Official Beta Testers Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, would the NDA entail not being able to decompile Terraria and make mods? That will probably be the biggest deciding factor on whether or not I decide to apply.

Just wondering, would the NDA entail not being able to decompile Terraria and make mods? That will probably be the biggest deciding factor on whether or not I decide to apply.

AFAIK, NDA only applies to not releasing information.

HOWEVER....

Mods increase the chance of stuff breaking and I would assume that they would not want you to make mods for a Beta Version, because a Beta can be unstable by itself; adding mods ontop of it only makes the problem worse, and when you DO encounter a bug, you don't know if it is from Re-Logic's Code or yours.

IMO, Beta Testers should never make/use mods. That's a rather silly idea from a coding perspective.

Get the Beta to Live first, and THEN make mods for it when you know it is stable.

AFAIK, NDA only applies to not releasing information.

HOWEVER....

Mods increase the chance of stuff breaking and I would assume that they would not want you to make mods for a Beta Version, because a Beta can be unstable by itself; adding mods ontop of it only makes the problem worse, and when you DO encounter a bug, you don't know if it is from Re-Logic's Code or yours.

IMO, Beta Testers should never make/use mods. That's a rather silly idea from a coding perspective.

Get the Beta to Live first, and THEN make mods for it when you know it is stable.
What I meant was continuing to make mods for the current version (v1.3.0.8), then only make mods for 1.3.1 once it's actually released.

Thanks for the answer though!

What I meant was continuing to make mods for the current version (v1.3.0.8), then only make mods for 1.3.1 once it's actually released.

Thanks for the answer though!

Oh.

Yeah, the NDA only applies to any new content/changes in 1.3.1. You can still make/release mods for 1.3.0.8 (as long as you do not try to add 1.3.1 content into a 1.3.0.8 mod), however.... if you're spending time coding mods... then you're not beta testing 1.3.1, lol.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

Well crap, my birthday is in 5 days... But otherwise I do "meet the requirements" I supposed... Oh well! Better luck next time I guess...

Last edited:
Just submitted my application, I would love to help find bugs within the game, and I always have plenty of free time on my hands.
Good Luck to all other candidates!

i hope i can join the testers, it's good to help the community tracing bugs and testing the game perforance on devices like mine. :)

Yaaaay, I just turned old enough to sign up for this!

Though...I dunno how my parents would react to me asking them to sign that, but I should at least give it a try...

I can't wait to see what amazing testers are accepted. There better be an announcement for the soon-to-be sacrificed those talented individuals.

Last edited:
Is there a deadline to when you need to submit your Application?

Also I'm guessing this is the case, but to know for sure any Personal Information you give to the Re-Logic Staff will remain Confidential?

And the NDA is signed over the Internet?
As far as I know a scanned copy of a printed version is what is preferred. Keep in mind I know nothing about the process so that might be proven to be incorrect.

As far as I know a scanned copy of a printed version is what is preferred. Keep in mind I know nothing about the process so that might be proven to be incorrect.

I do recall it being said that it would be done that way; take a look at the old mod application thread, you might find info there.

Also, I'll note that it is totally valid to be able to sign an nda through an online form (which is why you can legally "sign" the tos of a site online) because of the E-Sign Act or something like that. I'm not sure what "scanned copy of a printed version [of an nda]" falls under, but I'm almost positive it's valid, mainly because it has your (or a guardian's) signature on it. It's also possible that the nda is printed out then sent to Re-Logic (like, through-the-mail sent) but that would be a big hassle to wait for.

But what do I know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom