PC 1.3.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening Terrarians,

1.3.0.5 is now live! Now that 1.3 is in a good place the Terraria team will be taking a much needed break while @Skiphs continues to chip away at the Mac/Linux port. Thanks again for your on going support and patience, you guys rock. <3

Changes:
  • Added Celestial Sigil, a summoning item for the final boss. (craftable)
  • Moonbite duration has been reduced by 1 second in expert mode and 3 seconds in normal mode.
  • Living leaf walls now count as safe for housing!
  • Buffed Phantasm a bit. (it really was bugged!)
  • Martian drone rarity lowered in Sky Biome (Still higher than original)
  • Martian Drone now shows up on Rare Creature Finder.
  • Vortex and Nebula weapons have been rebalanced to fit some bug fixes they went through.
  • Portal gun bolt speed quadrupled so you can no longer travel faster than your bolt.
  • Eater of Worlds expert mode Vile Spit damage has been reduced.
  • Damage from spikes now checks for immunity separately from other effects.
New cong options:
  • Added Config.json setting "ReverseUpDownForArmorSetBonuses", off by default, if you set it on: stardust and vortex armors will use the UP key instead of DOWN key to trigger set bonuses

Fixes:
  • Fixed Quickstack to all chests not updating recipes list.
  • Fixed "Distorted" debuff freezing players in place rather than changing their movement pattern.
  • Fixed Cute Fishron and Unicorn mounts not having their tooltips.
  • Fixed 1.3.0.3 and earlier versions of worlds not loading successfully under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed issue where you could use items when hovering between the item slots on the bottom row of the inventory.
  • Fixed issue where Drill Containment Unit's mining code would cause unnecessary lag in multiplayer.
  • Fixed Cultists ritual blocking Martian Probe from spawning.
  • Potentially fixed Stardust Dragon desync issue.
  • Fixed Solar Tablet being usable in pre-hardmode, night time or during a solar eclipse under rare circumstances.
  • Fixed some banner names.
  • Fixed Dryad's ward buff reducing npc defense instead of buffing it (and npcs having dryads ward defense when they dont have the buff)
  • Fixed (super rare) bug where hittable projectiles showed HP on mouse hover.
  • Fixed Portal Gun's portals not allowing players to teleport to spots near nonsolid platforms.
  • Fixed Cosmic Car shadow trail glows not fading.
  • Fixed Hades/Loki's dyes causing strange behaviors.
  • Fixed some oddities about portal gates.
  • Fixed a rare lighting crash.
  • Fixed Goblin Scouts despawning not spawning.
  • Fixed vortex weapons not scaling with ranged damage or knockback.
  • Fixed bug that let you quick stack coins that were not in coin slot or hotbar to other chests.
  • Fixed bug where holding pet items would not bring up the equipment page.
  • Fixed torch dupe bug.
  • Fixed all the spider hitboxes when on walls.
  • Fixed chests which turn into big mimics on multiplayer would no longer allow destroying another chest that would be placed in their position.
  • Fixed 'final boss flies to space' bug.
  • Fixed Seedler projectiles not counting as melee / not getting flask effects.
  • Fixed Hoplite enemy javelins showing flask visual effects in singleplayer.
  • Fixed issue where WoF's 'The Hungry''s ropes would turn invisible.
  • Fixed Lunar Hook not allowing you to use the hooks freely unless at least 1 is placed.
  • Fixed being able to open money trough when the game is paused.
nice

I seriously don't need to fight mr.'happy happy fun times' for the 100,000,000,000 time I have a ledgendary meowmere for *** sake why do you add the spawner now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Its MEGA pointless add more mob/boss drops!
[DOUBLEPOST=1436827496,1436827311][/DOUBLEPOST]no offence cenx! sorry if I was rude its just.....................................I dunno :nymph:#interuptingnymph sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sigh:

I seriously don't need to fight mr.'happy happy fun times' for the 100,000,000,000 time I have a ledgendary meowmere for *** sake why do you add the spawner now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Its MEGA pointless add more mob/boss drops.
Preeetty sure you're not the only Terraria player around, a lot of people sure needed that boss spawning item.
Besides now I can mess with people on servers B)

I seriously don't need to fight mr.'happy happy fun times' for the 100,000,000,000 time I have a ledgendary meowmere for *** sake why do you add the spawner now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Its MEGA pointless add more mob/boss drops!
[DOUBLEPOST=1436827496,1436827311][/DOUBLEPOST]no offence cenx! sorry if I was rude its just.....................................I dunno :nymph:#interuptingnymph sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sigh:

Not everyone has beaten the boss, yet. Nor does everyone have all the drops yet. Also, I enjoy fighting him, so it helps me as well. Though, most of the time I'll probably summon him through the Lunar Event anyway.

I would argue that the Tentacle is useful, but then again, you get it post-Moon Lord.
The last boss in the game gives you something to look for ores... ores which are useless to you if you already beat the hardest boss there is.
Add on the fact that the wisp might be better just because you can control him with asdw.
It almost feels like it should be a drop from either the mechanical bosses or Plantera, to help look for Chlorophyte and such.

Yeah, I didn't say it was useless. Though, it is kind of funny :p Especially since the Magic Lantern has a similiar function :D

My app crashes on startup, generating the following error message:

System.Threading.SynchronizationLockException: Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
at Terraria.IO.Preferences.Save(Boolean createFile)
at Terraria.Main.SaveSettings()
at Terraria.Main.OpenSettings()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Windows 10 Technical Preview 10166
[DOUBLEPOST=1436826953,1436826873][/DOUBLEPOST]Using "Run As Administrator" on the .exe seems to have solved my problem for now.
Thanks for the report - try checking "my documents/my games/Terraria" and delete your 'config' file there, it may fix it for you (though we would appreciate getting a copy before you delete it, if you don't mind?)

I was trying to switch worlds with my character then terraria crashes and deletes those worlds. Anyway I can retrieve the world I worked 200+ hours on?
Got to "my documents/my games/Terraria/Worlds" folder and see if you can find a file with the world's name, chances are it just fails to load it properly - send it over and we can take a look and see what's wrong :)
Seems like it disappears at random, and doesn't return until Terraria is restarted.
Actually that is a bug I replied to a while earlier - it has been fixed for whenever we put another fix up but you can simply bring the button back by opening any NPC shop - the only thing that makes the button disappear is the Money Trough too so you can use a normal piggybank in the meantime (sorry for the inconvenience)

Glad there's a summon item now for Moon Lord. Now I can sit in my bare bones arena with my Solar Eruption and Paladin's Hammer/Possessed Hatchet whacking away at ML without worrying about the Lunar event.

The Quickstack to nearby chest has been disappear, i don't see anymore...
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-icon-disappearing-1-3-0-5.25653/#post-615750
Known issue - I replied on the fix a few times on the changelog thread - until the next fix is out you can bring the button back by opening any NPC shop, and the button only disappears after you use a Money Trough (using a normal piggybank as a temporary solution will work perfectly fine though) (sorry for the inconvenience)
Hopefully this clears it up :)

When will the borderless window issue be addressed? I find it frustrating to lose my mouse to my other monitor during the middle of furious boss battles.

One other suggestion: if you're going to revamp Moon Lord, why not give him phases like the moon? Different attack phases, minion spawning, etc... might make it a more interesting boss to fight.

Thanks for the updates and keep up the good work.

Yes!
Now losing to the Moon Lord can be fun! (and a learning experience)
As opposed to being a huge waste of your 10-20 minutes of killing the Lunar Pillars...

Also, I can put my 999 stacks of lunar fragments to good use now.

In fact, I've gotten so much more practice by being able to summon the Moon Lord that I can beat him without buff potions now... though not a sure thing, it really shows how much better it is to be able to just practice and try again, rather than be so afraid of losing because trying new strategies can waste a frustrating amount of time if you don't do it right.

Idk what happened but after this update I could no longer Join my friends server via steam. Every time i try to join it first says " Connecting to (friends name) server". Then it will say "Found Server" for about 1/4 of a second then say " Lost Connection".

I've tried to join on multiple computers now and they all have the same problem. Any solutions to this?
i have the same problem, any fixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom