3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going crazy trying to craft a fishing and/or sonar potion. Are these just not in the 3DS version yet or is there something I'm screwing up?
I know that you can get sonar potions as angler quest rewards, but maybe they'll add them as craftable later.

Save Slots bottom.PNG
What is the plus button for?

Fun Fact: There's a grammatical error in one of the death messages
"[Player]'s plead for death was answered by [Enemy]"
It should be "plea".
I'm pretty sure there's also a bizarre loading screen full of typos, but that may have just been me staying up too late `:confused:
I noticed the “plead/plea" thing too, along with the guide telling you that there are rumors of a “powerfully" wizard in these parts. It should be “powerful"

Last edited:
Reactions: bup
I'm glad to see that updates will be a thing on the 3ds version of this!!! Some things that I noticed that I'm sure that have been brought up before as well.

1. You can not mix biomes to allow for AFK farming for key molds. Tried making some farms with different biomes, but only 1 was active at a time.

2. Being able to rename chest would be a must! I forget where I put stuff all the time.

3. Higher tier accessories would also be nice. Like being able to combine the Moon Shell with the Celestial Stone like you can in the PC

4. Drops rates. My son manages to get all the rare Drops on the first try. And I end up farming for HOURS to get the same.

5. Events (Solar Eclipse Mainly) almost never get it.

6. Bosses De-Spawning if they are out of the screen. I'm still within their firing range, but they will de-spawn if you get them out of your sight sometimes. Happened with the Duke Fishron quite often.

7. Being able to zoom the camera out, so you can see a bit more to the world. Also watches and GPS Would be a nice touch. Hard to tell when it's night time. I know you can move the camera around on the N3DS but it's tough to do when you are fighting or moving around without it messing up what you are doing.

But I love this version of Terraria, the controls are fantastic, I love the portability of it, I like being able to play with my kids, and am looking forward to (hopefully getting) online so I can play with friends and family cities and states away!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: bup
I'm glad to see that updates will be a thing on the 3ds version of this!!! Some things that I noticed that I'm sure that have been brought up before as well.

1. You can not mix biomes to allow for AFK farming for key molds. Tried making some farms with different biomes, but only 1 was active at a time.

2. Being able to rename chest would be a must! I forget where I put stuff all the time.

3. Higher tier accessories would also be nice. Like being able to combine the Moon Shell with the Celestial Stone like you can in the PC

4. Drops rates. My son manages to get all the rare Drops on the first try. And I end up farming for HOURS to get the same.

5. Events (Solar Eclipse Mainly) almost never get it.

6. Bosses De-Spawning if they are out of the screen. I'm still within their firing range, but they will de-spawn if you get them out of your sight sometimes. Happened with the Duke Fishron quite often.

7. Being able to zoom the camera out, so you can see a bit more to the world. Also watches and GPS Would be a nice touch. Hard to tell when it's night time. I know you can move the camera around on the N3DS but it's tough to do when you are fighting or moving around without it messing up what you are doing.

But I love this version of Terraria, the controls are fantastic, I love the portability of it, I like being able to play with my kids, and am looking forward to (hopefully getting) online so I can play with friends and family cities and states away!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I agree that a zoom function would be better than the camera 'peek', fingers crossed they take that into consideration. In fact I agree with pretty much everything you typed. The biome recognition thing really put me off as my farms weren't working like they should. I hope they fix this.

I'm pretty sure that they're addressing the bosses despawning with the next update, so don't worry about that. I also think they mentioned tweeks to events and drop rates, but I'm not completely sure.

...and I wouldn't get your hopes up about an online mode. As awesome as it'd be, and everyone wants it, they just don't seem to want to do it. Everytime I ask them about bigger worlds or online, I seem to get ignored.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I agree that a zoom function would be better than the camera 'peek', fingers crossed they take that into consideration. In fact I agree with pretty much everything you typed. The biome recognition thing really put me off as my farms weren't working like they should. I hope they fix this.

I'm pretty sure that they're addressing the bosses despawning with the next update, so don't worry about that. I also think they mentioned tweeks to events and drop rates, but I'm not completely sure.

...and I wouldn't get your hopes up about an online mode. As awesome as it'd be, and everyone wants it, they just don't seem to want to do it. Everytime I ask them about bigger worlds or online, I seem to get ignored.
The biomes are so hard to farm. When I was farming for the ice key mold, the ice music wouldn't ever play unless the screen was 75% ice. Hours later, I finally got the frost hydra.

The biomes are so hard to farm. When I was farming for the ice key mold, the ice music wouldn't ever play unless the screen was 75% ice. Hours later, I finally got the frost hydra.
Lucky. That's the one I still need to complete my set. I just never want to farm for it because the Ice biome hardly ever recognizes me. That's why I'm waiting for the update to attempt at getting it.

The extra character slots I assume

Correct.

Drop rates and RNG are what they are - unless there is some bug with X item (which has occurred and is fixed as found), then I do not see them adjusting rates outside of normal spec just for PC.

Zoom for the actual gameplay screen causes performance issues, if past notes from various devs on the same topic (in relation to X360, PS3, Vita) would apply here - which given the very limited 3DS hardware, I suspect is the case. More to render = more demands on RAM and such = more potential for bad things.

Larger worlds is being "ignored"? Last I saw, everyone - including Deanzor - acknowledged the desire and said it would be considered for N3DS in the future. Impossible on old 3DS. They aren't ready to "split" things yet it seems, and are focusing on getting across-the-board fixes and such in place first. I think that is the smartest way to go. How is any of that "ignoring" it?

1.3 content keeps being asked for - no idea where they are on that nor if it will even be possible on 3DS (I have no idea how close to "the limit" it is....on old or new 3ds), and then there are tradeoffs - like those larger worlds. If "everything" winds up being impossible, then it comes down to what is most important to put into the limited set of stuff you can do. Just sort of rambling/speculating there.....again, I do not actually know what those limits could be.

Absolutely right. I've said this before and I'll say it again; people really need to stop mistaking technical limitations for incompetence. Not only is it incorrect, it's extremely rude. Obviously not everyone in the thread is being like this, but you know who you are. Be more patient and pay closer attention to what Deanzor has already said.

I do appreciate what's managed to make it to the 3DS version. I remember playing Terraria before 1.2, far away from the conveniences of 1.3+ so I'm not too bothered taking a stroll down memory lane, with small additions from the later updates.

What exacly is meant with the "The center of the world needs to be completely flat, so that the player can build there" fix?

What exacly is meant with the "The center of the world needs to be completely flat, so that the player can build there" fix?
Usually, a player starting on a new world/character will want to set up home base close to where they start off at. That would make it easier on the player beginning with very limited resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom