Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Bleh so youtube is apparently having problems or something.....
    Aesir
    Aesir
    It seems to be just fine for me.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I've seen a few other peeps saying they have trouble. *shrug*
    Of all the things to get hung up on... goblins REFUSE to spawn. 5 days after EoW, no goblins, so I decided to try something (cont)
    Reactions: neoselket
    Sargon
    Sargon
    RNG is a bastard.
    Granger
    Granger
    Go to the outer thirds of the world and kill some goblin scouts, craaft the goblin army summon from the ragged cloth they drop.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    That's what I wound up having to do, usually they don't spawn very good, but I just happened to get Clownfish as a daily fish and the stupid thing did not wanna bite for half the day, and I wound up with enough cloth (barely) to make a banner by the time I caught it.
    So I found an Undertale Flowey situation that Toby failed to foresee. (obvious spoilers)
    Reactions: Eli10293
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I was expecting him to say something like "Really, <name>? You had it all and you threw it away. Why!?"
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And/or some kind of comment (as Flowey SHOULD remember that you know who he really is, he should remember that battle with Asriel, etc. Surely he would have had SOMETHING to say about that too)
    K
    Krasunir
    True.
    Looking back, since mobile Terraria can't be launched for no reason, I decided to reminisce at many things, from the moments I had when I first got it for PC to our various exchanges on these forums...
    Reactions: Xylia
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    It feels so good having obtained the chance to reflect and relive, but it also gave the time to tell you that you're a respectful individual who's not afraid to voice their opinion and looks out for others. All in all, thank you. Thank you very much.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    *blinks* Uh, thanks! Seems out of the blue, but thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I try to speak my mind, ain't no reason to beat around the bush, but also try to show respect when I can, too many peeps around don't, that's for sure, lol.
    So Stardew Valley was finally released two days ago, and I give it, easily, 9/10. It ain't perfect (nothing is), but it isn't far from it.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Just to add: 24h playtime, so it ain't like I'm judging the game without really playing it. I think 24h over two and a half days should tell you how much I like the game, lol.
    Welp, Cheezburger is once again taking 30+ seconds to even load the html, lol. It's basically a "why bother to check it?" kinda thing.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Since the site never loads the pics half of the time anyways, and that's 99% of the reason to even go to cheezburger in the first place.
    So... have you been to Pittsburgh before? I'm just wondering.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    A couple times. I didn't get much chance to look around; I'm not really one for big cities.
    The use of meteorite blocks should be banned from adventure maps. Seriously, mobs pestering you every 3 sec is not fun by any means.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    It's not just that map, played a couple others. It's just a cheap and over-used tactic of the mapmakers to introduce frustration labelled as "challenge". The other map that I played had it much worse, wooden spike-lined hallways everywhere, lava, honey blocks... and of course, meteorite blocks...
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And the final room had FOUR bee larvae, but yet also lots and lots of meteorite heads, so you were guaranteed to accidentally hit the larvae while trying to fight off the scads of meteorite heads... and the room to fight the bees in, had only slippery slime block ledges. Ya thanks.
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    I don't find them that difficult to deal with, but maybe that's because I've had experience with them before they were smacked with many nerfs.

I've seen the blocks used to lock sections off until a player gets protection, the spawn rate is usually pretty low though.
    Why is it, that a lot of fan-made content assumes that all players are MLG players? Seriously, now..not everybody is a Korean that can(cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I also might take a grappling hook just to skip that and similar parts to see the rest of it (but only use it where the claws were meant to be used).
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    To be honest, the wall climbing gets a lot funner with dashing. Remember one segment being (to me) a good kind of fun to do.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So I actually finished it with a grappling hook, only using said hook in really difficult spots, or to skip having to re-make jumps over and over again if I failed to get it the first time and I'm kinda glad I did, the rest of it was rather fun, though I found the last segment (including the boss) to be way easier than expected.
    So... Chucklefish is down... -again-. This is what, #4? #5? this year alone, and it's not even halfway through Feb?
    Reactions: beatrice69420
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    I didn't know that thing about flags though, I thought you could only teleport to one specific place on a planet.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    That requires you to be playing either Borderless Window (which Terraria doesn't even have), or Windowed (which I hate). Minimizing Full-Screen causes lots of instability in games in general and it is not a practice I like to do any more than I absolutely must.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Flags now act as teleporters and you can learn a teleport location from a racial flag that you make an place. You can't teleport FROM a Flag (you can beam to it), but in the latest Starbound Stable, you can beam to your ship from underground, so it still works.
    I have news from Flying Omelette!
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I saw that awhile ago... and I've known about that for years, lol. When a fish is low on health, it starts panicking or "cowering" and it does that weird animation... all varieties of fish will do this, but the window to get it to do that is rather small.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Huh. It's kinda cute, though.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, it's one of those little gems in the game, there's a lot of them lol. Some are glitches some are just hidden rather well.
    [SoM] I'll probably end up being Lv99 before ever getting a Griffon Helm, considering my usual luck (or lack thereof).
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Ahh. Eh, never heard of the 2nd one actually... but yeah I shoulda explained in the 2nd post or something. Stupid ridiculously small character limit anyways.
    OFF
    OFF
    20130508143543_af6d5b3a.jpg

it's the name of a popular arcade game, talking about old glories ^^
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Ahh, okay. Yeah, I was never much for arcades... didn't have any near where I live.
    ...what's the point in putting the soundtrack of a SNES game in 1080p videos on youtube? to waste filespace for still pictures?
    I hate my luck sometimes. 35 Hoplites and 1 Pants and 4 Helmets in a row. When I actually want the armor, I'm lucky I see 4-5 per game day.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I just wish the stupid hoplites would more consistently spawn while you're standing in the marble biome... I see twice as many medusa as I do hoplites and it's annoying. And of course the bats... and slimes... so many bats and slimes....
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Tell me about it. Those spawn rates are disproportionally low, if you ask me.
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    They should fix Medusa's gaze seeing through blocks, lower Hoplite damage (they hit almost as hard as fishron in expert..) and increase their drop rates.
    Dunno why when a website is being slow, you get to stare at a blank white page, even if you view source and see that you have all of it.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    What I don't understand is why the browser will not display the text that's in the source, why it simply MUST wait on images to load before showing you the webpage, especially if I'm just trying to wiki something.
    So... Have you met the wonderous Flying Omelette and/or Codie Martin? They have some rather interesting reports on late 20th century pop culture.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Never heard of them no... mmm I'll have to browse over some of this stuff sometime, thanks!
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    You're welcome! FO owns a copy of Terraria, by the way!
    Dude, PressHeartToContinue's reactions to the endings of Undertale are hilarious... never laughed so much until these videos.
    So what, Chucklefish Forums went down AGAIN? I wish they'd just leave those guys alone. Seriously, now....
    Reactions: Dg-vr
    Dg-vr
    Dg-vr
    it was sarcatic, anyway, why the go down so frequently, or they got "hacked" again? o_O
    Xylia
    Xylia
    That's what I'm thinking, because I've never seen it completely down since the hacking... though this time, the entire shebang is down, and not JUST the forums, so I'm thinking maybe DDoS or something this time.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Apparently, it's just a maintenance. Musta been an unannounced one, but a message finally showed up on their twitter. lol
    I'd love to see a video of someone landing the final blow on Moon Lord with a Copper Shortsword...
    Aesir
    Aesir
    I would also love if after killing the moon lord with it, a demon eye came and finished the player off.
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    In a sense, DicemanX defeated the Moon Lord using only the Copper Shortsword in his AFK Expert Mode Playthrough System. In the sense that the Copper Shortsword was the only weapon he had while defeating every major ("Storyline") boss in Terraria here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZNGn8F85w8
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom