tModLoader VeinMiner Mod - Mine ores faster!

i have tried binding them to different keys, insert and delete being one of them, sadly i cant seem to add ores to the list i want veinmined on multiplayer

Adding anything to a whitelist is disabled by default on multiplayer, you have two options:
- enable it on multiplayer by editing the config file on host's side
or
- host goes to singleplayer, adds tiles to the whitelist and hosts the server again

Last edited:
I've gotten this bug in loading the mod where it says that its "only" compatible modloader v0.10.1.4 but after that bug happened it got fixed.. is this something that happens sometimes or is it just modloader being weird like it sometimes is.

i cant seem to get it to work no mater what hotkey i use
Is there a VeinMiner.json file in your "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs" folder? Try removing that and reloading the mods or restarting the game.
If it's still not working, try editing the config file and changing
Code:
"ToggleVeinmineHotkey": false,
to
Code:
"ToggleVeinmineHotkey": true,
and seeing if you get any message in the chat when pressing the VeinMine hotkey.

Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
at Terraria.IO.Preferences.Save(Boolean createFile)
at VeinMiner.Config.CreateConfig()
at VeinMiner.Config.Load()
at VeinMiner.VeinMiner.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Got this along with an error that Exetrix. already mentioned about v0.10.1.4.
This happened after I set my config to "Read-only" since it would reset every time i launched the game.

This happened after I set my config to "Read-only" since it would reset every time i launched the game.
Sorry for the late reply.

I assume you've set it to read-only, because you've edited the config and it restarted to a default one.
Are you sure you've edited the config correctly? Could you try disabling the read-only and editing just any simple line from false to true and check if it overrides it again?
Just FYI the config after (re)loading the mod can be seen as edited by text editors even when nothing has been changed.

Tested and everything seems to work now as it should. Not really sure what was causing it but a guess would be that it was because of mod reloading. Will inform you if there's actually a way to replicate the problem(s) reliably.

I've been trying to add Grovite Ore from GRealm to the config because it doesn't seem to work with the mod but every time I do it resets my config file away from toggling

Wow, its really been along time since this mod started up I still remember helping out, testing it and all sorts and now its a really popular mod but I also like the canvas mod you made to :p

I am unsure if this has been answered or brought up in the 11 pages, but I have been watching a video that said they made Vein Miner automatic.
How would you configure it to automatically do it instead of holding the button?

Last edited:
I am unsure if this has been answered or brought up in the 11 pages, but I have been watching a video that said they made Vein Miner automatic.
How would you configure it to automatically do it instead of holding the button?

Personally, I just set the hotkey to left click. You have to be a bit careful what you whitelist though. Was clearing out a massive chunk of the underground of all ore, dirt, and stone one day then got back to base. Had spelunker on and saw some ore below my trees, and my OCD would not let such a thing persist. So I go to mine down to the ore, forgetting I have dirt whitelisted, and because there's no hotkey and I just left click....

Yeah. Gotta be careful with this mod.

Good news is you generally only make mistakes like that once before you get more careful. Also if you quickly run over and de-whitelist what you were popping you can limit the collateral damage.

Yeah... every so often I have an oops with like Snow or Ice or something like that out in my delves, but it's also because I tend to clear areas via that instead of infinite dynamite.

I actually never really thought of just assigning it to left click, I guess that would make it auto. Thanks for the heads up :D

PS: I also tied the whitelist on/off to both alt keys, so left alt takes it off and right alt puts it on. That way it requires a bit of thought to actually be like "ok, this will be added on" meanwhile it gets taken off easily due to how often I alt tab. Rather have ores taken off Whitelist so I don't have to worry about it than accidentally add things and tear a chunk out of the world ^^;

Looks catastrophically fun!

upload_2019-2-14_0-24-27.png

My game won't let me change the hotkey. The setting isn't even showing up in the menu.

Did you make sure to enable the mod, hit `Reload Mods`, and also restarting the game?
I had a similar issue when I just started this whole modded thing, and it threw me off that it didn't actually install the mods till after I restarted the game.

Is there a way to have the veinminer always toggled on? Things would feel a lot more fluid if it could be used without taking fingers off of the movement keys to hold it on.

Ever wanted a mountain in your hand but thought it took too long? Well now with veinminer it wont take forever since you can mine the whole thing in the blink of an eye! :merchanteek:
(Disclaimer: it will not take the blink of an eye it depends on the pickaxe strength)

Back
Top Bottom