PC 1/5 of my pre-Hardmode world is Corruption

Jonathan.

Terrarian
I only recently got the Dryad a house, but when talking to her she says my world is 18% corruption. Now because I'm not in Hardmode yet, there is no Underground Corruption, wich leaves me wondering why she would say this considering there couldn't possibly be that much Corruption. If anyone knows what could be the cause of this, please let me know!

Everything can happen. I have had The scourge of the Corruptor spawning in a normal chest (chest overlap glitch), and a floating Demon altar spawning in a Crimson world.

The world generation is strongly based on RNG, and sometimes you'll get a lot of corruption, and sometimes you won't. I've had an entire side of the map (apart from the jungle) being corrupted from world start, which was really frustrating :(
[doublepost=1497988710,1497988602][/doublepost]
Everything can happen. I have had The scourge of the Corruptor spawning in a normal chest (chest overlap glitch), and a floating Demon altar spawning in a Crimson world.

The world generation is strongly based on RNG, and sometimes you'll get a lot of corruption, and sometimes you won't. I've had an entire side of the map (apart from the jungle) being corrupted from world start, which was really frustrating :(
And besides, there is underground corruption before hardmode, right below the surface, due to the chasms, but if you're referring to it appearing in the cavern layer pre-hardmode, you're right.

[doublepost=1497988710,1497988602][/doublepost]
And besides, there is underground corruption before hardmode, right below the surface, due to the chasms, but if you're referring to it appearing in the cavern layer pre-hardmode, you're right.
Thanks for your reply, but the weird thing is that from the surface I seem to have not that much Corruption, so I'm still wondering why she says 18% of the entire world is corrupted when the Cavern layer is entirely untouched.

I just analized the wold in TEdit, it turns out only 1,33% of my world consists of Ebonstone. Is this a bug?

Probably not a bug. The Corruption statistics include more than just Ebonstone. They also include corrupt grass, purple ice and ebonsand varieties. It might also include corrupt thorns, ebonwood trees and so on. The Dryad also takes a bit of time to update her statistics so it's possible the number will change after waiting a bit.

You can upload the world file for other players to check if you wish. (If the forum doesn't permit the upload, try zipping it first.) Alternatively, you can post a screenshot of the world in TEdit. That way we can check if the ~18% looks accurate. :)

Back
Top Bottom