What misconceptions did you have when you started playing?

When I first got Light's Bane, I was so impressed. I thought I'd gotten a legendary sword. Better yet, I forged it with Godly, and at the time I thought that was the best modifier, because, well, Godly.

Oh, and when I first came across the Crimson (different world, it was with friends) - it was finding a vein of red ice leading down a snow tunnel. I thought it was the entrance to some secret dungeon, and I mined some red ice to use in my house because how cool was that.
Lol. When I got an ice b
Ladd it had fourteen damage sand I was like, IVE WON TERRARIA.
[doublepost=1509922409,1509922389][/doublepost]
Lol. When I got an ice b
Ladd it had fourteen damage sand I was like, IVE WON TERRARIA.
Lol Blade* And*

When I first began playing Terraria a couple years ago, my friend that introduced me to the game (and had not much more experience than me) told me that glowsticks were super valuable and used to craft strong gear. He was wrong. Very wrong.

Share you stories! What misconceptions about the game did you have when you began?
I thought if you kill both Cthulhu bosses at once on a blood moon, it would summon Cthulhu. Thankfully I was wrong, as I'd imagine Cthulhu would be harder than all bosses combined times a thousand.

Oh yeah, I remember another one,

My classmates once didn't wanted me to join their server.
So they said to me that once hardmode was enabled, it'll turn all your characters into hardcore when entering a server.
I still tried to join them regardless. :p

This is an old one but when I first got Terraria - my first world was a medium-sized Corruption world, and what I later know to be three different Corruption spawns ended up completely back-to-back or layered over each other (which would explain the really shattered landscape in places), forming an extremely long and unbroken biome between my desert and my jungle. As a result, I thought that it was normal for only one evil biome to spawn in a world. I was baffled and disturbed by subsequent worlds that had all these separate tainted areas, and for a while I thought that was just a difference between the Crimson and the Corruption. Now I know I was actually just really lucky.

That to beat any boss you needed a specially designed arena, best armour set available and certain accessories and weopans with certain prefixes along with thousands of buffs. The corruption would destroy my world.

I remember another one:
the Tutorial Level and tips say that hammers can break Heart Crystals and Furniture.. that is basically 1.1, not the current mobile version I played

I thought naturally spawned dirt backwalls blocked enemy spawns in the same way as player-placed ones, so I was very surprised when zombies started spawning in the tunnels of my base when the blood moon hit.

When I heard about the corruption/crimson actually spreading to other places, I immediately started... well... cleansing the world.
I literally farmed every single corruption block in my World.
Well... that sure wasn't fun.

Back
Top Bottom