Yoraiz0r
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    Because the current Wire Colors represent the RGB Light Spectrum?
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    I 'personally' agree, as a player I also acknowledge that working with just 3 parallel wiring channels can get annoying though.

My greater nitpick is how everything we have in the code goes RBGY instead of RGBY and I force myself to follow the consistency...
    five--three
    five--three
    I can definitely see why you think that :p

That took me a long time to figure out, and it still catches me today :D I always get really tripped up when the green things are only working for blue wire :(

Then once I thought I had it downpat, when I was entering in a color I was wondering why the heck XNA was using the wrong colorspace order :'(
    Just thought of this question: If someone is pesist enough, will the kill count of a mob in a would become negative?
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    That's a good question. Theoretically if someone killed ~2 billion of a single mob, that might cause that phenomenon where it rolls to negative because of the shift from 11111111 to 0000000 as an example, but then again the number is likely an unsigned integer which would take it back to 0 maybe Yorai?
    felis
    felis
    Well Recently I found it possible to edit the tally count by a Hex editor, see here. And I did found some funny results.
    felis
    felis
    Firstly, it does become negative when about 2.1 billion, like this:
    vdKWYPG.png

And if it's about 4.2 billion, it become 0 again (and you also get a banner).
    oIIaDiO.png

Finally, it does not overflow so that even you get the 4.2 billion kill, it does not affect the tally count of other mobs.
    You are my favorite Terraria programmer! <3
    Can't wait for 1.3.1. Say, will you ever try to optimize the game better, because I have lag issues, even with my more than capable specs. Will you ever add Multi - threading? I think users like me would benefit tremendously from that. I have 8 cores waiting to be put to good use :D.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    Terraria actually does use multiple copes, but it has automatically set as one, for some reason. FPS mostly depend on how is your single core performing. If you really want all of them to work, you launch the game, go to task manager, right click and pick "set affinity". Uncheck "all cores" and then check all of them separately. That's how it worked for me.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    Multi core lighting doesn't affect it that much, I didn't use it and I have some old 2 cores, with also dying laptop, yet I didn't have fps problems.
    Techdude594
    Techdude594
    I will try this when I get home. Thank you very much for your help.
    Hello, Yoraiz0r. I have recently upgraded my computer, but I am still noticing issues, even though my specs are more than capable of running Terraria, which *should not* be a very demanding game. (Specs: CPU: AMD FX 8350, GPU: XFX AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MhZ Ram).
    Techdude594
    Techdude594
    (cont.) I also notice a better frame rate while underground, and sometimes experience lag while transitioning between biomes, like mushroom biome and normal underground. My graphics card has 4gb VRAM, maybe my CPU and GPU are not compatible?
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Okay, you say you use 1920x1080... is it the same resolution as your desktop? And yes, you will get worse framerates when windowed, windowed takes more processing power than fullscreen. Try 1600x900 and see if your framerate improves. And there's no "compatibility" issue, if the hardware works, it works.
    Techdude594
    Techdude594
    1920 x 1080 is the same resolution as my desktop. I will give 1600 x 900 a try today, and see if it does me any better.
    did i say thank you before? :v
    Dg-vr
    Dg-vr
    Anyway, have a present doodle. ;)
    dI9LD3A.jpg
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    This is awesome, thank you! =D
    Great attention to details on the cloak and glove wings, I'm having a slight difficulty understanding the pose
    Thank you so much for all of your hard work even though I don't have a controller to begin with.
    Reactions: Doylee
    FaZe EPIX
    FaZe EPIX
    Get Up.
    Go To The Video Game Store(Idk What Game Stores You Have In The US)
    Get An Xbox One Or Ps4 Controller.
    Come Back.
    Sit Back Down.
    Easy.
    ThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksusukThanksThanksThanksThanks
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom