Hot Topic What Boss is the hardest boss for you guys? And why ?

Plantera

Never can get a perfect arena.

Plantera is that boss you're supposed to just "wing it" and improvise, though I get if this could be difficult to do in Expert.

If I were playing Expert, I would make 1-3 Arenas in the Jungle, and dig large quick-passage tunnels through the Jungle. That way, when you see a bulb, you can smash it and arrive at your Arena in 10-20 seconds and be ready to go before you've really taken any hits.

If you wait until Hardmode to make said arenas, then you got machinegun death bees everywhere and turtles that can near one-shot you with their spin attacks while you're trying to dig/build, yadda yadda.

Plantera is that boss you're supposed to just "wing it" and improvise, though I get if this could be difficult to do in Expert.

If I were playing Expert, I would make 1-3 Arenas in the Jungle, and dig large quick-passage tunnels through the Jungle. That way, when you see a bulb, you can smash it and arrive at your Arena in 10-20 seconds and be ready to go before you've really taken any hits.

If you wait until Hardmode to make said arenas, then you got machinegun death bees everywhere and turtles that can near one-shot you with their spin attacks while you're trying to dig/build, yadda yadda.

I'll give that a try, thanks. :)

You can also make Torch Arrows once you find a Bulb if it's too far away and/or you keep getting lost. You can drag Plantera as far as you wanna drag her (as long as you do not leave the Jungle), and as long as you don't hit her very much or get too far away from her, you will almost never get hit, because she can't shoot her projectiles at you while she's inside the walls. You merely gotta worry about her blocking you with her claws in tight passages.

Make said torch arrow pointing the way to your arena, then go back and pop the bulb.

Every time I have to kill The Twins. Luckily, this past playthrough I got a 3 stack of Bananarangs from a clown on my first hardmode Blood Moon and they were a piece of cake.

Every time I have to kill The Twins. Luckily, this past playthrough I got a 3 stack of Bananarangs from a clown on my first hardmode Blood Moon and they were a piece of cake.

Are we talking Expert, or normal? If you're playing Normal, you can get a Nimbus Rod and either a Bladetongue (best) or a Titanium Sword (still good) with either Adamantite or Titanium Melee Armor and just summon Destroyer. Stand still and wail away at him until he dies (which is less than 30 seconds).

Once that's done, go get a few shark fins and make a Megashark. Continue using melee gear; use either ichor or cursed bullets. Easy, but somewhat lengthy fight.

That, or get the Daedalus Stormbow if you want a good laugh.

Are we talking Expert, or normal? If you're playing Normal, you can get a Nimbus Rod and either a Bladetongue (best) or a Titanium Sword (still good) with either Adamantite or Titanium Melee Armor and just summon Destroyer. Stand still and wail away at him until he dies (which is less than 30 seconds).

Once that's done, go get a few shark fins and make a Megashark. Continue using melee gear; use either ichor or cursed bullets. Easy, but somewhat lengthy fight.

That, or get the Daedalus Stormbow if you want a good laugh.
Normal, and the reason I hate them is because they're usually the first mech boss I kill. I can never seem to beat Prime or The Destroyer, but The Twins are the easiest, yet most annoying. Using the Souls of Sight, I make the Harp and kill Destroyer, then make the Minishark and kill Prime.

Normal, and the reason I hate them is because they're usually the first mech boss I kill. I can never seem to beat Prime or The Destroyer, but The Twins are the easiest, yet most annoying. Using the Souls of Sight, I make the Harp and kill Destroyer, then make the Minishark and kill Prime.

You should try the tips I posted! Usually I find Destroyer is easiest because of his worm mechanics that are so easily exploited.

You should try the tips I posted! Usually I find Destroyer is easiest because of his worm mechanics that are so easily exploited.
That's why I hate The Destroyer. I have trouble finding piercing weapons in early hardmode.

That's why I hate The Destroyer. I have trouble finding piercing weapons in early hardmode.

Nimbus Rod
Any Auto-Swing Sword (especially Bladetongue, which can kill the boss in 30-40 seconds!)
Daedalus Stormbow (Holy or Jester Arrows)
Titanium/Adamantite Repeater + Jester Arrows

And also, use a Spider Staff for slightly more damage.

Duke Fishron. He's so hard, that I didn't defeat him until I defeated the Moon Lord.

He was much more reasonable before they put that stupid enrage mechanic on him. They designed the fight so that he covers a ridiculous area with those stupid sharknados and constantly charges at you which means you need to be highly mobile and not re-use areas to fight him in for long periods of a time.. oh wait, you gotta fight him in the smallest biome in the world. Cute.

While I respect Re-Logic and all the fine work and ethics that they have, this has got to be one of the biggest mistakes they've made in Terraria IMO.

As an update to my previous opinion on this Thread. (I made it before 1.3) The current hardest boss for me in the game has become the Moon Lord suitably as the Final Boss. Though Betsy also is a close contender for the title of most difficult boss. Either way, most of the other bosses in the game I can manage pretty well on Normal and Expert. No matter what, the Moon Lord always gives me the most trouble overall though.

He was much more reasonable before they put that stupid enrage mechanic on him. They designed the fight so that he covers a ridiculous area with those stupid sharknados and constantly charges at you which means you need to be highly mobile and not re-use areas to fight him in for long periods of a time.. oh wait, you gotta fight him in the smallest biome in the world. Cute.

While I respect Re-Logic and all the fine work and ethics that they have, this has got to be one of the biggest mistakes they've made in Terraria IMO.

In my Opinion, I would imagine the very reason they introduced the enraged mechanic for Duke Fishron, was because Pre-1.3. Players could simply create long bridges to run across and dodge all of Fishron's Large Sharknados and overall attacks. With being restricted in the ocean to fight normally, it forces the player to deal with the large vortexes. And can still be managed well with an Arena with several platforms at different heights.

No matter what, the Moon Lord always gives me the most trouble overall though.

Moon Lord feels more like a slog than anything. I can defeat him usually, but it's just how stinking long it takes to whittle his massive HP down, and that's after doing the pillars to spawn him (yes yes I know pop item etc etc etc, but I need the shards the pillars drop to make the actual equipment AND you need the shards to make the pop item.... so the pop item ain't that useful anyways).

It means dumping 30+ minutes into fighting a boss, once. It's a chore and there's a reason why I've only gotten full moon lord armor -once-. It's so boring.

In my Opinion, I would imagine the very reason they introduced the enraged mechanic for Duke Fishron, was because Pre-1.3. Players could simply create long bridges to run across and dodge all of Fishron's Large Sharknados and overall attacks. With being restricted in the ocean to fight normally, it forces the player to deal with the large vortexes. And can still be managed well with an Arena with several platforms at different heights.

We're talking about Terraria.

You know, that game where using the Terrain (including Terrain you create yourself) in creative ways? Last I checked, this was Terraria, that very game. But wait, the devs go "oh wait, we don't want you "exploiting" terrain by doing the obvious" ... *sigh* what's next, Eye of Cthulhu insta-kills you if you don't fight him while standing on the ground?

The problem with confining players to the Ocean is you really DON'T have very much room to move around (especially in a Small world!). The sharknadoes are freaking huge, they throw the stupid sharks everywhere, he's charging at you constantly... and it just feels like a cheap boss now that you can't dodge him. It used to be that building a bridge was a reasonable way to fight him, because well... obviously. Just like building platforms in the sky for EoC and Skeletron, or the Twins, or Prime...

We're supposed to be using terrain to help us kill bosses. That's what this whole game is about!

It seems so silly to go "NOPE! Not with THIS boss!" like that. It defies what this game was built for.

Skeletron Prime is a Mage's worst nightmare, and for some reason Goblin Army's never spawn for me, meaning I can't get the Shadowflame Hex Doll or Shadowflame Knives which are really useful for a Mage

Skeletron Prime is a Mage's worst nightmare, and for some reason Goblin Army's never spawn for me, meaning I can't get the Shadowflame Hex Doll or Shadowflame Knives which are really useful for a Mage

Why not farm Goblin Scouts for the tattered cloths to make the Goblin Battle Standard to spawn the Goblin Army?

Because I can never find Goblin Scouts, any tips to find them?

You gotta go near the edges of the map, a good place to try is between the Dungeon and the Ocean, or if the terrain is more favorable, between the Jungle and the Ocean.

Back
Top Bottom