Wavebank Wavebanks not working on 1.4.1.2?

Fuzzy_TK

Steampunker
With the new 1.4.1.2 hotfix, it seems that any wavebank that HAS been updated to 1.4.1 won't work anymore.
The Vanilla game will be stuck in the loading screen, after the intro plays out, and tModLoader won't even launch.

I thought that maybe my wavebank (that i've updated to 1.4.1) was just broken, or it wasn't build correctly, so I tried a few more 1.4.1 wavebanks, but the game wouldn't work with any of them.

Then I thought that 1.4.1.2 may have added/removed like 1 track, thus why it wouldn't work, but after extracting the original 'Wave Bank.xwb', it's the same order, and the same 89 tracks.
And even weirder, is that if you use the Quick WaveBank Tool to extract the original 'Wave Bank.xwb', and then build it back together, the game won't work either.

So I think it all boils down to this "Bug Fix" from the 1.4.1.2 Hotfix:

"* Attempting a music-related fix for an issue where users cannot increase their music volume above 0%. This may also potentially fix some seemingly unrelated launch crashes which actually stem from the same root issue. " (other than this, there were no other Changes/Bug Fixes related to sounds/tracks)
Or maybe it could be a problem with the Quick Wavebank Tool.

But from what I know (take this with a grain of salt), wasn't this just a glitch, not a bug? You know, caused by people who either didn't build a wavebank correctly by not adding all the necessary tracks, or by people who used a really outdated wavebank?
Does anyone know why it wouldn't work? Maybe someone who understands the Bug Fix and the technicalities behind this.
And like, how can we update/modify our wavebanks to work on 1.4.1.2?

Back
Top Bottom