Game Mechanics What about Master Mode after Hard Mode?

If the stats of bosses and monsters just increase 1.5 times, then it will be too easy. How about the fact that Master Mode will come after killing the Moon Lord, where the stats and speed of monsters and bosses will already rise to such an extent that they can withstand the final equipment in Hard Mode, like a copper shortsword. However, this does not mean that the equipment from Hard Mode will be useless: accessories and equipment still give quite strong bonuses and it can be improved: for example, after killing the Eye of Cthulhu in Master Mode, materials will be dropped from him to improve (creating, if you play on normal difficulty) the Shield of Cthulhu to True Shield of Cthulhu.

I'm pretty sure master mode is a heavy work in progress as of the E3 trailer. Hopefully it will give new boss attack patterns, and it most likely will be unlocked after moon lord anyway.

Also, you do realize that 1.5x times expert mode's 2x will be agonizing already, right? Especially with damage?

Honestly, I kinda do like the sound of extending the game further, though I think that should be locked behind a 3rd difficulty anyways.
The idea of revisiting old bosses is also a novel one, though I'd replace shoehorned crafting materials with one completely new item.
Also, you do realize that 1.5x times expert mode's 2x will be agonizing already, right? Especially with damage?
They really should lower the boost in stats to, like, 1.625x for Expert; double is WAY too :red:in' much.

They really should lower the boost in stats to, like, 1.625x for Expert; double is WAY too :red:in' much.
I was thinking that it should be a 50% boost in health and damage for both difficulties. In that case, Expert Mode would be 1.5x, and Master Mode would be 2.25x (though I still believe that this number is excessive). Granted, those numbers may seem low for some people, but difficulty shouldn't just come from bloated numbers. I'd expect the game to throw all kinds of new stipulations at me that would actually challenge me, not just overly punish me for my mistakes.

Imagine If Master Mode Does Nothing But Half Your Max Health.

"Yea, You See That Enemy *Mimic* Over There? It Literally Deals Half Your Health In Damage, Good Luck!"

• Wow
Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom