What misconceptions did you have when you started playing?

That when Potion Sickness first came out, bosses were made OP.

At least I quickly realized my error when I tried buff potions and ACTUALLY DODGING
(still don't like how for some bosses you absolutely HAVE to abuse AI or get tons of allies to survive tho, or just get super lucky. practically-forced hits are not good design!)

I had never played Minecraft though, I suppose it was because I treated this more like an RPG than anything else it was supposed to be.
I was looking for hours for an NPC. I was like, "Where do I find these people?!"
I also though on mobile when it said "______ would like to settle down," there was real people wanting me to turn PvP off. XD So for a whole YEAR I thought NPCs were real people.

And then (once again on mobile) I saw a tip while the world was loading that said something like, "Build a house so an NPC can move in." And then it all clicked. NPCs weren't real people, I had to build a house, and the "______ would like to settle down" was NPCs trying to move in... I was dumb back in the day.

I was looking for hours for an NPC. I was like, "Where do I find these people?!"
I also though on mobile when it said "______ would like to settle down," there was real people wanting me to turn PvP off. XD So for a whole YEAR I thought NPCs were real people.

And then (once again on mobile) I saw a tip while the world was loading that said something like, "Build a house so an NPC can move in." And then it all clicked. NPCs weren't real people, I had to build a house, and the "______ would like to settle down" was NPCs trying to move in... I was dumb back in the day.

Ahh, that's nothing compared to the fact that I more, or less recently figured out how to attract npc's (after playing 134 hours), but when adding in walls I thought to myself "I could make these walls neat" so instead of just plastering them over each other, I segmented them on top of each other. After 30 tedious minutes of that grueling labor, and waiting for an hour for anyone, or anything to move in, I found out my homestead was still invalid due the walls being "missing," which should've been apparent to me earlier on when I couldn't even hang a portrait on them.

So I decided to just instead download a map with pre-fabricated accommodation's. I then proceeded in commiting to a mass exodus of all the items I've collected thus far, transferring them to my new steadfast, which meant everyone one of each material component, weapons, armors, miscellaneous item, potions from the base game and whatever else I haven't listed out already, including those added by the mods, (Thorium, Calamity, Spirit, Tremor, Omnir, etc) which took another hour, and more then afterwards as I realized the there weren't enough chests in my new home, and along with that of my old one combined to hold said items because I wanted to further reorganize the contents I planned to place within them.

I then decided that I've enough Terraria for the day, and went to make a pot tea and to watch some t.v. In short, you may have been dumb, but it seems that i'm completely clueless.

I thought you broke wood with an axe when you placed it. Also that the BoC was a hardmode boss on corruption worlds because i never saw crimson.
I thought the Moon Lord was the BoC, and that the Crimson didn't even exist. I also thought the Terra Blade was chest loot, so...

another misconception I thought:
a player said that blindfolds make players petrify-proof, actually Medusa's drop a Pocket Mirror which is effective against petrifying

I thought you broke wood with an axe when you placed it.
This was actually the case back in 1.1. That was changed in 1.2 to simplify the tools into their own roles (pickaxe mines everything but walls and trees, hammer hammers blocks and removes walls, axes cut down trees).

For a while before 1.1 launched, I had been trawling through the wiki, and had assumed that all the 1.1 content was currently in the game, in version 1.0.6.1. Imagine my surprise when 1.1 actually released, and I could destroy a guide voodoo doll and actually get the WoF to spawn. RIP voodoo dolls 1 and 2...

Threw away my tools and thought I could dig stuff with my bare hands.

... yeah...
Of course, beacuse Dao of Pow was good, it was one of the best weapons for fighting destroyer back then :')
[doublepost=1519424533,1519424105][/doublepost]
I thought that copper was good (because it was a metal) so I used my copper shortsword to fight the EOC (I lost) the next day my friend told me wood was better I thought he was lying, then we PVP'd.......
I love you so much! With thau niciek unicorn i mean

- When I started the game, I tried to get planks with an axe like in Minecraft but then I realized you have to use a pickaxe for it.
- I thought weapons like shurikens or throwing knives were good, even though I was fighting like a noob with friends who were using bows or space guns to kill a WoF.

Also I thought you could fly without limits if you had wings... but well that would be too OP.

I thought a blood moon was a harmless event. one time i went out stargazing when a blood moon was rising. i did not think it was a big deal until the blood zombies came. I only had iron armor and a iron sword, i died that night.

Thankfully, I learned my lesson for the solar eclipse. :D
[doublepost=1538442423,1538442360][/doublepost]
When I started the game, I tried to get planks with an axe like in Minecraft but then I realized you have to use a pickaxe for it.
same here.

Friend bought the 3DS version for me, thought it was basically 2D Minecraft.

Starts to chop down a tree. Oh, a bunny! What a cute game! :nursepassionate:

*Bunny blithely wanders into the path of the axe. Its remains splatter across the screen.*

So that's how it is, is it?

Proceeds to spend 100s of hours slaughtering and being slaughtered. :nursecool:

Back
Top Bottom