Hot Topic What Boss is the hardest boss for you guys? And why ?

Eater of Worlds is still, in comparison, an outdated boss. Same with Skeletron. They had a much better reputation back when there wasn't anything to compare them to, therefore back then there wasn't a strong need to update their AI's specifically.

I hope that's what the upcoming Expert Mode tackles, though.

I don't really see what kind of AI updates they can do to a giant worm, lol. It still only has one mode of attacking you, by touch. And no matter which direction it comes at you from, a couple swings of a vilethorn is still going to take a huge chunk out of it.

We could pop eyeballs off it a'la Destroyer, but otherwise I really don't see what else they could really do with a worm. The reason it is so easy, is because it is a worm, and thus segmented, which makes it a sitting duck for that type of weaponry.

I think their mistake was making the Brain as hard as they did. IMO, instead of having the Brain teleport spam you, and instead of having the Brain teleport ontop of you, they should have the Brain try to keep its distance while its eyes attack (reducing the cheapness of getting stuck in a tunnel) and once all of its eyes are dead, it should float around and occasionally teleport and fire lasers out of its center eye (the one that is revealed in its second form).

This gives the player an actual ability to dodge its attacks and use actual skill to avoid damage and wouldn't be such a huge step up in challenge compared to the EoW.

I don't really see what kind of AI updates they can do to a giant worm, lol.

Eh, I don't think that's something we can conclude. The dev team are very capable of surprising us.

The reason it is so easy, is because it is a worm, and thus segmented, which makes it a sitting duck for that type of weaponry.

I don't find this logic to hold much ground, because the Destroyer is considered bloody hard to a lot of players and that boss has the same issues as the EoW.

I think their mistake was making the Brain as hard as they did.

I agree with you here. The jump of difficulty between the two bosses of the same tier seems vastly unjustified. I can easily see newbies rockin' out in Silver armour and taking out the Eater of Worlds with a Light's Bane. But with the Brain, it feels as if newbies are expected to be in top-notch gear (Platinum/Gold, some underground accessories) to even stand a chance at their first attempt. And I don't really think enforcing people to get the best of the best stuff to be able to progress is healthy encouragement.

difficulty is relative. the Wall of Flesh is insanely difficult. Skeletron can easily dissect you. but that happens because at the time you face these foes, you simply lack the stats, and DPS, to deal with them effectively.

in terms of sheer difficulty climbs, i would easily say the Mechanical bosses (all of them actually) are the hardest, because you might have to face them even before upgrading from molten armor, which only improves melee (the worst posible choice against these things). plus, all bosses have a way of controlling the battlefield that simply forces you to be extra defensive and carefull, and mistakes are severely punished.

The Twins starts out as an unpredictable foe that can both spam you you with pretty accurate and damaging ranged attack, deal DoT effects, or simply rush through the screen like an avalanche, or even worse, split up and do both simultaneously. plus, their erratic movement can make killing one off first a problem. their enraged versions are particularly deadly, especially Spazmatism - that flamethrower attack pretty much guarantees 25% health lost every time it hits you, and one in range, there is NO ESCAPE. period. that thing comes close and starts spraying you while you are under 200hp, or when your healing potions are on cooldown, you lost. they also have some pretty high defence.

the Destroyer simply takes over one half of the screen with a massive moving hitbox, and covers the rest with laser-firing probes. end of discussion. it is immune to all debuffs, has tons of defense and hp, and is next to unkillable in a single night without piercing weapons of some sort. in fact, piercing weapons are the only reason you manage to kill it at the time you face it. using arrows, or bullets, no matter how high the damage, simply will not be enough. plus, it forces a lot of preparation. you have to create a really massive arena to contain it safely.

Skeletron Prime, however, is a different story. four arms, four weapons, a rage mode, and insane speed. pfft. i screamed like a girl first time i faced that thing. it moves too fast for arrows, his arms are so erratic that even if you didnt have to actively dodge focusing on a single arm to destroy first would be a challenge, and his two melee arms WILL kill you, while your landings are unsafe due to bombs hitting the floor and his laser predicts your movement. use. the. ichor. and bring along your inner warrior, you will need some boldness in this fight.

after these, you get access to pretty good gear, such as Hallowed and Chlorophyte gear. thats pretty nifty, and makes the next two bosses a lot more relaxed. Plantera, if you know what you are doing, cant even be called hard. i defeated it the first time i found it with frost armor, crystal bullets, a gatligator and a jetpack. if you manage to jump and fly circles around her, the only thing causing you trouble will be its thorn balls. of course, should you enrage her, or lose yourself in the confusion, it tends to end differently.

the Golem is too easy because he is susceptible to map modification. all you need is your best melee gear, a few potions, a very tall wall, the mushroom spear or better and that rod that places two clouds for permanent DPS. 4 minutes of dodging and he's done. less so if you place traps.

Duke fishron is another leap. super fast, insane damage, sharknadoes, and rage mod. just... run away from this monster of a boss. use boots, equip all your items with +speed, use asphalt blocks, and use megashark with chlorophyte bullets. you will win eventually. just keep kiting it untill death.

finally, the bosses from events are not too difficult. by this time, you should have some of Fishron's drops, likethe flairon and bubble blaster, that make these bosses trivial - you will kill them all by the dozens at this point, if you keep flying around, have a massive pool of lava, use traps, and sometimes come down for the hearts. only the ice queen poses a chalenge.

thats how it goes with me.

The Twins starts out as an unpredictable foe that can both spam you you with pretty accurate and damaging ranged attack, deal DoT effects, or simply rush through the screen like an avalanche, or even worse, split up and do both simultaneously. plus, their erratic movement can make killing one off first a problem. their enraged versions are particularly deadly, especially Spazmatism - that flamethrower attack pretty much guarantees 25% health lost every time it hits you, and one in range, there is NO ESCAPE. period. that thing comes close and starts spraying you while you are under 200hp, or when your healing potions are on cooldown, you lost. they also have some pretty high defence.

With the Twins, you really really need a good pair of wings. Frost or Fire, at the very least. Getting them won't be easy (one requires weather, the other requires a mech kill, both are somewhat low drop chance of uncommon mobs), but once you do, the Twins become much easier. Once you have wings, make a wood platform arena that is 2-3 "floors" high, as per this video:

(Apparently, Spoiler Tags don't work with videos?)

You'll see I'm wearing Beetle in that video (I made it as a demonstration that it is entirely possible to kill it with the "slow-moving" Terra Blade projectiles), but the general strategy still holds. I use this same style of movement and strategy whether I'm using a Terra Blade or a Megashark. I usually fight him first while wearing melee Adamantite/Titanium Armor with as many +Defense accessories as I can find.

the Destroyer simply takes over one half of the screen with a massive moving hitbox, and covers the rest with laser-firing probes. end of discussion. it is immune to all debuffs, has tons of defense and hp, and is next to unkillable in a single night without piercing weapons of some sort. in fact, piercing weapons are the only reason you manage to kill it at the time you face it. using arrows, or bullets, no matter how high the damage, simply will not be enough. plus, it forces a lot of preparation. you have to create a really massive arena to contain it safely.

Use the same Arena I did for the Twins in the video above, the worm barely comes up to the top "floor". Yes, Piercing Weapons are essential, and Piercing Weapons are what makes it fairly easy. I routinely kill him with Adamantite/Titanium Armor + Nimbus Rod (I farm for it until I get it) + Cutlass and that's it. No Jester Arrows whatsoever.

Skeletron Prime, however, is a different story. four arms, four weapons, a rage mode, and insane speed. pfft. i screamed like a girl first time i faced that thing. it moves too fast for arrows, his arms are so erratic that even if you didnt have to actively dodge focusing on a single arm to destroy first would be a challenge, and his two melee arms WILL kill you, while your landings are unsafe due to bombs hitting the floor and his laser predicts your movement. use. the. ichor. and bring along your inner warrior, you will need some boldness in this fight.

I use the same setup for the Twins as I do Skeletron Prime and I fight them both in the same Arena, using the same equipment and I've never failed to kill him once I developed that strategy.

Just some tips for you, not trying to boast or down-talk you, it just seems as though you could use a few pointers. I might end up posting a "fresh kill" video where I kill these guys for the first time using aforementioned equipment.

Skeletron Prime, the ultimate enemy of melee focused players. While the Twins are also difficult and require some ranged/magic weapons before you are able to get the endgame melee weapons, it is a little easier to hit the Twins and predict their patterns. Duke Fishron can kill you in seconds if you act like a turtle, but once you learn how to dodge it's patterns it's much easier to avoid and by the point you fight it you'll have access to great weapons of all types.

The main thing that makes Skeletron Prime the hardest of the mech bosses as well as hardest Terraria boss (for where you're at in this point of the game) is because it constantly moves around, far out of your range and sight. It can be difficult to avoid its arm attacks since it extends them quickly and even if you're running at full speed with Frostspark boots across your arena, it doesn't guarentee you can completely dodge them. Just trying to hit it is a challenge due to the constant movement.

Because of these factors, this along with the Twins are the few bosses where I need to use the Megashark and a few magic weapons even if I use mostly Melee weapons.

Golem. I mean srsly, give me fishron and I can dodge pretty much every attack he puts out, but the golem's tiny arena of doom and - god - the super velocity spammy sun lasers - make him a real challenge for me if I do not have an absolute tank setup.

First-time mechanical bosses. This is only a real issue since I practically only play summoner.

Skeletron in the ways of progression, those hands always slash into me, no matter how fast I am.

If hardmode, then that damn golem just :red:s you up.

I never really have trouble with the Bosses, But the one that sometimes gets me is Plantera. The reasons for that are:1. You need to have space to fight him. If you don't, You're dead.. 2.The Spiky Balls. And 3.In the second phase, His Tentacles often get in my way..

Plantera on the surface, it's insanely fast and no matter what you do( if you don't have magic mirror) you will be in the centre of it. The first time I fought it I led it to the surface and it totally destroyed me.

The twins are hardest. I have trouble dodging Spazmatism's flames, first and second stage, mostly because when I jup up to avoid them Retinazer's always there to get me. I usually kill Spazmatism first, but i'm left with very low health. Then Retinazer always kills me in its second stage. It shoots way too fast for me. I usually have to make a bridge of asphalt like one I would use for the Duke just to win.

The twins are hardest. I have trouble dodging Spazmatism's flames, first and second stage, mostly because when I jup up to avoid them Retinazer's always there to get me. I usually kill Spazmatism first, but i'm left with very low health. Then Retinazer always kills me in its second stage. It shoots way too fast for me. I usually have to make a bridge of asphalt like one I would use for the Duke just to win.

Have you tried reading the guide I linked in the post just above yours? I just uploaded a video (found within that guide) earlier of an easy strategy to try.

Duke Fishron has kicked my butt 7 or 8 times now. I have had him almost dead and then he opens a can of whoop butt on me. We have asphalt blocks, about 1000, forming a platform for us to run on. Just can't finish the job. We are using the megashark with chlorophyte bullets. Any ideas are welcome!!!!
you're probably enraging him and get the chain gun or tactical shotgun
[doublepost=1495510523,1495510473][/doublepost]
How many of these threads are there? Like, this has to be the third one this month. I swear. : P
Anyway, for the millionth time, I find The Destroyer to be the most difficult at that particular stage in the game (as well as the most fun), whereas Fishron is the most challenging in general.
must be an expert mode player

hmm , there are some
skeletron : yes , the attack patterns are unpredictable and his arms could hit you at any moment , and you have to get his arms down in order to attack a vunerable skeletron
destroyer : immunity to every single debuff and high damage along with the follow-everywhere mechanism makes the destroyer very hard to deal with , not to mention the probes
plantera : it has very powerful attacks and the seeds home in on you in expert mode , and you become barbecue when you exit the underground jungle , the only place where you safely fight plantera
moon lord : final boss , duh , very powerful attacks and it follows you wherever you go

Back
Top Bottom