tModLoader Webmilio's Commons Library

Hey @webmilio I think I broke your mod
I was trying to get achivements in, and I did, but I deleted the data to reset it but Commons won't make a new one and nothing is saving
Also, it no longer shows the "achivement unlocked" popup, which is sad

That shouldn't happen at all, considering it creates the file when it doesn't find it on the first time. I don't really check the thread since life got quite busy, but I do get GitHub notifications via email. If you still have the problem, please open an issue on webmilio/WebmilioCommons-Releases.

afraid you can't, that's a deprecated feature of the mod that Webmillio is too lazy to bother removing ever since TML removed the achievements UI
Impressive, thinking you can tell others what a mod creator plans on doing with thier mod. I cannot remove them since it would break mods who are currently using them. A fantastic display of your incompetence.

finally i can have achievements in my cringe
They are indeed currently unavailable, but I plan on eventually adding back modded achievements only, so it's not a complete waste of time to think about what you'd want to add. The texture system will work the same as it did before and the unlocking will probably also work the same.

Last edited:
Impressive, thinking you can tell others what a mod creator plans on doing with thier mod. I cannot remove them since it would break mods who are currently using them.
Ok, care to explain why you closed my issue about it being a barely functional system as "it was removed from TMOD" as if you weren't going to work on it anymore, this is still a legit problem with the achievement system.
I'll admit that I shouldn't have called you lazy or not bothering, since that's not a proven fact. But the fact that you closed my issue makes it hard to not think this would deprecated for, atleast a long time. Leaving it to not break mods that are using it is something that didn't cross my mind. But still, there was a point where I did want to use these and they simply didn't work as advertised.

This however, indeed was likely a problem stemming from achievement lib, as they often didn't work with the old Jetshift (which did use achievement lib, very similar results)

A fantastic display of your incompetence.
And now your doing it, Web, you straight up quit on me when you wanted to "help me" use the achievements system for SGAmod, and I've heard you've done that to others as well.
You tell me there are errors, you simply tell you cannot help me without even explaining "why" you can't compile the mod, and then effectively breaking your word by leaving the moment things go the slightest sour. Does that not sound like the meaning of this word?

It was established recently that we would be re-adding them. Never-the-less, you are not the creator of this mod, thus you cannot tell others what the plans for it are, especially since you're not even in the developer discord.

I'm pretty sure I had either fixed that issue with you or simply couldn't replicate it at all. Sadly, regardless of that, this issue will be on hold until we can work with achievements again, which will be the case when we add the UI back or make a new one entirely. This is not a problem coming from AchievementsLib as far as I can tell.

I do not wish to debate this topic any further and will not be replying to any more comments regarding this debate since the feature is not actively being worked on, you can always send me a private message if you want to settle this, but this thread is not the place for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom