• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

butterflypixie

Terrarian
Block swap depends on your highest pickaxe power of the pickaxe(s) in your inventory. You won't be able to block swap ebonstone, crimstone, Dungeon Bricks and so on unless you have a pickaxe that can mine them normally.
ive been informed thank you for telling me anway:D

Kardfogu

Steampunker
Just let me replace the the regular wooden platforms my Demon Altar spawned on with Living Wood platforms - that world was generated before 1.2.4 and the Demon Altar spawned in one of my Living Trees.

Honestly replacing blocks under a Demon Altar or equivalent would be nice.

Airarret

Terrarian
Brings to mind a good question: will blockswap work with wands (bone, living wood, living leaf, living mahogany, etc.), or only with blocks that can be placed directly?

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
Brings to mind a good question: will blockswap work with wands (bone, living wood, living leaf, living mahogany, etc.), or only with blocks that can be placed directly?
I would say almost definitely yes, since they are used to place blocks.

Gabrielismo

Pixel Privateer
This new feature, which we are calling Block Swap, allows players to replace one block with another without having to break the previous block first! Tired of the way your house looks? Now you no longer have to tear the whole house down to change it. Need to clean up those random clay and stone blocks in your yard? Just swap them all out with your block of choice - much faster than mining them all individually!
So we can swap Lihizard blocks, right? Or does the block have to be placed in the first place?

Stoovan

Skeletron Prime
So does this mean anyone can get any block (including ores) without a pickaxe since they can just swap it out for some random block?

ppowersteef

Paladin
So does this mean anyone can get any block (including ores) without a pickaxe since they can just swap it out for some random block?
As mentioned in the main post:
Safeman said:
Block Swap uses the mining power of the strongest Pickaxe in your inventory. Therefore, you will not be able to replace blocks that you cannot mine and it will take the same number of "swings" to replace a tile that your current pickaxe takes to mine the same block.

Top Bottom