 's amazing suggestion Spicing Up the Moss Caves!

Moss Mites, Glowbugs, and the Hellwig
Moss Mites BG.gif

"After getting stranded in the caverns ages ago, the Moss Mites have adapted to a life underground, feeding on waste stuck in the mats of moss they live on."
"In the neon moss caves, the Glowbugs use the symbiotic bioluminescent moss on their backs to communicate with one another via quick flashes. They can also use this against foes as well."
"Although many Moss Mites died in the heat of the lava caves deep underground, others managed to push through and survive, becoming the territorial Hellwigs."

Moss Buds, Neon Buds, and the Fire Bud
[Sprites Coming Soon]
"Due to cursed magic making its way underground, some mosses grew beyond their normal size and became biological turrets, ready to fire spores at a moment's notice."
"The Moss Buds of the neon moss caves radiate beautiful colors - don't be fooled however, as they are just as hostile as any other Moss Bud."
"You may think a floral foe like the Moss Bud would shrivel up and die in the heat, but you'd be wrong. In the lava caves, the heat only amplifies the Moss Buds' attacks."

Moss Cores, Moss Pod Scepter, and the Sphagnum Magnum
MossScepterBG.png

[More Sprites Coming Soon]

Good News: Moss is now edible and restores a tiny amount of health! Bad News: Glowing mosses poison you with different debuffs and lava moss sets you on fire. To remedy this, equip a Moss Core! There are five different Moss Cores that correspond to each type of glowing moss (including Helium moss) that invert the debuffs to give you a buff whenever you eat that type of moss. Standing on the respective moss with a Moss Core equipped will also provide the buff indefinitely as long as you are touching the moss. The Moss Cores can also be combined into one accessory to gain the benefits of all moss types at once.

Moss is now also used as ammo for two new weapons: The Moss Pod Scepter and the Sphagnum Magnum. The Moss Pod Scepter used mana in conjunction with moss to launch a moss pod that hatches a friendly Moss Mite to temporarily fight for you. The Moss Mite spawned is determined by the type of moss used for ammo, meaning that using Glowing/Lava Moss can summon Glowbugs and Hellwigs to inflict debuffs. The Sphagnum Magnum shoots moss spores that explode when they hit enemies, dealing damage in a small area of effect, as well as applying the respective debuffs if Glowing/Lava Moss is used as ammo.

The Mountains
[Sprites Coming Soon]

This new surface biome generates on the opposite side of the world from the Jungle, creating two ranges of mountains with an alpine valley situated between them. However, these peaks are much more difficult to cross than other terrain, covered in loose rock that can send you flying off one of many precarious cliffs. You may need to enlist the help of the Mountaineer to make your way past and fully unlock the valuable secrets the mountains hold within.

The Gates of Agartha
GatesOfAgartha.gif

"Sealed long ago, the Gates used to lead to the legendary city of Agartha situated at the center of the world. Now, a few lone dwellers and wandering robots are all that remain above. The Keeper of the Gates still protects them to this day, but it is dying and will soon leave the Gates unprotected unless someone else takes up the mantle."

The Gates of Agartha are a structure that generates in the outer thirds of the Underworld, containing a host of abandoned residents that defend it at all costs. Once Golem is defeated, the doors unlock and the player can challenge the Keeper of Agartha to become the new guardian of the Gates, obtaining powerful gear in the process.
Shardik
[Sprite Coming Soon]

An ancient cyborg bear unfrozen from the ice, Shardik is an early pre-hardmode boss that can be fought to obtain a variety of unique weapons and items that remain useful well through most of pre-hardmode.
"All things serve the beam."

The Kraken
KrakenBG.png

A menace that lurks deep within the ocean, The Kraken is a late pre-hardmode boss that can be fought to obtain powerful gear to bring to the Wall of Flesh, as well as to obtain a key to a sunken stronghold at the bottom of the sea.
"Release the Kraken!"

The Keeper of Agartha
Keeper of Agartha  BG2.png

The dying guardian of the sealed Gates of Agartha, this late hardmode boss can be fought to become the new guardian of the Gates, make peace with the Agarthans, and to obtain powerful Post-Golem equipment.
"I don't have a creative quote for this one yet lmao."

More Coming Soon...
HmmWhatCouldThisBe.png

“What’s a bad miracle?”

There is currently no set release date for Gates of Agartha yet and it may be a while before the initial release, but hopefully it shouldn't take too long to start getting out to the public. This thread will be updated with more preview sprites and details over time to fill in gaps and as I finish implementing more content. A proper title image and support banner are on their way as well. Thank you for checking out my mod thread, and I hope you will enjoy it when the initial release comes!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom