Will you be there to face what comes next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from what Chippy stated it's a portal.
Cause at the same time that the image/gif was released Dungeon Defenders also released something.
In the DD's teaser it showed a portal to what looked like a 3d version of Terraria.
So I'm with him thinking that it's a portal for a crossover game between Terraria and Dungeon Defenders.

Well from what Chippy stated it's a portal.
Cause at the same time that the image/gif was released Dungeon Defenders also released something.
In the DD's teaser it showed a portal to what looked like a 3d version of Terraria.
So I'm with him thinking that it's a portal for a crossover game between Terraria and Dungeon Defenders.

The question is how? Will we literally be able to play both games just through a portal? Or is it just iconic to connect both worlds together? Or maybe it's a type of other-game invasion.

I'm not sure after watching his video on it, the dungeon defender's teaser only showed the portal and beyond the portal
it showed what looked like a terraria world with crimson on the left and untouched land on the right.
But it is a good theory on it.

-=EDIT=-
Forgot to also mention.
The crossover bit may have enemies from either games crossing over into one another.
Like enemies from Dungeon Defenders entering the terrarian worlds, and vice versa.

I found this on the news updates for DD2 discussing their future plans: http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332296598830295

We’re mid-stream in our four-phase plan to launch out of Early Access. Phase I was the campaign revamp, setting the stage for Phase II, which I like to call “The Big Thing.” You may remember us laughing about this name during Devstream 66. The goal of “The Big Thing” is to get more new players into the game to help test out our Phase I changes. It’s also just really awesome. The marketing team has a media roll out plan, which has been a secret since February, so keep your eyes peeled!

Does this mean the crossover is purely marketing or is there a chance for the two to be intertwined somehow?

Till now I hadn't heard of DD, but after seeing you guys mention it, it does look kinda like Terraria through that portal in the teaser. Also, as someone else already mentioned, this teaser and the CD teaser were released at nearly the same time. And if you notice, the devs aren't making any jokes about this as they have for the other ideas people have had.

I found this on the news updates for DD2 discussing their future plans: http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332296598830295

We’re mid-stream in our four-phase plan to launch out of Early Access. Phase I was the campaign revamp, setting the stage for Phase II, which I like to call “The Big Thing.” You may remember us laughing about this name during Devstream 66. The goal of “The Big Thing” is to get more new players into the game to help test out our Phase I changes. It’s also just really awesome. The marketing team has a media roll out plan, which has been a secret since February, so keep your eyes peeled!

Does this mean the crossover is purely marketing or is there a chance for the two to be intertwined somehow?

Look also both groups are calling their thing BIG, with emphasis on big. The people in the comments on Steam for the DD teaser also thought that it looked like Terraria on the other side as well. I'm going with this idea.

EDITt: Only thing is, is that this portal is a bit of a different style from the DD one.

Last edited:
Well, if it really is a portal to the DD world and we're supposed to "face it", it sounds very much like we're getting a DD-themed invasion event.

The flames don't look exactly normal. It's clearly something out of the ordinary What IS ordinary in this game? So, the question is, what is it?

Examining the silhouette, it's an oval shaped object in a desert biome that is pulsing, and has a magical, Flame-LIKE aura. You can tell it's not normal fire when you compare it to a Campfire. It's also completely floating, with no ground in sight.

latest
The Campfire's fire rises and dissipates. The mysterious object shown lashes out, and spins. But we already knew it's not normal, right?

Another thing to notice is that it's Pulsing, Not lowering and rising. That seemed to be a common misconception i saw while reading what everyone said. You can tell because the top part is not moving along with the bottom.

It's also in some form of desert biome, as you'll notice from the backround.

So, quick rundown.

Oval shaped. (Head? Disc? Speed warped object?)
Strange fire-like aura. (Magical? Extra-terrestrial? Both? NEITHER?!)
Floating. (Magical too? Thrusters? Telekinesis?)
Pulsing. (Breathing? Magical AS WELL? Mechanical?)

Or, maybe it really is just a flaming redigit head. :red:

right at the moment... I'm agreeing with ChirpyGaming on this one. The portal idea does seen to fit... and hopefully, this could mean a new dimension-to-dimension transport?

this could mean WAY bigger horizons for modding.

I can accept it to be almost everything, just plz not 5th pillar or new Crimson boss
I'll drown in my own tears if it's one of the two mentioned above ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom