Your most frustrating moments as a noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i startet playing i was a huge fan of pets so i came across a supicus looking eye and i thougt cool new pet BOOM i was dead

Getting killed by Dungeon Guardians
I thought you're able to kill them when you get stronger but nope

and the NPCs calling my armor shoddy /tear
[DOUBLEPOST=1423370260][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was never a noob.

Not in Minecraft, not in Terraria...

Wikis FTW. Read 'em entirely before I even bought the game.
Doesn't that take the fun out of the game?
[DOUBLEPOST=1423370310][/DOUBLEPOST]
When i startet playing i was a huge fan of pets so i came across a supicus looking eye and i thougt cool new pet BOOM i was dead

this is my favorite

I first joined a multiplayer server. And I spawned with only an axe. I had to ask my cousin for a pick. Before then, I was trying to break blocks with a hammer.

Also, dying to my first ever devourer, which I thought it was the Eater of Worlds.

Trying to protect your first house from a horde of zombies (using a copper shortsword) with the guide opening the frickin door all the time.
I even made a trap that drops lava on whoever opens the door later in the game.

Trying to protect your first house from a horde of zombies (using a copper shortsword) with the guide opening the frickin door all the time.
I even made a trap that drops lava on whoever opens the door later in the game.
If it wouldn't despawn, I would just drop a guide voodoo doll on top of actuated blocks above lava, then set a trap of that sort.

Old man : i can't let you in until you beat my curse
Looks up how to beat his curse, Gets troll response, and i do it (it was go inside and demolish his dungeon) I couldn't break the bricks so...
:red:ing dead.

Not so much a noob, but I remember looking at the wiki, and thinking 'wow... Hardmode. I'll never be that good' I remember how mystical bosses like planters seemed.

I also remember back way before I bought the game, my friend used an inventory editor to get items. He found the 'highest damage sword' - the blade of grass.

Thinking the Hardmode Dungeon was unlocked as soon as the Wall of Flesh was defeated.

"All I need to do is get myself the Shadowbeam Staff and then I can go on to kill the Destroyer!"

Two hours of searching for Necromancers later...

"Well, no luck. Time to grab my Breaker Blade and do it myself."

What with me only having clocked about 20 hours at this point, I'm still a newbie LOL. So far I think my biggest mistake was trying to take on the EoC with...wait for it...boreal wood armor. And no buffs. The only thing I had working in my favor was a big stack of Jester Arrows. If it weren't for me watching LPs beforehand I wouldn't have even had that much.

Funny thing is I just about killed it; it only had about 150 HP left when it pwned me.

Live and learn. LOL...

What with me only having clocked about 20 hours at this point, I'm still a newbie LOL. So far I think my biggest mistake was trying to take on the EoC with...wait for it...boreal wood armor. And no buffs. The only thing I had working in my favor was a big stack of Jester Arrows. If it weren't for me watching LPs beforehand I wouldn't have even had that much.

Funny thing is I just about killed it; it only had about 150 HP left when it pwned me.

Live and learn. LOL...
I think it's 'die and learn from your mistakes" because the eye killed you :p

I had so many noobish moments. I'm not even sure if I remember half of them. Whatever, here are a few I do remember:
  • I spent a lot of time and effort building a bridge over a demon altar because I thought that if I jumped on it, it would eat me.
  • I spent several hours underground looking for diamonds just to find out that you can't make diamond swords.
  • When I saw the dungeon... You should know what happened next.
  • When I made an iron pickaxe thinking I would need it to mine any higher quality ores.
  • When I spent an hour trying to find out how to move.

Gotta be the Dungeon Guardian... I must have died several times thinking "If I could just dodge this son of a bounder..!"
That^
And the rest was me just going to the jungle and murdering everything and using jungle armor until I got Mythril armor.
I have no clue why I finally started dying in Hardmode by the Twins,until I figured out there was new armor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom