What's your luckiest time in a boss fight?

just a few minutes ago I almost died to expert mode Plantera, I had 1 health left and I still had 15 seconds left to heal and it was on its second form. I somehow lived long enough to heal up and beat him for the first time.

I was fighting the Eye of Cthulhu with some friends on our world, it was almost day so we thought we were screwed, as he charged at us from spawning, a falling star 360 noscoped him and took him down to second form almost instantly.

Imagine going through the Duke battle without getting a single scratch, partially it was me dodging efficiently, partly because somehow a chain of fallen stars kept hitting him.

it seems fallen stars are made of chlorophyte bullets in this thread

That moment when I realised the Destroyer is the Easiest Mechanical Boss.
And every single WoF Assault Rifle Drop. It's almost as rare as his throphy for me!

One day (today), I was fighting the Twins.
It was 4:00 AM, and Retanizer had 5000 health.
Trying to be careful, I had him at 2000 by 4:20. Realizing I wasn't going to make it, and at 20 health, I charged.
Retanizer started doing his machine gun, but even though I was running straight at him, he missed EVERY SHOT.
Crystal Storm took him out in 5 seconds. Didn't try to dodge in those 5 seconds, took not one hit (even though Retanizer was machine gunning).

One day (today), I was fighting the Twins.
It was 4:00 AM, and Retanizer had 5000 health.
Trying to be careful, I had him at 2000 by 4:20. Realizing I wasn't going to make it, and at 20 health, I charged.
Retanizer started doing his machine gun, but even though I was running straight at him, he missed EVERY SHOT.
Crystal Storm took him out in 5 seconds. Didn't try to dodge in those 5 seconds, took not one hit (even though Retanizer was machine gunning).
Matrix.

Me and a friend were fighting the Wall of Flesh.
I died, and he had very little health left, and he was no longer on the bridge.
Right before the Wall killed him, he fired one last shot from his Phoenix Blaster.
He died, and the bullet hit the Wall and killed it.

BoC, in its natural habitat. He decides he's going to trap me in a tunnel like he usually does, but THIS time I have a WATER BOLT that I got from the surface area of the dungeon.

Killed his eyes off, but I was still hurting a bit because I kept getting hit over and over again because he wouldn't give me any room to move (this is why I HATE not having KB immunity). I had like 5-6 hearts left and he had just entered his 2nd form and I was still in the tunnel; I just got a mana refill from the last couple eyes to die so I just throw a bunch of water bolts.

Hit him who knows how many times as he charged at me, then he teleported backwards and got nailed by the same bolts as they came back from hitting the opposite wall, And he got hit from the new bolts I was shooting... then he teleported again, right in the path of the bolts again...

Probably like 5 seconds.... dead brain and me standing there going "HAH!"

No way I shoulda won that fight normally.

My second WoF fight, first with that world and character. I'd tricked out my hellroad with mines, boulders, dart traps, cover, heart statues, you name it. Apparently he had been buffed a bit because he ate it all. I'd only built it up to the first tower, and I was throwing everything I had at this guy while noticing I was crossing the last few bridges toward it. I knew if I had to slither through the towers while fighting him I'd get wrecked, so I stopped at the first tower and made a stand, ready to let him steamroll me. I was out of bullets, almost out of mana, and the gap between the wall and the Wall was closing on me, then Squish! And a demonite vault appears right in front of me.

Skeletron Prime (EXPERT) fighting as ranged, the only arm left was the chainsaw. I was at 7/400 Hp, chainsaw was about 3 tiles away from me, skele prime nearly dead, and then one of my shots somehow landed on the head and he died right before the chainsaw was about to hit me.

Diong my first EoC fight on top of my NPC housing, he's down to almost half his health and tries to come at me from below and then suddenly dies..
Reason, one of the Demolisionists grenades had hit him and instantly killed him!
Truly epic!

The luckiest moment for me in terms of boss fights was when my frost hydra killed the cultist as I died.

Was killing the Destroyer and a fallen star hit like 40 of its segments as it charged up towards me. I flipped :red: lol.

I was fighting expert skeletron with molten armor and a molten fury with hellfire arrows. I didn't know that killing one hand activated the skulls. I took heavy damage and in the end, I had only 6 hp left.

Back
Top Bottom