Hot Topic What is your favorite armor, and why?

1697162055554.png

Fossil armor
Early pre-hardmode too hard? Not anymore with this armor set and its amazing projectile weapons.

Functionally speaking, my favorite armor set (assuming unmodded) would probably be solar armor or valhalla knight armor

As for aesthetically speaking, i really crimson armor for some inexplicable reason and i also like the new hallowed armor because C̶̨̛̛͖͕͎̰̺͂́́̎̓͠ ̷̗͇̪̟̻̫̖̘͑͆͂̍̑̈́͗̂̊̋́̾̚̚̚͝A̷̢̪͉̦̫̰͉̗̒̅̈̾̉͐͌̀̍̕̕͝ ̷̡̧̺̝̔̈́̉͛͌̄͒̚P̷̧̦̞̩̱̭̘͎̭͒͑͋͊̃̀̑̋̂̾̔̿̅͘͝ ̷̧͇̭̱̗̪͈͍̦̩̭̹̟̇͂̌̀͒̚͠ͅË̵̱̫͛̂̌̀͑́͒͗̒͛̚

Ooh, I adore Vortex Armour, Stardust too. Out of the four endgame armours those two speak to me more given their set bonuses don't utterly ruin how your character looks. Spectre armour looks incredible too, but I dislike how it makes your character translucent.

Frost Armor. Not only does it look so beautifully cool (No pun intended), but the buffs it gives in update version 1.4.1 makes it a great offensive armor, like seriously, +26% melee AND ranged damage? Who doesn’t love that? Along with the ability for melee and ranged attacks to inflict a strong version of Frostburn called Frostbite, it also provides a decent 43 defense which is more than enough for early hardmode. The best part about this armor in the current versions of Terraria is that you can get this at the start of Hardmode as soon as the Wall of Flesh has been defeated as all you need is 3 frost cores and 46 adamantite or titanium bars at a mythril or orichalcum anvil.

My favorite armor is Shadow Armor, followed closely by Crystal Assassin. Shadow Armor makes non-mounted movement actually feel okay, and Crystal Assassin armor has a dash length that nothing can match until after Plantera; both of them also provide stats that'll help you equally no matter what weapon you're using (unless you're a summoner, and I hate playing summoner, so all's well), so I can wear the armor set no matter what class or hybrid I'm currently focusing on.

The plain Wood Armor is made to be the worst armor in the game and there's one thing I like about how bad it is. Wood Greaves have a whopping 0 Defense and, unlike the Amethyst Robe, it has no bonus. The Greaves also needs more wood than the Wood Helmet, so the cheapest piece of the set isn't the worst! Wood Greaves aren't entirely useless though because you need it for the Set Bonus of +1 Defense.
(Arguably, the Djinn's Curse is worse than Wood Greaves because it gives slow fall, which makes it more than just Vanity but is way worse than anything you can get in that point in the game except Pearlwood Greaves, but it's clearly made for Vanity.)

After the changes, Hallowed Armor.
You can carry it to the end of the game, because its immunity buff is extremelly handy, even more when paired with
the cross necklace or evolution accessories.

Back
Top Bottom